The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm Obviously something changed in how eon chides theme songs, we know Craig has huge input probably the deciding factor. He’s publicity monger and wants to be in the right circles so he’d pick the most likely to get him woke points .
I think he just has terrible taste in music. He seems to like this sort of beige mood music.
Ah, poor moody Bas***d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

15 years as Bond by the time the film opens, unless they push it back again into 2021 with Covid-19 fears. They should be writing the next script already to save time and have the next Bond selected as well.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:15 years as Bond by the time the film opens, unless they push it back again into 2021 with Covid-19 fears. They should be writing the next script already to save time and have the next Bond selected as well.
This is a god send for Babs in that she didn’t have to make a decision. For mgm this a problem as they need a buyer, unless they can fob off nttd direct streaming and a fresh pallet to work with for a new bond at the price tag of a few billion

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

https://the-journal.com/articles/177028 ... wn-durango
This surprised me. It’s a small lefty leaning town because of the college, typical college town type atmosphere. Obviously protesting comes naturally but I thought they’d be more supportive of their democrat law makers.

big thing I don’t like is sharing names and data with law enforcement, I think the hospitals shouldn’t be required to report citizens who come in for treatment or are tested for covid. We don’t do this for other viruses or diseases. The civil liberty libertarian in me hates it.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I can not believe that Jack White/Alicia Keys crap was chosen over Shirley Bassey song. Then again, maybe they didn't want comments about a theme song being by far the best part of the movie.
Starting with Skyfall their schtick is to hire the most acclaimed/en Vogue musician there is out there.
I mean, who was more acclaimed than Adele back in 2012?
With Sam Smith they wanted a male Adele and even though the critics were mixed the song still won an Oscar just like Adele's theme did.
And now Billie Eilish who had a metheoric rise in the last year and a half.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:24 pm I can not believe that Jack White/Alicia Keys crap was chosen over Shirley Bassey song. Then again, maybe they didn't want comments about a theme song being by far the best part of the movie.
Starting with Skyfall their schtick is to hire the most acclaimed/en Vogue musician there is out there.
With Sam Smith they wanted a male Adele and even though the critics were mixed the song still won an Oscar just like Adele's theme did.
I've no objection in principle to them hiring popular artists, I just wish they would hire someone with a bit of "oomph", instead of the rather subdued songs we've had for the last couple of films. Adele's song at least had something of the classic Bond sound to it, but I prefer the more uptempo themes. You Know My Name is my favourite of the Craig era, and it's probably not a coincidence that it was also the only one that David Arnold was involved with.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

My blood test results show I have the antibodies to covid-19. My sense of taste and smell are still not right after 12 weeks. Hopefully they return to normal soon. We are waiting for this idiot Governor Cuomo and the equally moronic NYC Mayor Deblasio to re-open this state already and stop begging the federal government for money they do not deserve!
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Going back to the Bond theme for a minute..I can’t remember where I read this but I seem to recall DC likes Death Metal. Surprised he hasn’t pushed for a death metal Bond theme....yeahno. :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:My blood test results show I have the antibodies to covid-19. My sense of taste and smell are still not right after 12 weeks. Hopefully they return to normal soon. We are waiting for this idiot Governor Cuomo and the equally moronic NYC Mayor Deblasio to re-open this state already and stop begging the federal government for money they do not deserve!
Sorry BJ. hopefully you will fully recover

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Going back to the Bond theme for a minute..I can’t remember where I read this but I seem to recall DC likes Death Metal. Surprised he hasn’t pushed for a death metal Bond theme....yeahno. :hair:
If there was a emo death metal theme I’m sure he would insist on it.

I don’t remember his tastes in music but he’s the kind of guy who points out a tattoo then refuses to tell what it’s about because it’s “deeply personal”

Long time ago there were some fan boys who thought Craig would preform the theme.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Going back to the Bond theme for a minute..I can’t remember where I read this but I seem to recall DC likes Death Metal. Surprised he hasn’t pushed for a death metal Bond theme....yeahno. :hair:
That sounds like the sort of thing someone would say to make themselves sound cool and edgy. The fact that the films on which he has a producer credit have the most beige themes imaginable tells a different story.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:52 pm
Veronica wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:24 pm I can not believe that Jack White/Alicia Keys crap was chosen over Shirley Bassey song. Then again, maybe they didn't want comments about a theme song being by far the best part of the movie.
I've no objection in principle to them hiring popular artists, I just wish they would hire someone with a bit of "oomph", instead of the rather subdued songs we've had for the last couple of films. Adele's song at least had something of the classic Bond sound to it, but I prefer the more uptempo themes. You Know My Name is my favourite of the Craig era, and it's probably not a coincidence that it was also the only one that David Arnold was involved with.
I have nothing against hiring popular artists either, after all if I were doing their PR I would want to get someone high-profile as well. It makes sense in the end.
Adele is the one that probably blended her own style with Bond style the best even though I feel the latest theme has a more engaging instrumental. Eilish did the same thing and I feel it's somehow disjointed because of it and that Sam Smith song even more so.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ROME (REUTERS) - THE new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday. :clap: :cheers: :up:

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

That IS good news! Italy, my Rome away from home!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Are we going to do an unofficial novelization of NTTD?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

No Time to Die picks up five years after the capture of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, with James Bond having now left active service. He is approached by Felix Leiter, his friend, and a CIA officer, who enlists his help in the search for Valdo Obruchev, a missing scientist. When it becomes apparent that Obruchev was abducted, Bond must confront a danger the likes of which the world has never seen before. Near the ending of the film is a child Mathilde, who is played by child actress Lisa-Dorah Sonnet. “Nomi pilots Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with island in the background". “Madeleine is going to tell Mathilde a story, they drive into a tunnel.” Rumours for No Time To Die’s plot include genetic warfare and possible cloning. Mathilde could well be a child clone of Madeleine created by Safin. It’s also possible that Mathilde is the daughter of Bond and Madeleine. As for 007’s absence in these later scenes, well who knows what happens to him.----------once you bring children into these films, it's over before it starts, as Superman Returns and Indy 4 demonstrated.
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-Die.html

Bimbo Bond girls may have been consigned to history after charges of sexism, but the new 007 blockbuster will feature Bond’s girl. The Mail on Sunday can confirm rumours that the notorious womaniser spy is father to a five-year-old daughter in the forthcoming film No Time To Die. Bond, played by Daniel Craig, is a doting dad to Mathilde, his daughter with love interest Dr Madeleine Swann, played by French actress Lea Seydoux. The rumours emerged last week when call sheets – the daily schedules that tell actors where they are needed for filming – for the £150 million film, the 25th in the ‘official’ Bond series, went up for sale on online auction site eBay. The schedule describes a scene shot in southern Italy last September, which featured Dr Swann alongside Lashana Lynch’s Nomi – who this newspaper previously revealed will be the first black female 00 agent – and a child called Mathilde, played by five-year-old Lisa-Dorah Sonne. ‘Scene #235’, as the schedule calls it, details where ‘Nomi pilots Madeleine and Mathilde to safety with the island in the background’. Paparazzi photographs taken during filming show a young girl wearing blue dungarees with the actors and crew on the set, but it is not known if she is Mathilde.

A film insider last night said: ‘Yes, it’s true. Bond is a dad. Daniel wanted to make this Bond film the most surprising and entertaining yet. 'Daniel is older and his Bond is maturing and looking at life through the prism of fatherhood. But there’s a lot more to it than that.’ Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was brought in to rewrite the script after original director Danny Boyle was replaced by Cary Joji Fukunaga. The film is now packed with ‘woke’ references and the insider said making Bond a dad had ‘opened up a whole avenue of powerful moments – and jokes’, adding: ‘It’s the one thing fans would never expect. 'Bond has always managed to charm his way into the hearts and beds of hundreds of beautiful women, seemingly without any consequences. 'Making him a father opens up a whole new world in terms of drama and story development.’

In the new film, which was due to open in April but was pushed back to November because of the coronavirus pandemic, Bond is shown enjoying retirement in Jamaica, having hung up his Walther PPK pistol in favour of a quiet life. No Time To Die is set five years after the last Bond film, Spectre, which saw the secret agent fall in love with Dr Swann, a French psychologist. Spectre ends with Bond driving off with her into the sunset in his old Aston Martin DB5. The insider said: ‘Without giving too much away, the new film is filled with twists. 'Bond appears to be happy in his new domestic life but then, of course, he gets dragged back in to save the world.’ No Time To Die opens with new Bond villain, Safin, played by Oscar-winner Rami Malek, chasing a girl across an ice-covered lake in Norway. The scene is a ‘flashback’ of a young Madeleine Swann fleeing for her life. ‘Daniel wants to tie up lots of loose ends in his final film. 'Everything is interwoven,’ the insider said. ‘Bond finding out he is a father is integral to the plot.’ Pictures have emerged of an Italian child, Allegra Shettini, who ‘stood in’ for Lisa-Dorah Sonne during a sequence. She told a TV interviewer: ‘I just had to sit on a rock and play with a stick.’ The new movie involves Bond saving the world from a biological pandemic. ‘It’s not quite Covid-19, but it’s similar’, said the insider. ‘It’s very timely.’

:picard:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Groan. The Mail has a slightly spotty record when it comes to Bond exclusives, but they get it right often enough that I'm inclined to believe this one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Replies to article above:
zar, Dallas, United States, 20 hours ago

Nope that's not bond film to most people

wowshopnow, Wauwatosa, United States, 20 hours ago

O M G what are they doing to this franchise!!!!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

In Bond 26 how about Bond's daughter as the main character with Craig playing Bond's ghost who helps out?