The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

I just attempted to watch the last 30 minutes of Deadpool 2. How was this film ever allowed to be released? I cannot believe people paid money to sit through this garbage :!: Ryan Reynolds rates as one of the all-time worst actors ever :!: The storyline is abysmal as well. Unreal that this film exists. :down: :down: :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I just attempted to watch the last 30 minutes of Deadpool 2.
It probably helps to watch the rest of the film first Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s Deadpool, never was the wholesome marvel family fun most of their other series were. First clue is it doesn’t have something like incredible or amazing in the title, this character was created long after Stan Lee’s run. (It also started out as a ripoff of DC Batman’s death stroke)

Last half hour has the killing spree, teenage negasonic’s forbidden love, and juggernaut and colossus facing off with background music of a choir singing obscenities. Depending on which version the end credits might have Deadpool going back in time to kill baby hitler.

One thing I’ve got to mention is the opening credits rip off the recent bond movies and does it better, in both versions; theatrical and super duper unrated cut.
Also the theme song by Celine Dion is far better than what eon has offered recently including Adele. The song actually has a lot of heart and meaning to the story.
IMHO Wade and Vanessa’s reunion set to the acoustic version of Take On Me was brilliant and oddly a tribute to the original music video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong are calling for a boycott of Mulan over comments made by its star on social media: https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/boycot ... explained/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong are calling for a boycott of Mulan over comments made by its star on social media: https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/boycot ... explained/

Fascinating. Actually we done and researched.

Hollywood and businesses are in bed with communist China, eon alters bond movies according to the Chinese’s government censors will. Disney and others do the same, Disney picking stars acceptable to the Chinese government.
To me it’s surprising these companies fold so easily, they get maybe 25% of the BO if China feels like giving it to the studios, so the huge numbers that China inflated the world wide bo reflects are never realized by the studios,

of course it’s true for most of the world most governments around the world keep a decent percentage in tax revenue and theater owners getting the rest, studios receiving 40-50% of the gross when all is said and done. But the studios don’t sell out their culture or liberties to get the bo from rest of the world like they do China.

These pro-democracy protesters are in the right, morally. To bonus is mulan is weak and able to be made an example of just from how bad the movie market is and Disney doing direct to home video for much of the world. These pro democracy groups can make decent propaganda to help their cause from this boycott. Which I usually don’t believe in, and only works in this case because China over played their hand and mulan is already weakened. Even if China give mulan a billion dollars as long as the rest of the world is low bo they can say the Chinese gov falsely inflated the bo (which they do all the time) . The Pro democracy protesters pretty much picked the movie that was going to fail anyway without anyone doing anything to make a boycott around.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:24 pm
Hollywood and businesses are in bed with communist China, eon alters bond movies according to the Chinese’s government censors will. Disney and others do the same, Disney picking stars acceptable to the Chinese government.
To me it’s surprising these companies fold so easily, they get maybe 25% of the BO if China feels like giving it to the studios, so the huge numbers that China inflated the world wide bo reflects are never realized by the studios,

of course it’s true for most of the world most governments around the world keep a decent percentage in tax revenue and theater owners getting the rest, studios receiving 40-50% of the gross when all is said and done. But the studios don’t sell out their culture or liberties to get the bo from rest of the world like they do China.
Well, it's not really comparable, but there is a long history of movies like Top Gun making changes to the script in order to secure the co-operation of the Pentagon. At the end of the day, Hollywood will whore themselves out to anyone who they think will help them bring in more $$$.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: Well, it's not really comparable, but there is a long history of movies like Top Gun making changes to the script in order to secure the co-operation of the Pentagon. At the end of the day, Hollywood will whore themselves out to anyone who they think will help them bring in more $$$.
True. But they also needed real footage of those planes doing those maneuvers and not stock footage from the Korean war. Still a good point.

Hollywood like to see them selves as progressive that change the social narrative. The truth I think is they are a group of entitled rich who make decision often holding back progress. Hollywood decided you can’t have a Blackman or woman star in action movies and make money or be popular, I think that was norm they decided on from outdated stereotypes generations old.

Still I see the openly capitulating to the Chinese communist as more sinister and dangerous than the pandering in the past.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

RIP Dame Diana Rigg. :britflag:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:RIP Dame Diana Rigg. :britflag:
Oh no!

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:25 pm
Oh no!

Took me quite by surprise really, just yesterday I watched her in Game of Thrones.
Apparently she had a heart surgery in 2017.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Her daughter, actress Rachael Stirling, said she died of cancer, after being diagnosed in March. "She spent her last months joyfully reflecting on her extraordinary life, full of love, laughter and a deep pride in her profession," she added.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Oh no!

d**n. RIP

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:24 pm RIP Dame Diana Rigg. :britflag:
RIP Diana. She was amazing in OHMSS.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Supervisor Jim Desmond---"San Diego has been backed into a corner. The State has given us impossible guidelines, which will keep businesses closed or limited for many more months! Tomorrow, I will be asking for businesses to open up in San Diego County and NOT to enforce the state rules."---where is MP? Get her in here. This is your town. Have you had enough of your Governor?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

POST A REPLY---You cannot use certain BBCodes:-----media-----why can't I place a video into this? Every time I try this stops me. Fix this thing already. :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dunno if this is getting any coverage across the pond, but apparently, today is the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower setting sail.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Dunno if this is getting any coverage across the pond, but apparently, today is the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower setting sail.

Wow, I know they story but it hits home this is bad time to try to circumnavigate the globe, especially going to new frontier in the winter where nothing is ready to receive people.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

^All that for a turkey dinner(and it probably wasn’t even turkey-more likely lobsters which were local..lobsters for Thanksgiving?I’d be down with that.)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's reported that Henry Cavill has signed a new deal for Superman that includes three films and possible future appearances in DC films.