The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

All 6 Bonds at once:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

While No Time to Die producer Barbara Broccoli admitted today that the stewards of the 007 franchise don’t yet know how James Bond will return after Daniel Craig’s swansong as the super secret agent, she did allow, “We’ll figure that one out, but he will be back. You can rest assured James Bond will be back.”
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

https://deadline.com/2021/12/no-time-to ... 234884000/

Money quote from Babz "While No Time to Die producer Barbara Broccoli admitted today that the stewards of the 007 franchise don’t yet know how James Bond will return after Daniel Craig’s swansong as the super secret agent, she did allow, “We’ll figure that one out, but he will be back. You can rest assured James Bond will be back.”

They have no clue.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote:https://deadline.com/2021/12/no-time-to ... 234884000/

Money quote from Babz "While No Time to Die producer Barbara Broccoli admitted today that the stewards of the 007 franchise don’t yet know how James Bond will return after Daniel Craig’s swansong as the super secret agent, she did allow, “We’ll figure that one out, but he will be back. You can rest assured James Bond will be back.”

They have no clue.
It's not difficult, you just reboot again. Hopefully a soft reboot like Goldeneye or TLD rather than another origin story leading to a 5-film ongoing soap opera.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

If they're not explicit about it, I'm sure the most devoted Craigskis might come up with a prequel theory. He was already retired in NTTD so that was his last ever mission, so anything else is necessarily a prequel. Of course I think that's a horrible idea and also completely irrelevant if nothing in the movies is shown to support it. It would also unravel if they were daft enough to ever try and kill him off all over again. Let's hope not.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

See my post on "Bond's date of birth" elsewhere in this forum. My preference would be for the Craig timeline to be hermetically sealed, and for Bond 26 to simply be the next entry in the series that ran from Dr No to Die Another Day, with a Bond who was born sometime in the early '80s, but who is otherwise the same guy who previously went on all those missions.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:59 pm My preference would be for the Craig timeline to be hermetically sealed, and for Bond 26 to simply be the next entry in the series that ran from Dr No to Die Another Day
I'd say you're speaking for pretty much everyone here when you say that Kris. I too hope it's a soft reboot and that the backstory is based on the books and the earlier movies, without, at least, too many nods to any of Craig's (yeah, ideally none). It's probably wishful thinking on our part though, unless perhaps Bezos's posse insist on it.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Are they kidding? https://www.uareleasingguilds.com/?id=notimetodieabout It looks like its run in the USA is thankfully over as it is not listed in theatres any longer and it was, officially, the lowest grossing Cr-egg Bond film here in the USA and a far cry as was stated, from Brosnan's DAD total here :!: $158,617,038 was the final USA count.
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This is what it's been about from day one. Didn't Skyfall win a couple of Oscars?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Nominate it for best comedy in a spy genre.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:05 pm
This is what it's been about from day one. Didn't Skyfall win a couple of Oscars?

"And the Oscar for best performance by a somnambulist goes to..."

"Oh wow, this is unprecedented, the entire cast of No Time To Die!"

Craig's films remind me of Ben Stiller's character in Tropic Thunder, playing a mentally challenged individual in an effort to Oscar bait.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Hidden behind a paywall, alas.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NTTD was still in USA theaters this past weekend. They posted only $902,000 so Broccoli is trying to drag it over the $160 million mark for its final total here, now being at $159.6 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:46 am NTTD was still in USA theaters this past weekend. They posted only $902,000 so Broccoli is trying to drag it over the $160 million mark for its final total here, now being at $159.6 million.
I remember QOS staying in cinemas until it just scraped past the $200 million mark, but that seems a more significant milestone than $160 million. If they're hoping for $200 million domestic, I think they're in for a very long wait.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The BLUE-PINK :hair: 'fashion plate' answered questions: Jeff Bezos' memo to Broccoli in 2022 would be a welcomed event: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Babbzy is *still* using that frankly creepy "bride at the altar" metaphor when talking about the next Bond. When I saw it in a different article, I thought maybe it was an old quote, but I followed the link, and this profile is dated Tuesday. Move on, jeez: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235058174/

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:35 am Babbzy is *still* using that frankly creepy "bride at the altar" metaphor when talking about the next Bond. When I saw it in a different article, I thought maybe it was an old quote, but I followed the link, and this profile is dated Tuesday. Move on, jeez: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235058174/

Besides being creepy (which it most certainly is), it's also nonsensical at this stage. It's more akin to asking a woman at the divorce lawyer's office who her next husband is. He left you old girl, get over him and move on, you have a production company to run so act like it!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:07 pm
bjmdds wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:54 pm
kater23 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 pm Went to see House Of Gucci last weekend and NTTD was down to 2 showings, both at odd times.
I heard Gucci was not good and way too long.
I heard that too, and that for some reason, the cast all adopt hokey cod-Italian "it's a-me, Mario" accents.
That grated on my ears completely while watching the trailer. Ok, Italians in general are not terribly proficient when it comes to other languages but I've never ever met an Italian who spoke like that.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:45 pm
Besides being creepy (which it most certainly is), it's also nonsensical at this stage. It's more akin to asking a woman at the divorce lawyer's office who her next husband is.
When she's already said that she's planning to start dating again in the New Year.