The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:That sounds like one of those euphemisms they use in obituaries, like when they say someone "didn't suffer fools gladly".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yeah, exactly. When I first read what Seydoux said I thought:"So basically he's a nightmare to work with".
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That is one of those PR speak phrases.
When movie producers have interview or special features where the female lead talks about how wonderful or how sexy they find their male costar, maybe it’s my contrary nature but I wonder if they are really thinking what a creep this guy is and how they’d never allow their children near him.
This quote make me think she’s saying he’s a ass and to producers ( and any looking to hire her in the future) whatever the problems are it’s not me.

Weird we are getting such gossip about Craig this time out, he’s alway behaved this way on set. Thing about his injury is, this is how lead actors throw their authority around. He might not even be injured, and it could be the studio paid a lot to prove it medically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I don’t even know where to start with the DC mishegos to be quite honest. Felled by a bum ankle? *cough*wuss*cough* :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

“Spectre” did over 77% of its business overseas. Even in these days of growing foreign impact, this was particularly high — and in North America, it had the lowest gross of Craig’s Bond titles.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:That sounds like one of those euphemisms they use in obituaries, like when they say someone "didn't suffer fools gladly".

Yeah, exactly. When I first read what Seydoux said I thought:"So basically he's a nightmare to work with".
I think you all are right, my initial reaction was based on Seydoux's lackluster performance in SPECTRE coupled with her bored appearance in the presser for 25. It all reminded me of Craig, causing me to think they are cut from the same cloth. However reconsidering after your comments I can see another possibility, she's fed up with Craig's dramatics as well as EON's BS such as putting their stars through a press conference for nothing. Also because she going through all this for 30 seconds of screen time before she's killed off.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John wick 3, was one of the best action movies I’ve ever seen. Just on action alone. Jackie Chan would be challenged to match it. The story I need to digest some more.
Halle berry shows she could have done with a jinx spin off MGW spent years working on.

Anecdotal but the theater for first show in IMAX is pretty full.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Meanwhile, Moneypenny star Naomie Harris has said Craig may still do another 007 movie after Bond 25. :roll:

Speaking with The Independent, she said: “Daniel has never said that [Bond 25 is his last film], so we don’t know.” :cuss:

“It’s still open – who knows? Genuinely I think he doesn’t know. Nobody does." :hair:

“It depends on this film and if people turn out and are like, ‘We want Daniel’ – which I think they will – then he may well be back for another one.”--wrong you moron :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

One more reason not to pay to see this in the cinema. Fun fact: Craig is now the same age as Sean was when he made NSNA.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to new reports, an ‘intimacy coach’ :Bonk: has been brought in to give Daniel Craig direction with his sex scenes for the first time in Bond history, as Ana De Armas joins the cast as his new love interest. It is alleged that systems have been reviewed to make sure ‘all the stars are getting the support they need,’ including with ‘risqué sex scenes,’ in light of the ‘Me Too movement’. On Monday, an insider told The Sun: ‘An intimacy coordinator is now on set during those scenes and is working with Daniel Craig and new Bond girl Ana De Armas to run through the script and make sure they feel comfortable. It has been added that producer Barbara Broccoli is intent on making sure that they are 'bringing Bond up to speed'. :hair: Image This 31 year old is doing love scenes with the 51 year old sloth and they call in an 'intimacy coach' to help her withstand Cr-egg's appearance close up? They require calling in an optometrist to check both Broccoli's and Ana's vision first :!: Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Craig will definitely be back. This next movie will be a hit because it is the first Bond movie for 5 years, and Craig will want another cheque. Perhaps the next one will be in three years.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Veronica wrote:

I think you all are right, my initial reaction was based on Seydoux's lackluster performance in SPECTRE coupled with her bored appearance in the presser for 25. It all reminded me of Craig, causing me to think they are cut from the same cloth. However reconsidering after your comments I can see another possibility, she's fed up with Craig's dramatics as well as EON's BS such as putting their stars through a press conference for nothing. Also because she going through all this for 30 seconds of screen time before she's killed off.
Eh, credit where credit's due I think Seydoux is otherwise a gifted actress but she simply couldn't do much with her paper thin role in SPECTRE. A painful lack of chemistry between her and Craig didn't help the matters either. Granted, Craig was never a successful Casanova but watching him and Seydoux kissing was mildly awkward at best and painfully awkward at worst.
What she is like to work with I have no clue, except I would say some french stand-offishness is to be expected in interviews and such.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:According to new reports, an ‘intimacy coach’ :Bonk: has been brought in to give Daniel Craig direction with his sex scenes for the first time in Bond history, as Ana De Armas joins the cast as his new love interest.
How much do you want to bet it was her idea? Probably wise of her if it was. I can imagine Craig being the "we need to make this convincing" type.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:According to new reports, an ‘intimacy coach’ :Bonk: has been brought in to give Daniel Craig direction with his sex scenes for the first time in Bond history, as Ana De Armas joins the cast as his new love interest.
How much do you want to bet it was her idea? Probably wise of her if it was. I can imagine Craig being the "we need to make this convincing" type.

Very true Kris, especially if the rumor he requires certain accommodations of his costars is true!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I don't know how much enthusiasm Craig actually shows while filming love scenes since up to this point there wasn't a scene where it didn't feel at least a little bit awkward. Never got the impression he is actually glad being in that position while other Bonds seemed to be in the "I am such a lucky Bas***d to do this" mode.
So basically, I don't know how much he would be forcing the whole "we need to make this convincing" thing.
On the other hand if he actually expects that he'll hook up with these women when the camera lights shut down that's a whole other thing.
That would most likely be linked to his ego and desire to prove to himself how desireable he is.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Craig has a reputation for being hands-on with female co-stars. I suspect the lack of passion in his sex scenes has more to do with the desire not to upset the Chinese censors.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I dunno if it because of me too, unless there’s been a complaint against Craig. He’s never had on screen chemistry with his female love interests

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I dunno if it because of me too, unless there’s been a complaint against Craig. He’s never had on screen chemistry with his female love interests

The only chemistry he's interested in is the formula for rohypnol.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote:One more reason not to pay to see this in the cinema. Fun fact: Craig is now the same age as Sean was when he made NSNA.

Two words:Dollar theater(do those even exist anymore?) :lol:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image In 1969 the precursor and the muse for ABC's The Bachelor?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Image In 1969 the precursor and the muse for ABC's The Bachelor?
Well he certainly wasn't the muse for croatian bachelor since that guy actually turned out to prefer men. After that it was amusing seeing him pretending to be casanova with women.