The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

kater23 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:51 am According to a tweet I saw, Knives Out 2 is filming in Greece!
I wonder if Dan is going to affect a stereotypical Greek accent like the southern fried colonel he did in the first one?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm I wonder if Dan is going to affect a stereotypical Greek accent like the southern fried colonel he did in the first one?
Somebody on Twitter did suggest that his character should have a different accent in each film, and that it should never be explained why.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:26 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:32 pm I wonder if Dan is going to affect a stereotypical Greek accent like the southern fried colonel he did in the first one?
Somebody on Twitter did suggest that his character should have a different accent in each film, and that it should never be explained why.
Seems legit! :D
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Richard Donner, director of Superman: The Movie, The Omen, The Goonies and all 4 Lethal Weapons.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Watched part of the new brosnan movie, um kind of standard Heist movie, nothing really good at the point we left it. Still has potential just not there yet on screen. All of the actors don’t really get a chance to shine, could happen in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Watched part of the new brosnan movie, um kind of standard Heist movie, nothing really good at the point we left it. Still has potential just not there yet on screen. All of the actors don’t really get a chance to shine, could happen in the second half

Where did you see it? I didn't realise it was out yet. From the trailer and your description, I'm wondering if this film is The Topkapi Affair with the serial numbers filed off.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Researchers found that adults who have more harmful than healthy bacteria in their gums are more likely to have evidence for amyloid beta, a key biomarker for Alzheimer’s, in their cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). Amyloid beta is one of two characteristic proteins for Alzheimer’s in the brain. The other, tau, was not associated with an imbalance in oral bacteria.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:48 am
Omega wrote:Watched part of the new brosnan movie, um kind of standard Heist movie, nothing really good at the point we left it. Still has potential just not there yet on screen. All of the actors don’t really get a chance to shine, could happen in the second half

Where did you see it? I didn't realise it was out yet. From the trailer and your description, I'm wondering if this film is The Topkapi Affair with the serial numbers filed off.

It was released June 11th and has a whopping 18% on the Tomatometer. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_misfits_2021
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:It was released June 11th and has a whopping 18% on the Tomatometer. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_misfits_2021
Ouch. Though the audience score was a much healthier 69%, so that's quite a disparity.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:

It was on Xbox live on sale, about standard new films not a big bo movie goes for.

I don’t think it a grey market Topeka affair, it’s a by the numbers heist with the standard twist -but we’re the good guys- movie. The potential there is brosnan and Tim Roth if they ever share a scene. And where they take Brosnan’s character. But brosnan was hired because he was bond, his character is a womanizer and for the first half it was kind of unnecessary, except for one small plot point.
It’s a small budget movie filmed in Abu Dhabi or something. Maybe Saudi Arabia? Film grant movie using all the tourist trap locations, but that’s not a bad point.
When we finish it I’ll have a fair idea of if it’s worth it or not.

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Statement on the future of the James Bond franchise from Barbie and Ken, via the embedded journalists at MI6:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... -craig-era

I'll save you a click: they don't really say anything of substance, just a load of vacuous PR-speak.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:56 am Statement on the future of the James Bond franchise from Barbie and Ken, via the embedded journalists at MI6:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... -craig-era

I'll save you a click: they don't really say anything of substance, just a load of vacuous PR-speak.

"...we are at a critical juncture and that the continuing success of the James Bond series is dependent on us getting the next iteration right..."

But...but, I thought Craig was tha bestust eva and his films were perfect, how could they be in a perilous position after such an immaculate run? Surely you just cast another craggy po-faced actor who obviously doesn't want to be there, slags off the series every chance he gets and place them in dour, soul sucking films shot in inky blackness, hasn't that been their recipe for success? I mean Skyfall made a billion dollars after all!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What this moron means by 'iteration' is race in my opinion, so do not be surprised now if the idiot goes 'woke' to appeal to a generation of misfits who will not even bother going to see it. As long as they can sit and play with their androids and i-phones is all that generation cares about...........talk about lunacy, has anyone seen the 'thing' that Sharon Stone, age 63, is dating now? If not, you won't believe it! The 'thing' is a 25 year old 'masked' rapper! Image She now belongs in an asylum.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 am What this moron means by 'iteration' is race in my opinion
"..we are at a critical juncture and that the continuing success of the James Bond series is dependent on us getting the next race right..."

Don't see it myself.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:51 pm
"...we are at a critical juncture and that the continuing success of the James Bond series is dependent on us getting the next iteration right..."

But...but, I thought Craig was tha bestust eva and his films were perfect, how could they be in a perilous position after such an immaculate run? Surely you just cast another craggy po-faced actor who obviously doesn't want to be there, slags off the series every chance he gets and place them in dour, soul sucking films shot in inky blackness, hasn't that been their recipe for success? I mean Skyfall made a billion dollars after all!
Weeeeell...I think what she means is "Daniel (sigh) was so dreamy and perfect that we have to be really careful not to return to the bad old days when Bond was played by losers like Connery and Moore". Call me a pessimist, but I expect the next Bond to be another "Flemming's Bond" nightclub bouncer type.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:45 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Weeeeell...I think what she means is "Daniel (sigh) was so dreamy and perfect that we have to be really careful not to return to the bad old days when Bond was played by losers like Connery and Moore". Call me a pessimist, but I expect the next Bond to be another "Flemming's Bond" nightclub bouncer type.
I think you're right on both accounts there Kris!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 am What this moron means by 'iteration' is race in my opinion, so do not be surprised now if the idiot goes 'woke' to appeal to a generation of misfits who will not even bother going to see it. As long as they can sit and play with their androids and i-phones is all that generation cares about...........talk about lunacy, has anyone seen the 'thing' that Sharon Stone, age 63, is dating now? If not, you won't believe it! The 'thing' is a 25 year old 'masked' rapper! Image She now belongs in an asylum.
Sharon Stone is dating a Northern Irish terrorist? :wink:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

carl stromberg wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:26 pm
bjmdds wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 am What this moron means by 'iteration' is race in my opinion, so do not be surprised now if the idiot goes 'woke' to appeal to a generation of misfits who will not even bother going to see it. As long as they can sit and play with their androids and i-phones is all that generation cares about...........talk about lunacy, has anyone seen the 'thing' that Sharon Stone, age 63, is dating now? If not, you won't believe it! The 'thing' is a 25 year old 'masked' rapper! Image She now belongs in an asylum.
Sharon Stone is dating a Northern Irish terrorist? :wink:
Image What is scary is that people like Stone are allowed to vote. She requires a straitjacket and a full psychiatric evaluation.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I find it odder that a 25-year-old man would date a 63-year-old woman. Strong "What first attracted you to millionaire Paul Daniels?" energy there. Still, it's a free country, and they're both consenting adults.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Kim Newman just tweeted this out, Ian Fleming interviewing Raymond Chandler for BBC Radio.