The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:Maybe they need to cast someone more suave and dynamic, like Nick Nolte.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LOL, or someone more youthful and fighting fit like Steven Segal!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Maybe they need to cast someone more suave and dynamic, like Nick Nolte.

LOL, or someone more youthful and fighting fit like Steven Segal!
Daniel Craig is now in the 1983 Bond battle territory.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

McBride is back :!:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

DC’s stunt double looks nothing like him..Always wonder who made THAT decision! : :?: WTF
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"This is going to be my last Bond I think," he tells ET's Kevin Frazier. "I think I've done enough, people are going to get sick of the sight of me. Someone else should have a go."----------------Pierce Brosnan is weighing in on the current state of the Bond films as Daniel Craig's tenure is coming to an end. "Not my monkey, not my circus," the 66-year-old Irish actor tells Esquire in a new interview when asked about the direction of the franchise.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

TOMATOMETER Godzilla King Of The Monsters:
45%
All Critics
Average Rating: 5.39/10
Total Count: 83
Fresh: 37 Rotten: 46 ------I will see it. Critics are too aloof for reviewing monster films.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:"This is going to be my last Bond I think," he tells ET's Kevin Frazier. "I think I've done enough, people are going to get sick of the sight of me. Someone else should have a go."----------------Pierce Brosnan is weighing in on the current state of the Bond films as Daniel Craig's tenure is coming to an end. "Not my monkey, not my circus," the 66-year-old Irish actor tells Esquire in a new interview when asked about the direction of the franchise.
*high fives Pierce Brosnan*
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:"This is going to be my last Bond I think," he tells ET's Kevin Frazier. "I think I've done enough, people are going to get sick of the sight of me. Someone else should have a go."----------------Pierce Brosnan is weighing in on the current state of the Bond films as Daniel Craig's tenure is coming to an end. "Not my monkey, not my circus," the 66-year-old Irish actor tells Esquire in a new interview when asked about the direction of the franchise.
*high fives Pierce Brosnan*
brosnan had that attitude at first, then in 2012 he got paid to promote the Blu-ray’s and the press was over joyed promoting Craig so brosnan got on board cheering Craig. I think this is probably two films too many for Craig. Brosnan had one more, Craig probably should have left at CR or SF. The social media changed and the bond pr is not the echo chamber it was 10 years ago. I think a great many are ready for a new bond, the critics get that vibe and go with it. Babs and Craig have a huge chip on their shoulder over this site and the trouble she had getting Craig hired. I think they both wanted to make a statement by having Craig take Moore’s record as longest serving bond that will not be broken for a long time. But I think they are spiking the football over a technicality, most people realize Craig was reluctant to make the movies with huge breaks in between, serving the franchise for less time than any other actor but technically he’s had the job longer.
Moore had seven films in 12-13 years. Sean Connery had seven counting the None EON

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The IT guy at work today claimed that he knows Daniel Craig's body double from CR, and that Craig's head was CGI'd onto this guy's body for the famous Speedo scene. Of course, this is purely anecdotal, and it's best to treat it with a healthy dose of skepticism, but *if* it's true, it gives the lie to all that guff about how hard Craig worked out in order to get that body.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Brosnan: “I think Bond will continue in the same vein. I would suspect so because men will continue to be men and women likewise. One hopes there will be more respect between the genders.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Brosnan: “I think Bond will continue in the same vein. I would suspect so because men will continue to be men and women likewise. One hopes there will be more respect between the genders.”
I think Fleming's Bond respected women. The movie Bond latched onto the whole Swinging Sixties sexual revolution to make him much more promiscuous, in a way that looks a bit rapey to 21st century audiences.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image No more female Dr Who avatar Kris? Have you had enough of her in the role?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Image No more female Dr Who avatar Kris? Have you had enough of her in the role?
No, I just saw that picture in a news story about a product recall on baby food, and thought it seemed appropriate.

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

The stuff looks like vomit..that’s why parents feed their kids that before they can talk(and complain!)
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Brosnan: “I think Bond will continue in the same vein. I would suspect so because men will continue to be men and women likewise. One hopes there will be more respect between the genders.”
I think Fleming's Bond respected women. The movie Bond latched onto the whole Swinging Sixties sexual revolution to make him much more promiscuous, in a way that looks a bit rapey to 21st century audiences.

Except I don't see how being slightly(or not so slightly) promiscuous is in any way rapey
Having multiple sexual partners that are willing is not similar to forcing someone to have sex with you.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The list of examples of Bond coercing or manipulating women into having sex with him has been well-documented, here and elsewhere. Not to mention pushing the pernicious "no means yes" trope so beloved of sexual predators everywhere. The worst example for me was in Thunderball, where Bond basically tells the Shrublands nurse "you made a terrible mistake, but if you have sex with me, I won't tell your boss." That's stretching the definition of "willing partner" to breaking point.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:The list of examples of Bond coercing or manipulating women into having sex with him has been well-documented, here and elsewhere. Not to mention pushing the pernicious "no means yes" trope so beloved of sexual predators everywhere. The worst example for me was in Thunderball, where Bond basically tells the Shrublands nurse "you made a terrible mistake, but if you have sex with me, I won't tell your boss." That's stretching the definition of "willing partner" to breaking point.

I'm inclined to agree with you Kris, however I will point out Patricia Fearing (the Shrublands nurse) was extremely playful with Bond throughout the interaction even backing herself into the sauna where they make love. Compare that to the "seduction" of Monica Bellucci's widow in SPECTRE and it's night and day.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Baz’s source said: “The movie's premise is genetic warfare, which is fascinating — but you gotta boil it down and make it accessible."

“And that's why Phoebe was hired. She has somehow made sense of it."

“There aren't many people in the world bright enough to bring some humour to the topic of genetics and the Human Genome Project.”

Allegedly Malek’s villain uses genetic sciences for “nefarious reasons”, which ties in well with the synopsis that’s already been shared officially.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image The sloth looks almost 'Vulcan-ish" here :!: :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

PWB also made an interesting comment about the so-called feminist angle. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but she basically said that she didn't want to change or feminise the character of Bond, her job was just to make sure that the female characters were well-written and three-dimensional (which I agree they should be).