RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Odd Bond dreams

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Weird bond dream, NTTD opens up but is struggling EON put some promotion in place where kids in the pg13 rating can buy a ticket and get credit towards the arcade. No clue if arcades are a big deal at movie theaters like when me and my brothers were growing up.

Just a nonsense dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting, I remember arcade games in multiplexes in the fairly recent past, but I'm not sure if they're still a thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
We took my nieces and nephews to the movies in a bigger town they had an arcade but it didn’t have half the stuff there was in the late 1990s . And the games were old. When we were kids arcades were a huge deal with packs of teenagers roaming around.

............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I had a strange Craig dream. In it I was attending the NTTD premiere in a big brightly lit auditorium. Daniel Craig was sitting next to me and had long blue hair. He then got on stage and introduced the film.

What does that one mean!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:I had a strange Craig dream. In it I was attending the NTTD premiere in a big brightly lit auditorium. Daniel Craig was sitting next to me and had long blue hair. He then got on stage and introduced the film.

What does that one mean!
It means you vant to kill your fazzer unt schleep viss your muzzer.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:I had a strange Craig dream. In it I was attending the NTTD premiere in a big brightly lit auditorium. Daniel Craig was sitting next to me and had long blue hair. He then got on stage and introduced the film.

What does that one mean!
It means you vant to kill your fazzer unt schleep viss your muzzer.

Sooo, mother...M...Judi Dench? ;)

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I dreamed about this forum last night. The new Bond had been announced, and it was someone we approved of wholeheartedly. We were debating whether this forum had a future now that our "unique selling point" had gone.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:25 am I dreamed about this forum last night. The new Bond had been announced, and it was someone we approved of wholeheartedly. We were debating whether this forum had a future now that our "unique selling point" had gone.
I think it was very forward-thinking grabbing the classicbond.com domain name for the forum rather than having everything under DCINB. After all, one of the larger issues for our community are a perceived loss of focus in the scripts and characters on what originally made them so exciting and interesting in Fleming's books and the earlier movies. If we're lucky enough to see a proper return to that then, great, there'll be all the more for us to talk about here, rather than the same old gripes year after year.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I wholeheartedly agree Acid, I hope we can re-brand the DCINB website to Classic Bond as well, I'd say we don't even need to wait until Danny kicks rocks outta here.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

You mean there is a worldwide movement to rebrand the greatest Bond forum on this planet? Oh baby :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:You mean there is a worldwide movement to rebrand the greatest Bond forum on this planet? Oh baby :!:
Well, with Craig on his way out, we'll presumably have to change the name at some point.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

After her next wrong pick, it will be BROCCOLIHASNOCLUEWHATTODOWITHBOND.com.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:After her next wrong pick, it will be BROCCOLIHASNOCLUEWHATTODOWITHBOND.com.
Yes, but in my dream, she picked someone good, like Aidan Turner. I don't think he was specifically named in my dream, but since he's my first choice, it makes sense for it to be him.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Hobbit not Bond.com?
Honestly I thought Craig would have moved on long ago. Sadly his career stall about the same time Ms. Broccoli decided to put Bond movies on the back burner. Once or twice a decade they will make a movie. :roll:
The pace Sean and Roger made movies is astounding, says something about the work ethic of that generation of filmmakers.

I was surprised we could get the Classic Bond name, the hope is to keep the site going for the foreseeable future long after Craig is gone. Hopefully somebody gets control or EON/DANJAQ who cares about making James Bond movies again. :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Goldeneye wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:41 pm ...the hope is to keep the site going for the foreseeable future long after Craig is gone. Hopefully somebody gets control or EON/DANJAQ who cares about making James Bond movies again. :007:
I hope so as well, not only do I enjoy conversing with the group here, but I'd also like to have some positive Bond news to write about for once!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Why do I keep having the weirdest Bond dreams of all? This wasn't a Bond dream per se, but it contained some strange references to Bond vehicles.

In the dream some wealthy old man, that I don't know in my waking life, was preparing to have a party in their mansion and for some reason I'd been persuaded to help out with the preparations. This guy was very nostalgic for a particular brand of toy cars he had owned in his childhood and told me to go and buy a load of them to show off as a talking point for his guests (he sure knows how to party, huh? Apparently no-one told him, or my subconscious, there's a pandemic on as well).

I found the shop that specialized in these model cars and all the very old ones the guy would have liked were withdrawn from sale for some reason, so I started to look at the various new ones hanging up and was pleased to notice quite a number of James Bond themed cars. There were even three or more models just devoted to Connery's DB5. Each box had a closeup photo of a different gadget inside the car and the photos were very high quality so couldn't have come from the original movie footage, I suppose. The gadgets looked different to the actual ones in Goldfinger although I think there was an ejector seat.

Anyway, the really weird and I think funny bit of this dream is next to those DB5 models was a different toy with a photo of a vehicle speeding along a tree-lined road but the vehicle was absurdly disguised as a giant full-color statue of a man! :lol: It was scaled up to be about ten feet tall in the photo. Very puzzled and somewhat amused, I asked the shopkeeper about it, who enthusiastically insisted it featured in The Man With The Golden Gun and asked didn't I remember it, which of course I didn't.

As odd as it is, maybe it wouldn't be entirely out of place in that film, what with Bond disguising himself as a waxwork, Nick Nack disguising himself as a statue, and a car sprouting wings and flying. Then elsewhere in the Moore era there's the crocodile submarine, gorilla suit and of course the infamous Bondola. Even those make more sense than this though, it has to be said!

One thing that could be salvaged from this idea is Bond having to steal a parade float vehicle from a carnival and some sort of chase involving that, doubtless with the parade adornments getting smashed off. I don't think that's ever been done before.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dreamt I was driving through the streets of Bristol in a sort of cross between the Delorean from Back to the Future and Bond's Lotus Esprit with an unidentified companion, possibly Bond. He was trying to escape from someone, and decided that we were going to travel to Dublin underwater, so he looked for a suitable place to drive into the harbour. I wondered if we would have enough petrol, but he reminded me that it was nuclear powered, like the Delorean. Incidentally, I looked it up in an online calculator, and the journey would take nearly a day non-stop. Fortunately, the underwater car had an autopilot that could plot the correct course. I imagine it would still be quite claustrophobic, though, and of course, no rest stops!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Had a dream that I was watching a new Bond film with Pierce, who was probably about the age he would have been when CR or QOS was released. EON had decided to shake up the formula by making it into an ensemble piece, with Commander Bond actually commanding a small team of young rookie agents. At one point, Bond orders one of them to throw a grenade into a restaurant, killing a bunch of innocent people, and he refuses, saying something like "under article x.x of the Geneva Convention, I cannot obey this order." Bond replies "Good" - it was a test designed to see what sort of people he was leading. Craig's Bond would probably have replied "But @%$&£ war crimes are so #$@$# gritty and realistic, man!"

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Interesting dreams, Kris. You know, with the obvious exception of Dirty Benny's rants, this thread is possibly my favorite part of this site. It's an interesting source of new ideas. It would be nice just once in a while if we could have a much longer Bond dream though I usually find the subject matter of a dream will tend to change if it goes on a long while.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I dreamt last night that Rege-Jean Page was actually announced as the next Bond, and the reactions here were, well, exactly what you'd expect. I've already made my views on this clear, I think, so no real need to say any more.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I had a dream last night that Babs had called a meeting in her London office with members of this forum to discuss our concerns: BJ (who had flown in from New York), myself and a couple of others. When it came to my turn to speak, I was very polite and respectful, not wanting to give her an excuse to dismiss us as a bunch of angry cranks and call security on us. I said that I understood her desire to subvert the Bond formula, but that formula filmmaking can be a source of comfort in unsettled times like these. But despite my best efforts to be a good ambassador for DCINB, she took umbrage at something I said and brought the meeting to a premature close.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

I dreamt I was back at school and had to write two or three essays, apparently under test or exam conditions, analyzing a Craig Bond film. I felt like it was the most recent one but it wasn't called NTTD. It was a long name and, unlike QOS, it had two Qs in the name. I only remember this bit because I was struggling to form the abbreviation. Apparently EON had an official way to abbreviate it (as written on the DVD) that kept the Us next to the Qs. It was something like QUORQUON. It suggests it was another movie about the Quantum organization.

The first essay seemed to be just a critique of the movie, so I was taking the opportunity to write how awful I thought it was. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I can't remember many specifics. I know I was comparing it to the other Bond films. I referenced a chase scene from one of Roger's films that my subconscious has invented. The scene gets called a two word name, Fast something, like Fast Flee. In the scene Bond was running on foot from an enemy over various outdoor terrains. At one point he ran over a golf course and he ended up at a swamp. He was able to surprise his pursuer by rising suddenly out of the swamp with an evil laugh, reminiscent of the reanimated corpse impression in Octopussy.

The last essay, bizarrely, had to be about Craig's Bond's use of computers and broadband in his movie and relating it to real world broadband products.

In the same dream I also saw some kind of foreign B movie that had apparently stolen clips from classic EON Bond movies and interspersed them with scenes with their own unknown actors. At one point there seemed to be about four of them in Bond's Lotus Esprit, in the sea. My memory of this is hazy but I guess it somehow grew some back seats! These characters seemed like inexperienced, ordinary people, so I'm not sure what they were doing there, unless it was just badly portrayed.

I previously had another dream involving Bond but felt it was too unremarkable to mention here on its own. He was in a vacation property and was found out by the villains (who were all seated around a dining table) after he seduced a woman in the building. The dream also very briefly gave me a first person perspective of what must have been Bond but sadly nothing exciting happened.