The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:16 am From The New Republic, The Failures That Made Ian Fleming:
https://newrepublic.com/article/162964/ ... phy-review

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
An interesting read, but a bit too "post modern" for me. The last line of the article:

"And while the “real” Bond might have been a lot of fun 50 years ago, not many of us want him back."

Says two things, Craig is not Fleming's Bond and this author doesn't know much about the fanbase.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Okay. Looks like the forum is back in business.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Goldeneye wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:02 am Okay. Looks like the forum is back in business.
It's good to be back! :cheers:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

DCinB just got back online too! Loading fast. I was told they upgraded our new server to a faster SSD system.

The way it was explained to me is our host company likes to over load servers. Initial response times are great then as the weeks and years go by they keep adding more people to the server. Or a few high uses sites are hosted from the same server. Either way it slows down until eventually a more medium usage site like ours crawl to a halt.

Of course I am sure our host company would have a very good rebuttal. And I am not well versed enough to refute it all. Best evidence our guy was right is the sites we were told are working as they should, yet not visible online, are suddenly working once we were moved to a new server.
Nothing else was done by use except make a backup before the move.

Give it the rest of tomorrow to work out the bugs, lots of little changes and all kinds of updates for the networks to locate the new addresses.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

About time and let's hope it was corrected as the SERVER was the issue. Nine days we were down. My screen kept stating that SAFARI CANNOT CONNECT TO DANIELCRAIGISNOTBOND BECAUSE THE SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING. By the way, Malek recently spilled the beans that the ONLY Bond film he watched to prepare for this film was........DR NO.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I’d prefer to have someone with at least a *working* knowledge of the Bond films.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Goldeneye wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:02 am Okay. Looks like the forum is back in business.
Yay, thanks for getting us back! I was beginning to wonder if this place had been consigned to the history books.. Very glad it wasn't! :cheers:
bjmdds wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:12 am By the way, Malek recently spilled the beans that the ONLY Bond film he watched to prepare for this film was........DR NO.
If the rumors are true and he's playing Dr No that's another old character rebooted--and they're obviously not making out Craig's Bond is at the start of his career anymore so the original timeline of events for the movies has been well and truly rotovated beyond all recognition with a large, pointy spade.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

acid wrote: If the rumors are true and he's playing Dr No that's another old character rebooted--and they're obviously not making out Craig's Bond is at the start of his career anymore so the original timeline of events for the movies has been well and truly rotovated beyond all recognition with a large, pointy spade.
I seriously hope this rumour isn't true. If it is, it just looks like a pathetic attempt to recreate the impact of bringing back Blofield. "Last time, we gave you the recurring villain from nearly 20 years of Bond history (if you include FYEO). This time it's...the guy who got killed at the end of the first movie."

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Nu-Star Trek ruined their attempt to bring back Kahn. Bond has since QOS been trying to do the same thing bringing back Blowfeld, a lame attempt at Dr No would be the appropriate whimper for Craig’s era to go out on.
Perfectly representing the creative bankruptcy Babs has brought to the series.

Seriously she copies the report craze then copies Christopher Nolan‘s Batman series at several key points, even hiring a Director Who is claimed the same is copying Nolan, hiring purposes way to add appropriate bond touches / call backs to the script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ok
Tapatalk is working properly again. For months I was getting errors every post, for the last two weeks it never allowed me to post. So frustrating I just gave up.I assumed the app used here was outdated and was the problem because other Tapatalk discussions worked fine. Now it’s lightning fast posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Total Film: With ongoing rumors of his villain secretly being Dr. No, the Oscar winner played coy but did say, "I would never shoot something like [those rumors] down. It’s intriguing." And, when asked which Bond films he watched in preparation for his role, Malek cheekily said, "Only Dr. No." Image The facial scarring......the clothing.........the new version of the original Dr. No gang. Book it :!: Broccoli at her worst, as usual. Cr-egg's entire run as Bond has been nothing more than a 15 year prequel to Sean Connery's 1962 first film. The next Bond actor might actually be involved with a chap named.........are you ready........Goldfinger :!: :idea:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Y’all,I though we were never going to “see” each other again.That’s a scary thought.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:46 pm Total Film: With ongoing rumors of his villain secretly being Dr. No, the Oscar winner played coy but did say, "I would never shoot something like [those rumors] down. It’s intriguing." And, when asked which Bond films he watched in preparation for his role, Malek cheekily said, "Only Dr. No." The facial scarring......the clothing.........the new version of the original Dr. No gang. Book it :!: Broccoli at her worst, as usual. Cr-egg's entire run as Bond has been nothing more than a 15 year prequel to Sean Connery's 1962 first film. The next Bond actor might actually be involved with a chap named.........are you ready........Goldfinger :!: :idea:
I suspect this is misdirection. I hope so, anyway, since the character of Safin as described bears practically no resemblance to Dr No beyond sharing the same tailor (Dr No didn't have a particularly scarred face in the original film).
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Now this website is much faster. Broccoli probably changed no hands for a scarred face, to show her creativity. Not! With billionaire industrialists Musk and Bezos racing into space, perhaps Broccoli will have the next writers reinvent Drax and do a space take over of the world film once again. :idea:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:59 pm Y’all,I though we were never going to “see” each other again.That’s a scary thought.
Nobody will succeed in silencing this opposition force to EON MP. In the future, they have everyone's email addresses so I would think they would put out a group email explaining the situation if it ever occurred again.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Now this website is much faster. Broccoli probably changed no hands for a scarred face, to show her creativity. Not! With billionaire industrialists Musk and Bezos racing into space, perhaps Broccoli will have the next writers reinvent Drax and do a space take over of the world film once again. :idea:
When Goldeneye posted on Twitter about this site being down, I jokingly replied that new Bond owner Jeff Bezos had zapped it from his dick rocket.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Safin's first named is LYUTSIFER. What kind of name is that?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Safin's first named is LYUTSIFER. What kind of name is that?
Russian for Lucifer?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Safin is pulling all the strings... He’s controlling all of those megalomaniacs out there. He’s created them."
― Producer Barbara Broccoli on Safin's influence
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:34 pm
bjmdds wrote:Safin's first named is LYUTSIFER. What kind of name is that?
Russian for Lucifer?

You were correct it looks like:

Meaning of Lyutsifer: Russian form of Lucifer
Lyutsifer Origin: Russian