The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Wind turbines froze so that was never considered when it was developed.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Wind turbines froze so that was never considered when it was developed.
I understand their power grid was never winterized at all. Any of it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:50 pm The former KATIED would love this to happen------Mads Mikkelsen quite fancied the idea of following Maud Adams's lead by playing two different roles in James Bond films.
Yes.Yes I would. :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This picture probably reveals a lot about the Kong vs. Godzilla flick, if one studies it VERY closely and knows all about the creatures in the monster universe from years past: Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

We’ve been checking the weather report for New York City every day so we can see what my niece is dealing with.

Meanwhile, family in Dallas and Oklahoma are miserable. Though my cousin in Dallas built a makeshift sled for his 6 year old twins and they loved it!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

carl stromberg wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 pm
acid wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:45 pm RIP Christopher Plummer. He'd have made an awesome Bond villain, don't you agree? I enjoyed his performances in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country and Dragnet.
He has a Bond type role in The Return of the Pink Panther too. RIP.
I occasionally watch the Pink Panther films but I'll definitely look out for that one, thanks.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just seen on Twitter:Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Speaking to Yahoo in response to his 1969 Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service being named the best Bond film ever by 007 alumni and experts in a recent poll, Lazenby said: "Seems Daniel’s done with Bond. You've had a Scot, a Welshman, and Irishman, a couple of Englishmen and me, an Australian. I guess anyone can play the guy from now on.

"And I figure long after we're all gone, there'll be more. But I reckon my Bond will still top lists."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New Justice League March 18th via Snyder:
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:09 pm Speaking to Yahoo in response to his 1969 Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service being named the best Bond film ever by 007 alumni and experts in a recent poll, Lazenby said: "Seems Daniel’s done with Bond. You've had a Scot, a Welshman, and Irishman, a couple of Englishmen and me, an Australian. I guess anyone can play the guy from now on.

"And I figure long after we're all gone, there'll be more. But I reckon my Bond will still top lists."
Well said George. Let's be honest though, it's about 80-90% the perfect story of OHMSS, the great action sequences and settings, Diana Rigg and Tracy's character, and the other 10-20% Lazenby's sincere acting.

It speaks volumes of how close OHMSS came to perfection that an unknown Australian hippie, that many would consider a slightly less Bondlike actor than Sir Sean or Sir Roger, including his fourth-wall-busting introduction, didn't really detract from the movie's quality and popularity, at least looking back at it from today.

With Connery, provided they kept the same script, I'm quite sure it would still top the lists and likely be even more iconic. The only bit I'm not totally sure on is how Connery would have carried the wedding and the grief at the ending compared to Lazenby. I mean, it's well within the reach of Sir Sean's talents I'm sure but maybe Lazenby couldn't be topped for that. It feels wrong to even be drawing a comparsion, really.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Unintentionally hilarious quote of the day from Screen Rant: "In spite of a few missteps with Quantum of Solace and Spectre, the Daniel Craig era of James Bond has been a resounding success." So, they're all brilliant apart from literally half of them (so far).

acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:35 pm Unintentionally hilarious quote of the day from Screen Rant: "In spite of a few missteps with Quantum of Solace and Spectre, the Daniel Craig era of James Bond has been a resounding success." So, they're all brilliant apart from literally half of them (so far).
:lol: I needed a laugh. That's made my day, thanks Kris. :martini:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

In concerns to OHMSS, I've never seen a film go from so criminally underrated to massively overrated in such a short span. OHMSS was bottom 1/3 at best on most lists up until a week ago, now it's number one? OHMSS deserves a top ten position for sure but best? I can't get there.

Where did this come from? If you look back FRWL was the top film for awhile especially when EON was pressing the "gritty," "stripped down" narrative of Craig's Bond. Now they're pushing these grand "emotional" epics and factor in hack writers Purvis and Wade have incessantly named OHMSS their favorite film and claim it as inspiration for every film they've "written" from TWINE to this latest debacle.

I'm not saying this is some sort of EON conspiracy or that they play any active role at all, but I feel there is a bleed over into the media and fandom.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Lazenby parody video 00-70.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think its rehabilitation began years ago. It's been lauded for at least as long as The Crag has been Bond.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:43 pm I think its rehabilitation began years ago. It's been lauded for at least as long as The Crag has been Bond.

I suppose you're right Kris, I'm being a bit hyperbolic, however this film's meteoric rise from "also ran" to "best ever" has been a bit surprising.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

The director of ohmss said back in the 90s, I think, that before every film eon would get all the team together and watch OHmSS and ask why can’t we do this again.
Which Babs has been trying to do for the the last few films blatantly copying parts of the film forgetting the she needs good story telling to fill in the rest

LTK and ohmss have had revivals and become the in crowd favorites, I’m sure some of it is changes in audience.

I’m surprised Brosnans films rank as highly as they do back when eon spent the money they trashed everyone one of them. Roger Moore was a gentleman who didn’t put others films down always boosted the bond brand by praising his successors but he was savaged by the some eon pr machine, the only one they didn’t dare rate down Connery. Every bond was supposed to be the best since Connery

I’m not a huge Moore fan but I get why people like them. Thinking back MGW around the time of GE said some fans were angry at them for going back to the Connery model of bond, I don’t think these fans have names, well they do it was Babs the only fan who matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:43 pm I think its rehabilitation began years ago. It's been lauded for at least as long as The Crag has been Bond.

I suppose you're right Kris, I'm being a bit hyperbolic, however this film's meteoric rise from "also ran" to "best ever" has been a bit surprising.
Lazenby had a stint where the people with either CR or Thunderball rights wanted to use him to launch a counter bond series so he was hated by eon as late as the 90s, maybe there is a correlation of what Babs is trying to push as best ever and what movies she’s copying at the moment for Craig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Timothy Dalton explained why he felt the need to humanize Bond: “If you want to believe in the fantasy on-screen, then you have to believe in the characters and use them as a stepping stone to lead you into this fantasy world. That’s a demand I made, and [producer] Albert Broccoli agreed with me.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tidbits of what might have been:Skyfall director Sam Mendes wanted Connery to play the groundskeeper at the estate where Bond grew up - a role that eventually went to Bourne stalwart Albert Finney - so, while the actor’s appearance may have been distracting to audiences, it wouldn’t have messed with continuity. In contrast, the Die Another Day cameo director Lee Tamhori wanted would have seen Connery reprise his role as 007. Die Another Day almost confirmed a popular fan theory that "James Bond" is a codename given to certain MI6 agents. Originally, the film was supposed to include a cameo from Sean Connery, with the actor reprising his iconic role and thus confirming the theory by appearing alongside Brosnan's Bond.