The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

I knew they use castoreum in cherry flavored candy..which is why I avoid it.That, and it tastes like cough syrup.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Well I just watched Kong vs. Godzilla. It is an interesting film to say the least. I would sum it up as 'pre-historic journey to the center of the earth meets Ultron'. :up:
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Well I just watched Kong vs. Godzilla. It is an interesting film to say the least. I would sum it up as 'pre-historic journey to the center of the earth meets Ulton'. :up:
Did you see it in a cinema or stream it?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Streamed on tv.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We watched Kong vs Godzilla it was a fun if you watch it without any logic, we liked it better than Godzilla or skull island

We tried to watch the Zach Snyder cut, didn’t get more than an hour or two into it. It’s just bad, the flash is super creepy.

Same Problem the directors cut of Batman v Superman, not really Batman or Superman, lex Luther was just stupid,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The Force Awakens was well-received when it came out, but looking back on it now, I think it suffered from the same problem that hobbled Thr Rise of Skywalker - an over-reliance on nostalgia and callbacks to the original trilogy instead of making a satisfying film in its own right. For me, Rogue One is the best of the Disney Star Wars movies, though I haven't seen Solo.
Solo was enjoyable by the end, actually like it but not sold on the young solo actor. I don’t like Lando’s droid either, I think they had the idea to try to make the falcon the ship of the rebellion but that story line all fell to hell after the back lash to last Jedi hurt solo. Now some of the droid was meant to be comedy and it works, also solo has some good fan reveals and set up for a trilogy which will never be filmed. Which is a shame because they were getting what made Han work by the end of the movie. Maybe a tv series like obi wan

Rogue one was enjoyable, good cast, creepy cgi Leia even before fisher died.

Force awakens had a good start, I think the retread of new hope was welcomed after the prequels didn’t work for most fans. Now they (the prequels ) have more support than when they were new films part of it is the generation who grew up with it and part of it is series like clone wars redeeming Lucas concepts with more back ground and better story telling.
By rise of skywalker it was too little to late all that could be done to save the trilogy was literally cram empire strikes back and return of the Jedi in to one film by using every element in those films .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Grosses for Kong vs. Godzilla so far:
DOMESTIC (17%)
$48,500,000
INTERNATIONAL (83%)
$236,900,000
WORLDWIDE
$285,400,000
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy Easter. Here is a pic of Craig from NTTD to celebrate.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Captain, that's the CR-"EGG" picture :!: :lol:-------------------Elsewhere Sunday, the SAG Awards hit an all-time low of just 957,000 viewers on TNT and TBS, falling by more than 50 percent from the 2.01 million who watched the (pre-pandemic) ceremony in 2020. It is time to CANCEL these moronic, self-indulgent, narcissistic award shows once and for all :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Why Godzilla vs Kong saved cinema: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/a ... -not-tenet

Bad news for makers of middlebrow, "character-based" franchise movies, naming no names.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Dreamt I hung out with BJ-he was in San Diego for some reason(!).

Dream!BJ was much younger than I expected!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hopefully it was a nice dream MP :!: Do you follow the Padres? I bet them this season to win the World Series but their best player Tatis jr. just went down for a while with a shoulder issue.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

It was a fun dream-we went to one of my favorite barbecue places and a few of my hangout spots.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Why Godzilla vs Kong saved cinema: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/a ... -not-tenet

Bad news for makers of middlebrow, "character-based" franchise movies, naming no names.

A lot of buzz trying to generate around Kong vs Godzilla, and some of it is real because at my work more that three different family’s have watched the movie independently of each other, nobody talked about seeing it just did on HBO max.
It was better than the previous monster films leading up to it and didn’t over think it.
But it’s a sign of life not a return to Business as usual. I think Hollywood sat on a lot of movies assuming they’d be big hits at the right time, maybe but I also think the hit universal had with family friendly movies show they were listing to the market offering decent movie while the rest of holly wood unloaded movies they didn’t care about.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 am It was a fun dream-we went to one of my favorite barbecue places and a few of my hangout spots.
Did we eat baby back ribs in bbq sauce?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The James Bond rumours surrounding Regé-Jean Page have intensified so much that betting has been suspended. According to Betway, members of the public are so convinced the actor will overtake Daniel Craig in the role that they are taking no more bets. Betway spokesperson Chad Yeomans said: “Following the announcement that Regé-Jean Page has left his role as Simon Basset, the mysterious young suitor in Bridgerton, all betting on the next James Bond market has been suspended.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Netflix is paying $469 million to release two sequels to the 2019 mystery film Knives Out, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film’s director, Rian Johnson, and his producing partner, Ram Bergman, will reportedly each net “upwards of $100 million.” Daniel Craig, who starred as eccentric detective Benoit Blanc in the film, will also make $100 million to appear in the sequels. :hair: -----the guy has NO talent and it is unbelievable that he would command this kind of money :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Netflix is paying $469 million to release two sequels to the 2019 mystery film Knives Out, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film’s director, Rian Johnson, and his producing partner, Ram Bergman, will reportedly each net “upwards of $100 million.” Daniel Craig, who starred as eccentric detective Benoit Blanc in the film, will also make $100 million to appear in the sequels. :hair: -----the guy has NO talent and it is unbelievable that he would command this kind of money :!:
Yes, but on the bright side, it makes it less likely that he will change his mind about leaving the Bond franchise. Though of course, if the rumours are true about Bond dying at the end of NTTD, that wouldn't be an option anyway (I don't believe those rumours personally, but I hesitate to rule them out altogether. After all, I'd look a bit silly if I said that they definitely aren't true and then it turns out that they are.)

dirtybenny
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:41 pm
bjmdds wrote:Netflix is paying $469 million to release two sequels to the 2019 mystery film Knives Out, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The film’s director, Rian Johnson, and his producing partner, Ram Bergman, will reportedly each net “upwards of $100 million.” Daniel Craig, who starred as eccentric detective Benoit Blanc in the film, will also make $100 million to appear in the sequels. :hair: -----the guy has NO talent and it is unbelievable that he would command this kind of money :!:
Yes, but on the bright side, it makes it less likely that he will change his mind about leaving the Bond franchise. Though of course, if the rumours are true about Bond dying at the end of NTTD, that wouldn't be an option anyway (I don't believe those rumours personally, but I hesitate to rule them out altogether. After all, I'd look a bit silly if I said that they definitely aren't true and then it turns out that they are.)

I agree with BJ, Johnson and Craig are getting way over paid for sequels to a mystery film for idiots who don't know what a mystery is. I'd say this thing was on par with Hallmark mystery movies, but that would be an insult to the Hallmark channel!

That said I'm with you Kris, the more Dan is convinced he can survive without Bond, the sooner we're rid of him! After all that's why he came back for NTTD.

I do believe Bond was intended to die at the end of NTTD, however the failed test screening that was rumored at the beginning of last year sidetracked that when low and behold people don't want to go to a Bond film to see Bond die!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A rousing defence of AVTAK in, of all places, The Guardian: https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2021/a ... ssion=true