The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:19 am If I can only find the time, this deserves a rant!
Do it! Do it!
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

In a recent tweet, Deadline Senior Film Reporter Justin Kroll claimed that John Krasinski was not Marvel Studios' "first choice" to play Reed Richards in "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness." Instead, Kroll says that Marvel originally intended to have former James Bond actor Daniel Craig appear as the Fantastic Four leader in the film, but those plans changed when Craig backed out of the project because he didn't want to risk getting COVID-19 and giving it to his family.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:In a recent tweet, Deadline Senior Film Reporter Justin Kroll claimed that John Krasinski was not Marvel Studios' "first choice" to play Reed Richards in "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness." Instead, Kroll says that Marvel originally intended to have former James Bond actor Daniel Craig appear as the Fantastic Four leader in the film, but those plans changed when Craig backed out of the project because he didn't want to risk getting COVID-19 and giving it to his family.
Wow marvel dodged a bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:16 am
dirtybenny wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:19 am If I can only find the time, this deserves a rant!
Do it! Do it!
Did it: http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... des-again/
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:16 am
Do it! Do it!
Did it: http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... des-again/
King.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

If you live in the USA, sign up here to get 8 FREE Covid tests from our government: https://special.usps.com/testkits
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Got *8* for free when I got my booster shot the other day so I’m set!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

From the official 007 website, the story behind Maurice Binder's Dr No titles:

https://www.007.com/full-circle-the-dr-no-dots/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

These are the very lunatics that Broccoli and Hollywood cater to:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards on NBC saw the lowest audience in the show’s decades-long history, becoming the latest award show to suffer decreased ratings this year, at only 2.11 million viewers. The lack of talent is stark in the 21st century and Sean Combs bombed as host with these dismal results as hardly anyone cares about this garbage........Rejecting his title as "host" (and "vibe curator") of the Billboard Music Awards, Diddy instead declared that he was "not even a human being," having evolved past his human form and ascended to full-blown "frequency" status. :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant had someone named Jeremy Crabb write this: Boyle's narrative certainly could have had some potential to be a solid Bond outing, but after seeing Fukunaga's final product, it's hard to see how Boyle's film could have matched the emotional nuance of No Time to Die. The 25th Bond film really feels like the perfect note for Craig's 007 to end on before the next James Bond actor fills in his shoes. Bond's arc is a perfect culmination of his five-movie saga and the themes of loss and heroism that made his interpretation of the character so memorable.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:24 am Screenrant had someone named Jeremy Crabb write this: Boyle's narrative certainly could have had some potential to be a solid Bond outing, but after seeing Fukunaga's final product, it's hard to see how Boyle's film could have matched the emotional nuance of No Time to Die. The 25th Bond film really feels like the perfect (suicide) note for Craig's 007 to end on before the next James Bond actor fills in his shoes. Bond's arc is a perfect culmination of his five-movie saga and the themes of loss and heroism that made his interpretation of the character so memorable.
Love how these circle jerking idiots like to pretend these tragedies weren't strung together haphazardly, last minute in the final two films.

P.S. Cary Funkyfinger's film stole heavily from Boyles narrative, so much so he should have gotten a writing credit, certainly more deserving of one than the Carebear himself!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Forget Sean Connery and Roger Moore, Brosnan, 69, has emerged as the favourite among past Bonds excluding Daniel Craig, according to the viewing preferences of Amazon Prime Video subscribers. Amazon released the entire collection of 27 Bond movies to its estimated 12.6 million UK subscribers last month. Brosnan’s four films all featured in the top 11 after nearly a month on the streaming service. GoldenEye ranked in fourth place behind three Craig outings, including No Time To Die, which premiered on Amazon in April and unsurprisingly topped the list. ------this just confirms that this current generation does not even bother to watch the origin films in the series from its inception.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Rotten Tomato's ranking by the numbers of all of the Bond films. Guess which was the lowest rated by them: https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/gu ... -in-order/
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Forget Sean Connery and Roger Moore, Brosnan, 69, has emerged as the favourite among past Bonds excluding Daniel Craig, according to the viewing preferences of Amazon Prime Video subscribers. Amazon released the entire collection of 27 Bond movies to its estimated 12.6 million UK subscribers last month. Brosnan’s four films all featured in the top 11 after nearly a month on the streaming service. GoldenEye ranked in fourth place behind three Craig outings, including No Time To Die, which premiered on Amazon in April and unsurprisingly topped the list. ------this just confirms that this current generation does not even bother to watch the origin films in the series from its inception.
Actually brosnan showing up is amazing after the pr campaign to trash his legacy and the critics who still trash it just because that’s where they are mentally, never really like bond but can’t just say it.
Brosnan is being given a chance by Craig generation and they seem to like it. I bet the other streaming number on Netflix and others probably had good brosnan number as well.

Craig movies ought to be a little higher in the Amazon ranking just with being newer “block busters” against other newer movies

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, that didn't last long:Image

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:50 pm Well, that didn't last long:Image

The Bezos giveth and the Bezos taketh away.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:

Seems strange to fork out all that money for MGM's back catalogue and not take advantage of it, though. I can understand them pulling the two non-EON ones, but TSWLM and Craig's least bad movie?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think they are trying to keep interest up in the series with the idea it can go back into the vault at anything . Or maybe sell them as a collection on Amazon. Eon was bad about over selling the catalog to movie channels and streaming, when we weee kids me and my brothers watched these movies on TBS , who was there go to in the us, dad I think was the last movie to be bought for broadcast to the one of the big three over the air stations.

We bought the 4K versions streaming on Vudu and a few on Apple. Nobody else had them at the time and I don’t believe there is a set of them on 4K disc anywhere

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:27 am
dirtybenny wrote:

Seems strange to fork out all that money for MGM's back catalogue and not take advantage of it, though. I can understand them pulling the two non-EON ones, but TSWLM and Craig's least bad movie?

I think Omega is on to something, Bezos is pulling a Disney, tossing films into the "vault" in order to make our "hearts grow fonder." I imagine they'll be getting re-released again once the streaming content (Amazing Race type game show) goes live. Then back in the box until the next bit of "content" needs a boost.