The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Talking of Superman, RIP Leslie Newman who, along with her husband David, co-wrote the first three Christopher Reeve movies.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apologies for linking to The Scum, but they are reporting that NTTD is having to undergo reshoots because all their product placement shots are out of date: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... ent-deals/

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

God that almost too funny.

What stated with saltzman making a side deal for shaving cream on camera turned into a ten of million dollar loss for a already troubled production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Adam White: 'Even fewer could have predicted that No Time to Die would be the new New Mutants – a megaflop laughed at by everyone and seen by no one. No Time to Die has been promoted for 15 months – does anyone care anymore?'
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:52 pm Adam White: 'Even fewer could have predicted that No Time to Die would be the new New Mutants – a megaflop laughed at by everyone and seen by no one. No Time to Die has been promoted for 15 months – does anyone care anymore?'
I'm not familiar with Adam White, but he's not wrong. I think the only chance it has of being a success is if it is lucky enough to be first out of the starting gate when lockdown fully ends. Then, there's a possibility that a stir crazy public flocks to the cinema to see whatever is out, just to have a night at the movies again. But that will be a matter of luck rather than any virtues the film may possess.

Edit: found the link https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 1611827906
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Something weird happened with HBO max retroactively adding their numbers in to be just enough to beat Disney and Netflix over Christmas.

Nielsen ratings of streaming is also weird, it’s trying to matter after it lost a lot of prestige but has to turn to the companies behind the streaming services for data instead of random sampling of the public. Their tv data is accurate because most of not all provides and dvd systems report the majority of views back to Nielsen ratings.

It also seems like Hollywood is trying to prop up streaming day of releases, for them as a business they only need a fraction to make money, BO looked good but was not all profit with streaming they can hid the money easier. Also there Netflix bring home blockbuster profit every month with 200 million subscribers. I think this woke up the studios to the potential. As much as we make of bond and movies to be successful and take headlines it’s small number of people actually paying to see the movies compared to the population.

Nttd I’m not sure even if it’s the first out of the gate it will break the trend right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Edgar Wright just reminded us on Twitter that An American Werewolf in London began shooting 40 years ago today. It was released 7 months later. Not sure why I posted that here

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Good grief..my niece picked the worst possible time to move to New York for 3 months. :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MP, it is no joke here now in NYC. We are buried in snow and next week the temperatures will NOT reach 30 any day with more snow expected. ---------------Patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) should be warned that some newer models of smartphones equipped with magnets, such as the iPhone 12, can disable their device, inhibiting its lifesaving functions, according to investigators who tested and confirmed this effect.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Being from Oklahoma,she’s used to snow...just not THAT much! We got hail here a week or so ago which alwost NEVER happens!
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Sorry if this was posted before. In early December B25 (an entity that's part of Eon) made a UK regulatory filing showing the cost of No Time to Die ws approaching $290 million.

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2020/1 ... -b25-says/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Solo is back after a long hiatus :!: How is everything? NTTD is doomed at this point. Cr-egg's tenure as Bond has been covid extended into perpetuity.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

RIP Christopher Plummer. He'd have made an awesome Bond villain, don't you agree? I enjoyed his performances in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country and Dragnet.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

How you feeling BJ? Any better?
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

No change Acid. 18 days and counting. Thanks for asking. Hopefully it goes away sooner rather than later.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MP, did you know this? Fantastic Beasts 3 hit a previous bump in the road when WB made the decision to dismiss Johnny Depp from the project after he lost his legal battle with UK paper The Sun. Mads Mikkelsen was re-cast as Dark Wizard Gellert Grindelwald. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:MP, did you know this? Fantastic Beasts 3 hit a previous bump in the road when WB made the decision to dismiss Johnny Depp from the project after he lost his legal battle with UK paper The Sun. Mads Mikkelsen was re-cast as Dark Wizard Gellert Grindelwald. Image
I knew about Depp, but referring to his recasting as a previous bump implies that there's a new one.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

In lieu of Season 4 of Hannibal, this is a good thing.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brands from Aston Martin, Omega, Maison Bollinger, Belvedere, Heineken, to Adidas have collectively paid $138 million for product placements in the upcoming instalment. According to No Film School, this effectively grants them the power to delay the film’s release until all parties are satisfied said product placements have been executed to an acceptable standard, as outlined within their respective contracts. Meaning No Time To Die might see far more reshoots than anyone wants to endure at this point.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Despite No Time to Die seemingly being caught in a perpetual pattern of new release dates and delays (some are wondering whether the movie even really exists at this point), star Ralph Fiennes cannot help but look beyond this latest adventure. With No Time to Die set to feature Daniel Craig's final outing as 007, it remains unknown what the studio with do with the franchise once the actor walks away, with Fiennes hopeful that he will be asked to stay on as M.

"If anyone from Eon Films is listening, I'm very keen to continue training the new Bond. I love playing M, and I love being part of that franchise. But who knows? Things have to change."