The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Corruption in Big O territory as well it seems: Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Corruption in Big O territory as well it seems: Colorado has made a stunning and significant change to the way it counts COVID-19 deaths that reduced the statewide figure from more than 1,000 to 878, according to a report.

The change came after Colorado’s Department of Public Health admitted that its COVID-19 death toll was counting those who tested positive for the coronavirus but had died of other causes, Fox 31 Denver reported late Friday.

The department now says 1,150 Coloradoans who died had COVID-19 but only 878 of those deaths were “due to” COVID-19.
Everybody is doing that, easier than doing their jobs. Some political motivations I’m sure.

Colorado outside of big population centers like Denver is ranches, farmers, Indian reservations and park land, not a lot of opportunity for a virus like covid to spread. The fact the death count is so small is surprising to me.
The Indian reservations could be a hot spot just because they tend to have a larger population gathered around a few places with power and utilities. Doesn’t sound like much but it’s not easy to go across mountains or deserts to get utilities. Actually most small towns here started because of the same reason, it’s a place where running water and power grids could be established. Sad part is the Indian reservations are made of land plots the white man didn’t want, so it’s very hard to develop.

I was surprised Gallup NM had a lockdown. Other places closer to us declined to do it.

Thing is yes they can do road blocks but there are a s**t ton of dirt roads and small side roads , I guarantee the people around here are armed , in 4x4s and could easily over run whatever law enforcement there is. A lot of the reason things run so well and things are quiet out here is people’s good will and willingness to trust the law enforcement, but if it’s ever taken too far.,,
Law enforcement doesn’t even want to take things like this too far either they get how hard it can be for people out here. they know when trouble happens a lot of people are on their own for almost and hour before the first signs help can arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

A local story I’m sure will hit the national news soon

https://the-journal.com/articles/176412 ... ders-legal

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

RIP Eddie Haskell , Ken Osmond .

Famous for playing a scoff law was actually a decorated cop who had been shot in the line of duty

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image How much is this film about this woman? Most pictures shown usually include her in them. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

George Lazenby
@lazenbyofficial
Yeah, have met Sean a few times over the years. I like him. Said I did a good job taking over as Bond
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

One of the biggest problems with the Craig era is they use homages sometime in the form of classic bond cars to try to imply that this is the same as the really good bond moment you remember. I don’t that this ploy worked beyond the first movie,
Timothy Dalton had his own moments with the kind of car you could imagine bond owning or driving he didn’t need to borrow one from the Smithsonian. GE had the one homage moment with the DB5 then moved on to the new product placement. The next movie became about what’s next , Connery Moore and lazenby all had their iconic moments in the cars of the day I don’t think the Craig movies leaves that impression, then they also pretty much go to whatever new super car is available from Aston Martin.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Some good non-Bond/‘Rona related news:My nephew was on the Dean’s list this year-what a way to end his college years!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Corona degrees MP--------------------Dr. Fauci now Flips On Lockdown: Staying Home Too Long Could Cause ‘Irreparable Damage’ :!: :hair: ---no kidding you moron :!: This guy Fauci is a clown. I do NOT believe 75% of what he says about this entity, that nobody ever saw before, and nobody has no clue as how it will progress. You show caution, as we did, then realize the models were all wrong :!: This talk of a rebound of the virus is criminal since it's existence is unknown going forward. Any Governor that keeps their states locked down NOW is being 100% political begging for government bailouts for their failed policies :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Some good non-Bond/‘Rona related news:My nephew was on the Dean’s list this year-what a way to end his college years!
Yay Katie's nephew!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Some good non-Bond/‘Rona related news:My nephew was on the Dean’s list this year-what a way to end his college years!
Wow! Great news! Hope he’s not to nervous about what comes next

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I can't link to it, but I just saw an ad on Instagram for Ellie Goulding's new video that makes it look like she was a bit miffed at not getting the Bond gig. The music didn't sound very Bondian (though neither did Mad Donna's DAD theme), but the video had distinct Maurice Binder vibes.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I can't link to it, but I just saw an ad on Instagram for Ellie Goulding's new video that makes it look like she was a bit miffed at not getting the Bond gig. The music didn't sound very Bondian (though neither did Mad Donna's DAD theme), but the video had distinct Maurice Binder vibes.

In recent years we get runner up to the bond music game that have better sounds and visuals than the official bond theme.
I’m pretty sure QOS had a Shirley Bassey theme that was rejected. I think spectre had one but I forget who the artist was (radio head??) , but Sam smith was awful.
Nobody can dare speak against Adele, she is too precious to be criticized. Even though she spent all of 15 minutes writing a theme weird Al lampooned decades earlier with spy hard.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yes, Radiohead did a theme which is widely regarded as better than the Sam Smith one, though that's not exactly setting the bar very high. I'm not that fond of it myself. The Shirley Bassey song was way superior to the Jack White/Alicia Keys thing, though, and if you listen to David Arnold's score for QOS, you can hear that he uses a motif from the song repeatedly.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Wasn’t goldfrapp a fan favorite at one time?

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Radiohead have been known to do Nobody Does It Better in concert. Never got to hear it but it’s probably online someplace.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:48 pm Radiohead have been known to do Nobody Does It Better in concert. Never got to hear it but it’s probably online someplace.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:13 pm Yes, Radiohead did a theme which is widely regarded as better than the Sam Smith one, though that's not exactly setting the bar very high. I'm not that fond of it myself. The Shirley Bassey song was way superior to the Jack White/Alicia Keys thing, though, and if you listen to David Arnold's score for QOS, you can hear that he uses a motif from the song repeatedly.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Obviously something changed in how eon chides theme songs, we know Craig has huge input probably the deciding factor. He’s publicity monger and wants to be in the right circles so he’d pick the most likely to get him woke points .

Also could be the music industry changed it went from a physical format to mostly digital in a short time despite the industry dragging its feet and taking average people to court over mp3s. Studios and artist can release a single on YouTube or apple play to get some publicity back (the whole process cost them money to make a song as Demo for eon)

I was going to suggest David Arnold not being involved has hurt the process but TND Sheryl Crow win over KD Lang ? Who had a better sound.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm Obviously something changed in how eon chides theme songs, we know Craig has huge input probably the deciding factor. He’s publicity monger and wants to be in the right circles so he’d pick the most likely to get him woke points .
I think he just has terrible taste in music. He seems to like this sort of beige mood music.