The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by James »

There are an awful lot of stories today that Tom Hardy has been cast as the next Bond. Betting on him has been suspended. I think it's all nonsense. Hardy is 43 and on the old side to be just starting out as Bond in the next film. I also highly doubt that EON has cast the next Bond before No Time To Die even comes out.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

James wrote:There are an awful lot of stories today that Tom Hardy has been cast as the next Bond. Betting on him has been suspended. I think it's all nonsense. Hardy is 43 and on the old side to be just starting out as Bond in the next film. I also highly doubt that EON has cast the next Bond before No Time To Die even comes out.
I don't believe them either. I considered posting something here, but figured it would be giving the stories more credibility than they deserved.

Really hope Hardy isn't the next Bond, he makes even Craig look suave by comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

In a recent update, MGM seemed to suggest a move to 2021 for No Time To Die is certainly possible. Speaking at the studio’s investor call, COO Christopher Brearton said last month: “We continue to monitor and adjust the timing of our remaining 2020 [film] slate.” That’s hardly a commitment to sticking to the November release date, but for now that’s what MGM are “currently” doing.-------------Bane 'ain't' Bond but Hardy might bring Nolan. If true, another decade of waste. The Vulcan Reporter claims they heard back in June that Hardy had basically been locked into the role after a successful audition. Reportedly, the 43-year-old was expected to be announced as the new Bond in November, but this now seems unlikely due to the on-going coronavirus pandemic. Nevertheless, the outlet anticipates that an announcement will come before the end of 2020. While they also admitted that 2021 seems likely, especially if No Time To Die is delayed again . DR Movie News tweeted: “They’re a very reliable source, so it seems as if it’s only a matter of time before this is officially announced.”

While DisInsider’s Skyler Shuler tweeted: “I’m no Bond scooper, but

@Vullein doesn’t run nonsense. If he’s hearing Hardy is the new Bond then that’s what’s up. A spokesman said: "A flurry of bets over the past 24 hours suggests the cat is out the bag and it's Tom Hardy that'll soon be replacing Daniel Craig as 007." New website name:WWW.BANEAINTBOND.com Image Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Once again proves the public cares more about a new bond over keeping Craig.
I don’t think hardy is bond material but he’d be much better than Craig. Problems are he’s shorter than Craig and normally has some weird facial hair thing going.

I think he is a better actor and possible could act like bond, not only do scowling homages to better movies.
Part of the problem with Craig is he hates Ian Fleming’s bond, he hates cubby Broccoli’s bond and the success it had as a cultural icon. Once upon a time Bond movies made it as topics talked about, Craig’s not so much. His movies lack moments that bring you back to moment you first saw the movie, first saw a real life gadget. I don’t think any of the recent movies have the wow factor the movies used to have, i think there always used to be some scene or moment in the movies that would stay with you. On paper Craig’s movie ought not be lacking but there is something special missing. Maybe because the movies are more second team director and man in the mask distant action scenes. The X-men and kingsman movies have moments that grab you and stunts that while outrageous at times also were good enough you weren’t taken out of the movie because it was so polished you knew it was hyper talented stunt drivers in million dollars cars.

BTW iPhone should have been in bond first, not Sony whatever the hell it was.

Craig was determined not to be the character James Bond 007, Babs and Craig used the image and history to launch their movies that often were an affront to the character. Craig’s done too many unBond like things to ever be the same character as Sean Connery’s, Connery who together with Terrence young and ian Fleming literally made the movie image of James Bond.

I am hopeful because if hardy is the choice it means a complete jettisoning of the Craig era, most likely a historical 007 if Nolan comes along. Craig’s era is a tangled knot of angst and plot holes, contradictions abound if only because there are such long breaks in filming.

If hardy is signed they will have to announce something in a timely manner, or pay for breaking the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I hope it is wrong. The last thing we need is a 5'9" actor who will require short leading ladies to cover up his petite size for Bond. #BANEAINTBOND
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And if Nolan directs, he'll probably have Bond hidden behind a mask the whole time, so that you can't understand what he's saying.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:And if Nolan directs, he'll probably have Bond hidden behind a mask the whole time, so that you can't understand what he's saying.

There was Comedy clip around the time of skyfall that had bond being reevaluated and falling apart one of the lines was something like “oh god don’t let me be Tom Hardy! Nobody will be able to understand what I’m saying!”
Probably butchered it but thought it was funny

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: There was Comedy clip around the time of skyfall that had bond being reevaluated and falling apart one of the lines was something like “oh god don’t let me be Tom Hardy! Nobody will be able to understand what I’m saying!”
Probably butchered it but thought it was funny
Unfortunately, that clip from The Trip to Italy cuts out before the bit I really wanted to post. Messrs Brydon and Coogan go on to improvise a bit where the 1st AD of the film has to ever so politely tell Hardy and Bale that no-one can hear a word they're saying. I tried to find that part on YouTube, but drew a blank.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Now I remembered Coogan's terrific Mick Jagger impersonation.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Michael Lonsdale: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54234139

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The 2020 Emmys, which aired on ABC, pulled in 6.1 million viewers and a 1.2 rating for the 18-49 age demographic, per time-adjusted Nielsen numbers. It's the second consecutive year the show has had "record-low" ratings: Fox's 2019 show ultimately drew 7 million viewers and a 1.7 rating for 18-49s. Jimmy Kimmel will go down as hosting the LOWEST on record Emmy awards EVER :!: His racist stereotyping of people years back has finally illuminated the masses and his carer should be over already. He is a low-life and has no talent and is a left-wing political hack who is a disgrace to humanity :!: Good riddance to this rubbish shortly and once again Hollywood is being shoved to the side by Americans as the left-wingers continue to alienate most decent and hard working people who have had enough of this :!: Atticus, your Emmy-Kimmel thoughts?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Could an anti-Covid19 drug have been discovered in my hometown? Probably best not to get too excited just yet, but fingers crossed, eh?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... ed-4537472

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cavill interview with GQ: “If Barbara [Bond producer Barbara Broccoli] and Mike [co-producer Michael G. Wilson] were interested in that, I would absolutely jump at the opportunity,” he says. “At this stage, it’s all up in the air. We’ll see what happens. But yes, I would love to play Bond, it would be very, very exciting.”
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Wow, somebody who actually wants to play Bond. Too bad EON will never let it happen, they'll throw millions at sour patch Craig, but won't even consider paying for an actual star.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new six-part podcast series will go behind the scenes of No Time To Die, the new James Bond film coming to cinemas in November, it has been announced. Hosted by broadcaster James King, No Time To Die: The Official James Bond Podcast has been made in association with the film’s producers and will feature new interviews with Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Jeffrey Wright, Naomie Harris, director Cary Joji Fukunaga, producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, as well as a host of key behind the scenes crew ‘from casting director to special effects supervisor.' Launching on Wednesday, 30 September, each episode will focus on a different aspect of the franchise from the music, gadgets and locations to the stunts, costumes and cars.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Great, more vacuous interviews from disinterested Hollywood types discussing how wonderful it was to work with so and so and how Mr./Ms X is such a cinema genius. :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:Great, more vacuous interviews from disinterested Hollywood types discussing how wonderful it was to work with so and so and how Mr./Ms X is such a cinema genius. :roll:
Time to dust off this old classic: https://entertainment.theonion.com/repo ... 1819569417

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:54 am Time to dust off this old classic: https://entertainment.theonion.com/repo ... 1819569417

Spot on Kris! Too good, just change the names of the quoted dialog to those participating in No Time To Put Out The Dumpster Fire and you'll have this podcast.

I wonder when this thing was created, was it meant to come out in March/April to promote the original film premiere or was it meant to be released now for what surely would have been the DVD release date?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Craggy: "I'll only play James Bond if I don't actually have to play James Bond."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 1601550898

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Funny that’s what he said since the start, he did walk it back in CR pr tour talking about bond becoming bond.

About the pod casts, I suspect it’ll be embarrassing to them. Probably have out dated remembrances that to audiences paying attention will be obvious . Like DAD Brosnans commentary was ripped yeas later by the Craig apologists. At the time Brosnan recorded it early 2003 he was on good terms with eon and Dad was still living off the hype. Three years later it was ripped to shreds in hope of supporting the new guy who was so gritty and realistic it hurt.