The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

I've always been utterly upset with Craig's portrayal of Bond as he's gone against everything the Bond I idolize stood for, and as if that wasn't enough, he keeps forcing his progressive politics into his films, even comments against Bond claiming the character is a misogynist (what a way to promote your film, Danny boy!) and all that jazz, and now... worst of all... gone woke. I'm more than sure something similar would've happened if Jason Isaacs was cast as Bond, as well. What can you do? These are the people Barbara Broccoli would rather work with. A woman who herself hates Bond and everything the character stands for (or rather what a man should be), and keeps deconstructing the character in the vein of what Kathleen Kennedy keeps doing. Look no further than The Last Jedi. Boy, am I glad I'm not a Star Wars fan! I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of its real fans.

When GoldenEye came out, everyone said Bond will be going full on politically correct, but that film - especially the scene with M - poked fun at the subject. It never changed Bond's behavior. M may have criticized his behavior, but by the next film, she was the one to insist Bond to "pump [Paris Carver] for information." I miss those days! It perfectly balanced Bond's characterization with the modern times without submitting radical changes that would alienate the fans of the cinematic franchise from it. However, since Royale with Cheese, things have become different...
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:The whole Purge franchise is something that has mostly flown under my radar until now, I must admit. I was aware that they existed, but that's about it. Presumably, they must have a following, otherwise people wouldn't keep making them.
I guess they kept making them because the topic was controversial and gathered hype.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

haven’t read it yet, but I’ve seen plenty of movie the left and right we’re sure had sinister political undertone or secrecy messages, that were what they read into it. Dark knight the the right was supposedly the movie makers praising bush, left saw the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
haven’t read it yet, but I’ve seen plenty of movie the left and right we’re sure had sinister political undertone or secrecy messages, that were what they read into it. Dark knight the the right was supposedly the movie makers praising bush, left saw the opposite.

Well, if the hunted really are called "deplorables", that's pretty on the nose. Not so sure about the "one of the characters looks like Ivanka Trump" bit, because that sends out a confusing message - Ivanka Trump is hunting Trump supporters?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

It was just a couple of days ago an interview resurfaced of one of the producers for The Hunt who said he'd love to "take out" Trump and his administration.

From the article:
As Bleeding Cool noted, in 2017, when he was doing press for his film Happy Death Day, Blum was asked what he would do if he could keep reliving the same day without any consequences. Blum replied, “I would take out the current administration.” And he did not look like he was joking.
Here's the whole thing:
https://godfatherpolitics.com/hollywood ... out-trump/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The left-wingers are anarchists here, plain and simple Drakester :!: They will destroy themselves sooner rather than later at this rate. There are Senators now threatening the Supreme Court to vote the way the left-wingers want or else they want to restructure the court if they regain the White House and the Senate, whatever that means :!: The Attorney General should start arresting these mindless morons on the grounds of sedition already because all they do is foment hate and incite riots, which is their goal. Madonna and Depp belong behind bars. By the way, don't think this stock market manipulation is not another attempt by the left-wingers in the government to invert bond rates to create chaos in the markets. Remember one thing, "where there is a will----there is a relative" :!: Things are not happening by chance now. It is a plot to affect 2020's election result :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"The whole thing has potential to birth new iconic characters all the time," Waller-Bridge said in response to those rumors.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"The whole thing has potential to birth new iconic characters all the time," Waller-Bridge said in response to those rumors.
I take it you're referring to this interview: https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/ ... ge-script/

Seems very much a non-answer, like she's trying not to give too much away.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I read that Theresa May was the first British Prime Minster (since 1962 of course) who did not have a Bond movie made during their time in office.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I read that Theresa May was the first British Prime Minster (since 1962 of course) who did not have a Bond movie made during their time in office.
I saw that too. I meant to post it here, but somehow, I forgot.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

They actually haven't made a Bond film since 2002. ;)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I read that Theresa May was the first British Prime Minster (since 1962 of course) who did not have a Bond movie made during their time in office.
not really her fault when it’s a 5 to 6 year hiatus. Probably wrong but I think babs snails pace is going to hurt the franchise this time around. Just because the streaming series and other episodic series including movies like marvel have gotten audience used to stories progressing and feeling some sort of accomplishment with the series. That means the stories have to move forward but babs even before CR was treading water recycling story elements never moving bond forward. That worked to a degree when it was standalone stories with bond executing missions as they come not on a dreary personal journey of discovery.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Uhhh...thanks?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Uhhh...thanks?
I am sorry, but the description below the photo just fascinated me.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Only 352 current likes on that instagram page? Out of a planet of 7.7 billion? Wow :!: Is Cr-egg ever popular :!: -------NOT :!: :down:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Not sure whether BJ will be delighted or appalled by this: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-ann ... es-2539305

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Not sure whether BJ will be delighted or appalled by this: https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-ann ... es-2539305

Ridiculous :!: As I said, Hollywood is devoid of quality material. This is original, but nonsense. Hanks must be hard up for an acting role these days too. :down: Priscilla has always milked her status as his wife and she has very little talent.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Weird idea. I’m not sure how it’ll be received. Also I don’t think the world is as Elvis aware as it was 30 years ago. I’m not sure it’ll find a audience, or the true Elvis fans will like the fantasy part of it.

Far as Priscilla goes Elvis‘s legacy has been so abused by people like the “Colonel” ( actually an illegal immigrant who murder a woman in his home town then fled), it cost so much to keep up Graceland, so many hangers on milked that estate Elvis‘s daughter didn’t get the legacy she should have. Priscilla has used the Presley name for her own career but I’m not sure she’s the bad guy here.