The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Now here's an interesting test of reading comprehension: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... 207320.amp

The way the story is written makes it sound as if Lashanna Lynch is going to take over permanently from Daniel Craig as 007. But if you read the story carefully, you will realise that her character has been assigned the 007 number at the beginning of the film, while Bond is retired in Jamaica.

My prediction: Lynch doesn't make it to the end of the film, which ends with M saying something like "Welcome back, 007" to Bond.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Now here's an interesting test of reading comprehension: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... 207320.amp

The way the story is written makes it sound as if Lashanna Lynch is going to take over permanently from Daniel Craig as 007. But if you read the story carefully, you will realise that her character has been assigned the 007 number at the beginning of the film, while Bond is retired in Jamaica.

My prediction: Lynch doesn't make it to the end of the film, which ends with M saying something like "Welcome back, 007" to Bond.

welcome back 007
Maybe, my guess is if she is 007 just in the Pre title or until the end the Craig fan boys are going to have a fit even if Craig is reinstated. I don’t think most 007 fans can separate the two .

Even though babs feels the need to try to cast a black woman as essentially 007 they tried with jinx, wanted her own series, tried with Naomie Harris, now with lynch . Lynch is not going to take over for Craig even if she’s the best think big the movie, she already has a contract with Disney marvel, she’ll be in a lot more capt marvel movies. True most think she was a sidekick at best however from the comic book geeks I know her character supposed to be much more important to the marvel universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image This idiot is determining the Bond script? It looks like Broccoli was impressed with "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" so she is allowing Bond to be second fiddle in the storyline while attempting to real in more demographics to her franchise. It will backfire on her big time. Between Blofeld :down: , a black female 007 :hair: , and an emasculated, aged former Bond :Bonk: , this film is destined to be a mess :!: EON is going down quickly with Broccoli :!:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's shaping up to be another classic.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

What has P Waller Bridge et al been smoking? :hair:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

They are doing the same thing they always do except taking a check from babs this time. IMHO babs problem from the start is she was always looking over at other tv, plays and movies Wanting to bring that to bond because it’s what interests her and what critics respond well too. She’s never thought honestly about making better bond movies, frankly because she can’t. Her daddy made some of the best most iconic movie moments influencing popular culture for over 50 years and she’s made a curmudgeon of a man briefly a star, everything she does is to play against the bond her father made. But without that cultural phenomenon phenomenon nobody would have bought one ticket to her show.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:What has P Waller Bridge et al been smoking? :hair:
Image It must be a psychedelic compound MP because.......this "ain't" 007 :!: :cuss: :Bonk: :down:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Repeating myself but Bond 25 really does need to be named “Dumpster Fire” :mrgreen:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:
kater23 wrote:What has P Waller Bridge et al been smoking? :hair:
Image It must be a psychedelic compound MP because.......this "ain't" 007 :!: :cuss: :Bonk: :down:
007 is just a code number. Bond is retired at the beginning of the film, and they have obviously reassigned the number. So there's no reason why she shouldn't be 007. It's not looking good for her chances of survival, though, since Bond is obviously going to be 007 again by the end of the movie. At least it should put the ridiculous "James Bond is a codename" theory to bed, unless Lynch's character is also named James Bond.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Maybe it’s a A Boy Called Sue thing? :lol: :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think it’s a distraction to the real issue of how f’d up the production and script are . But once again it prove people are more interested in the next 007 over Craig returning

Most audiences will not care who the short lived 007 replacement is, unless babs does the code name thing then she f’s 50 years of history.
Like I said James Bond fans may be the one stuck on 007 is James Bond. Audiences may not care. Babs has been all about this is bond becoming 007 , again and again. If it’s not that then it’s bond becoming bond. If this is the straw that breaks the fanboy back it’ll be funny to me after babs has literally trashed Ian’s 007 and her fathers for decades with fans a so called experts praising her for it.

Btw Lynch has a gig with marvel, she’s can’t commit to the movies like eon has wanted in the past so I doubt she coming back even if babs wants to keep the Craig era alive after he’s gone

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think it's little more than a gag, like Q showing Bond the Aston in SPECTRE, then saying it has been assigned to 009 - a mildly amusing subversion of the regular Q scene. Except now, the punchline has been plastered all over the papers.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Yeah . Babs wants woke virtue signaling by making a black woman 007 without actually doing it for real and taking a Financial risk.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The hell with Broccoli's Bond :!: History was made last night :!: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Yeah . Babs wants woke virtue signaling by making a black woman 007 without actually doing it for real and taking a Financial risk.

My friends who liked the Bond franchise before Cr-egg, have even said this goes toooooooooo far :!: It's over gang :!: Get FBF down off the Golden Gate Bridge :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Yeah . Babs wants woke virtue signaling by making a black woman 007 without actually doing it for real and taking a Financial risk.

It's clickbait, pure and simple, which is why I warned people to read the story carefully. Sadly, some of us seem to have swallowed the bait hook, line and sinker. Once again, SHE IS NOT JAMES BOND, SHE IS ANOTHER AGENT WHO WAS GIVEN HIS CODE NUMBER AFTER HE RETIRED.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:

It's clickbait, pure and simple, which is why I warned people to read the story carefully. Sadly, some of us seem to have swallowed the bait hook, line and sinker. Once again, SHE IS NOT JAMES BOND, SHE IS ANOTHER AGENT WHO WAS GIVEN HIS CODE NUMBER AFTER HE RETIRED.

no doubt she’ll be the better 007 of the two.
It ma funny to me once again it’s the replacement or talk of replacement that drives the discussion .

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:no doubt she’ll be the better 007 of the two.
Again, this is just an educated guess based on the modern Bond era (which I define as being from Goldeneye onwards, though it's a tad scary to think that Goldeneye will be 25 years old next year), but I think there will be some initial needling of Bond based on his being "pale, male and stale", but that he will emerge top dog in the end. It's his film, after all, and whilst EON can't simply ignore changes in attitude among audiences, they can't afford to completely trash their own brand.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It does not have to be another James Bond. Just calling her 007 is blasphemous enough and if Fleming was alive he would sue Broccoli over what she is doing :!: