Honor Blackman slams Craig

All Connery Related News
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Honor Blackman slams Craig

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/198 ... niel-Craig
HONOR BLACKMAN SLAMS LATEST 007 DANIEL CRAIG

Saturday September 11,2010

AFTER George Lazenby declared he doesn’t care if the Bond franchise ends, former Bond girl Honor Blackman has criticised current 007 actor Daniel Craig.

Honor, 85, who played Pussy Galore alongside Sean Connery in Goldfinger in 1964, doesn’t think original Bond author Ian Fleming would be so keen either.

“I don’t think Fleming would approve,” she tells benhealth magazine. “Bond was someone who could bed a lady then kill her, and then have a cocktail and move on.

But they don’t allow that sort of thing now. It isn’t the character that Ian wrote about. It’s not Bond is all I can say.”
Yet another Bond celeb says Craig is not Bond....
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Honor Blackman slams Craig

Post by Dr. No »

Actually a little bit damning. Not that i think eon cares. They gave up on Bond when Daniel was hired,
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Dr. No wrote:Actually a little bit damning. Not that i think eon cares. They gave up on Bond when Daniel was hired,
They gave up on the traditional Bond and decide to twist the franchise into their own image.
Last edited by FormerBondFan on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

All together now: "Has been". "D-list celebrity". "Un-person". "Apostate". © The Church of Craig.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I'd thought they would go for at death's door, demented maybe.
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Sophie Marceau, Honor Blackman, Edward Fox.....lots of celebs have said they don't like Craig and the reboot.
Bring back Bond!
katied

Post by katied »

Fanboys: "Kill the infidel!!" Sadly, that's not an exaggeration. There are probably a lot of them that would like Honor Blackman to be stoned to death in a public square. :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

katied wrote:Fanboys: "Kill the infidel!!" Sadly, that's not an exaggeration.
Actually, I think you'll find that it is.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
katied

Post by katied »

OK, OK, it IS an exaggeration. But speaking out against the Bond films(especially when you have a "popular with the masses"-HA! That a good one!- Bond like Craig) is frowned upon and will definitely make you unpopular with Bond fanb..I mean fans.
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

carl stromberg wrote:Sophie Marceau, Honor Blackman, Edward Fox.....lots of celebs have said they don't like Craig and the reboot.
I thought there were a few more. Doesn't matter, if we could prove without a doubt 3 or4 million really don't like Craig it still wouldn't matter to some or Eon come to think of it.
I get why Moore and Dalton do it, they were heavily criticized and they will without question defend who ever is being attacked. Actors are thin skinned and since they were criticized they well a duty to hold up the line. They do not stop of one moment to consider what or why fan like us were up set they jumped on board a blame wagon and chastised us for not being open or understanding enough, it not like were were blocking Craig's right to build a mosque or anything. We thought he was inappropriate for James Bond, we didn't want him dead just successfully working elsewhere. Which looks like that last part may be happening right now.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kokopelli
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Spy Who Loved Me, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Thunderball, Live and Let Die, The World Is Not Enough, You Only Live Twice
Favorite Movies: Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, The Hunt for Red October, Die Hard Movies, Harry Potter Movies, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Kingdom of Heaven, Elizabeth & Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Post by Kokopelli »

No surprise there. I doubt any of the old iconic Bond girls would look at Craig and see James Bond.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/198 ... niel-Craig
HONOR BLACKMAN SLAMS LATEST 007 DANIEL CRAIG

Saturday September 11,2010

AFTER George Lazenby declared he doesn’t care if the Bond franchise ends, former Bond girl Honor Blackman has criticised current 007 actor Daniel Craig.

Honor, 85, who played Pussy Galore alongside Sean Connery in Goldfinger in 1964, doesn’t think original Bond author Ian Fleming would be so keen either.

“I don’t think Fleming would approve,” she tells benhealth magazine. “Bond was someone who could bed a lady then kill her, and then have a cocktail and move on.

But they don’t allow that sort of thing now. It isn’t the character that Ian wrote about. It’s not Bond is all I can say.”
Yet another Bond celeb says Craig is not Bond....
"Crooked is the back of fate."
katied

Post by katied »

The iconic Bond girls' opinions about Craig go over about as well as a fart in church at the fan websites. :P