The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Can you identify the voice of the radio news reporter at the 2:20 mark from the movie The Saint?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Can you identify the voice of the radio news reporter at the 2:20 mark from the movie The Saint?
I know this one Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MGM has tapped Warner Bros. to be its new international partner, giving Warners a shot at having a piece of the James Bond franchise. One caveat, the arrangement doesn’t include the next James Bond film. The two companies announced the arrangement Sunday. MGM’s previous partner was Universal, which released the 2022 James Bond installment No Time to Die internationally. Bond 26, the next chapter in the James Bond series of films, will also be distributed by Universal Pictures International as part of the studio’s original agreement (details of the movie have not yet been released).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:45 pm (details of the movie have not yet been released).
Or conceived.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dunno if anyone else here has a Britbox subscription, but Becoming Bond, the documentary about George Lazenby and OHMSS, is now available to stream on there.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

According to the Daily Mirror, EON has just signed a deal with Warner Bros that will keep Bond on screen until at least 2037. So that's another two, maybe even three more films guaranteed:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/jam ... l-27792806

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The team behind 007 has signed a pact with studio giant Warner Bros to take the spy franchise past its 27th film and 75th birthday in 2037. Tinseltown insiders hailed the tie-in “great news for fans”. -----great news? It is 2022 now. They hope to be done with Bond 27 by 2037, therefore only doing 2 films in the next 15 years :?: :!: :hair: Broccoli will be 77 then :!: It appears she does not want to make any more Bond films, but if she is forced too, she will spread them out over 7-8 years and retain her title as a producer in Hollywood so she can continue to feel 'inclusive' with the other elites who pat themselves on their backs every awards season. RIDICULOUS :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I thought I was joking when I said that was the reason they were looking at actors in their 30s.

James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Aidan Turner was asked about Bond in a Daily Mail interview. He didn't sound very enthusiastic.

'It's weird how my name keeps coming up as I've never had a meeting with them. I'm really happy with how my career's going and something like that would change your life. It would be impossible to maintain any anonymity. At the moment I can still get on the Tube and go to pubs and there's never a problem. I don't think I'd want that to change. I wouldn't want it to become a nightmare for my family. It would be an interesting phone call to get, but I feel blessed with the jobs I've had. Plus, if you took on Bond you'd have to be a big fan of the movies, and I don't know if I am!'
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:Aidan Turner was asked about Bond in a Daily Mail interview. He didn't sound very enthusiastic.

'It's weird how my name keeps coming up as I've never had a meeting with them. I'm really happy with how my career's going and something like that would change your life. It would be impossible to maintain any anonymity. At the moment I can still get on the Tube and go to pubs and there's never a problem. I don't think I'd want that to change. I wouldn't want it to become a nightmare for my family. It would be an interesting phone call to get, but I feel blessed with the jobs I've had. Plus, if you took on Bond you'd have to be a big fan of the movies, and I don't know if I am!'
Ah, that's a shame. Probably best if he doesn't get it, if he's that unenthusiastic about it. The last thing we need is another Bond actor grudgingly going through the motions for the sake of a paycheck.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If Turner said that, the hell with him too in the role. Brosnan actually embraced the role and was an enthusiastic ambassador for the franchise.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:01 pm If Turner said that, the hell with him too in the role. Brosnan actually embraced the role and was an enthusiastic ambassador for the franchise.
Team Cavill, then? He seems to actually want the role, though he will probably be too old by the time Babbzy finally makes a decision.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli has NO clue as to who will be the next Bond. She might be waiting for another muse to come along and be another obsession for her lust.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli has NO clue as to who will be the next Bond. She might be waiting for another muse to come along and be another obsession for her lust.
She wanted Sean Bean, and picked Craggy, so I'd say she definitely has a type.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:00 pm
James wrote:Aidan Turner was asked about Bond in a Daily Mail interview. He didn't sound very enthusiastic.

Ah, that's a shame. Probably best if he doesn't get it, if he's that unenthusiastic about it. The last thing we need is another Bond actor grudgingly going through the motions for the sake of a paycheck.

Yeah, I'm getting shades of Danny from this, pretty much every complaint he had about getting the role. Too bad Aidian was one of my top choices, but as you say we don't need another begrudging actor cashing in a pay day then griping all the way to the bank.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:23 pm
bjmdds wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:01 pm If Turner said that, the hell with him too in the role. Brosnan actually embraced the role and was an enthusiastic ambassador for the franchise.
Team Cavill, then? He seems to actually want the role, though he will probably be too old by the time Babbzy finally makes a decision.
While I'd never been much of a Cavill fanboy, but he's grown of me the past couple of years with statements that show how interested he is in the character and his respect for "fandoms." Leading up to the premier of his Witcher show an interviewer was trying to goad him into slagging off "toxic fandoms" and he shut that down real quick. I'm paraphrasing here, he said the fans are what make these films possible and the creatives need to listen to them and produce a product fitting the properties they're based on. That sent his stock soaring in my book.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

From 2018: Aidan Turner said this: ‘There’s someone else playing the role at the moment but when it’s free I’ll have a look at it,’ he admitted during a private screening in London this week. The 34-year-old, who has previously declined to comment on the role, was backed by former Bond Sir Roger Moore before he died last year.-----maybe he is playing hard to get with Broccoli? :idea:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

That thought had crossed my mind BJ, since every excuse he gave came right out of the Dan handbook, maybe he's trying the reverse psychology Craig used on Babz. However, if by some stretch of the imagination that were the fact then you can bet his interpretation of Bond would also be similar to Danny's as well, and we've seen what that looks like.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

How about Stor from Dr Who as Bond? A 50p postal order if anyone can name the actor.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:How about Stor from Dr Who as Bond? A 50p postal order if anyone can name the actor.

Without cheating and looking it up, I'm going to guess one of those '70s Doctor Who regulars like Michael Wisher.