The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

MP, this your town :!: The San Diego police chief blasted California’s sanctuary city policies Tuesday after a previously deported illegal immigrant with a long rap sheet was arrested for murder in the brutal stabbing of a 59-year-old woman. Chief Eddie Garcia said the murder of Bambi Larson, who was killed inside her home Thursday afternoon, demands that police and the county have an honest conversation over the refusal to honor U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer requests for violent criminals. “This isn’t about politics, this is about public safety,” Garcia said during a press conference Tuesday, during which he also spoke about the arrest of 24-year-old Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza. “He could have been turned over six times.” :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In the still-yet-to-be-named Bond 25, 007 is taking the wheel of a £250,000 all-electric Aston Martin Rapide E, per a report from the Sun. The choice was spearheaded by Fukunaga, a "total tree-hugger," who really wanted to see Bond upping his green credentials. "Everybody is afraid of Bond getting labelled ‘too PC’ but they all felt the time was right to put him in a zero emission vehicle," an insider told the Sun.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:In the still-yet-to-be-named Bond 25, 007 is taking the wheel of a £250,000 all-electric Aston Martin Rapide E, per a report from the Sun. The choice was spearheaded by Fukunaga, a "total tree-hugger," who really wanted to see Bond upping his green credentials. "Everybody is afraid of Bond getting labelled ‘too PC’ but they all felt the time was right to put him in a zero emission vehicle," an insider told the Sun.
I suggested this about two years ago. Funny how fast things move. Back then, electric cars still seemed a little bit futuristic. Now, they're almost the norm. Well, maybe not quite yet, but if Bond 25 keeps getting delayed, petrol and diesel cars may have gone the way of the horse and carriage by the time it eventually gets released.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:In the still-yet-to-be-named Bond 25, 007 is taking the wheel of a £250,000 all-electric Aston Martin Rapide E, per a report from the Sun. The choice was spearheaded by Fukunaga, a "total tree-hugger," who really wanted to see Bond upping his green credentials. "Everybody is afraid of Bond getting labelled ‘too PC’ but they all felt the time was right to put him in a zero emission vehicle," an insider told the Sun.
So they haven't got a title, a cast, a fixed release date, hell they don't even have a story yet, but by God they have an electric vehicle picked out to virtue signal with!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
So they haven't got a title, a cast, a fixed release date, hell they don't even have a story yet, but by God they have an electric vehicle picked out to virtue signal with!
but it’s going to be a lame electric car compared to the really cutting edge one out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
but it’s going to be a lame electric car compared to the really cutting edge one out there.

But, but, but O, this one says Aston Martin on it, so , so, its better!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: But, but, but O, this one says Aston Martin on it, so , so, its better!
Well, more appropriate for Bond, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I understand the need for Bond replacements now that Bond is no longer Bond, but this sounds pretty meh: https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/breaking- ... n-14129866

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I understand the need for Bond replacements now that Bond is no longer Bond, but this sounds pretty meh: https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/breaking- ... n-14129866

Ah sounds about average for these kinds of plots. They only use James Bond to grab attention , probably because people are so ready for a new actor they click a story like this

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:I understand the need for Bond replacements now that Bond is no longer Bond, but this sounds pretty meh: https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/breaking- ... n-14129866

American 007? Eh.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Happy 86th to Sir Michael Caine :martini:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:

Ah sounds about average for these kinds of plots. They only use James Bond to grab attention , probably because people are so ready for a new actor they click a story like this

I agree Big O, when they say "American James Bond" are they talking about an American espionage agent, like say Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer, Ethan Hunt... Or are we talking about a suave, sophisticated, debonair, gent like Bond used to be? That synopsis certainly sounds more like the former rather than the latter.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JAMES BOND 25 star Ralph Fiennes has revealed that he has yet to read the script for the next movie :!: :hair: It's March 17th now :!:----------Fiennes, who plays the current iteration of M, has said in a new interview that a screenplay has yet to land in his inbox. Insisting he’s not just “being coy”, he also said he has no idea what the story of the film is :!: :hair:

He told Newsnight: “I can’t tell you much. There’s as much security around a Bond production as there is in MI6.

“I don’t know the name of the film, :ROFL: I haven’t had access to a screenplay yet." :jack:

“I do know they intend to film it later this year.” :shock:

He added: “I have been affectionately nudging [exec producer] Barbara Broccoli to send me a screenplay and I’m told it will be coming soon, and I know that Daniel [Craig] is playing Bond. :shock: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... -Fiennes-M
Last edited by bjmdds on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Plans for the shoot in Norway have allegedly been met with fury from environmentalists. According to The Sun, Daniel Craig’s final 007 movie is set to erect buildings for the purpose of being blown up in massive explosions. The outlet alleges that the shoot is taking place in Southern Norway’s Trehorningen forests and that ski groups say they have had to divert their routes. The plans have seen protests for environmentalists, which could lead to delays in shooting Bond 25 costing thousands of pounds. :ROFL: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... hatterhand
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Untitled DC Film (April 2020)----Distributor: Warner Bros. Release Date: April 3, 2020-----this is 5 days before Bond 25 :!: :shock: Who is running this franchise, Bozo the clown :?: :!: Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:JAMES BOND 25 star Ralph Fiennes has revealed that he has yet to read the script for the next movie :!: :hair: It's March 17th now :!:----------Fiennes, who plays the current iteration of M, has said in a new interview that a screenplay has yet to land in his inbox. Insisting he’s not just “being coy”, he also said he has no idea what the story of the film is :!: :hair:

He told Newsnight: “I can’t tell you much. There’s as much security around a Bond production as there is in MI6.

“I don’t know the name of the film, :ROFL: I haven’t had access to a screenplay yet." :jack:

“I do know they intend to film it later this year.” :shock:

He added: “I have been affectionately nudging [exec producer] Barbara Broccoli to send me a screenplay and I’m told it will be coming soon, and I know that Daniel [Craig] is playing Bond. :shock: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... -Fiennes-M
My guess is they have nothing but a rough draft and a few ideas. Far as stunt planning since Brosnan TND they plot the movie around action sequences

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just borrowed The James Bond Dossier by Kingsley Amis from my local library. Anyone here read it?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:Just borrowed The James Bond Dossier by Kingsley Amis from my local library. Anyone here read it?
No. But I should. I believe you read the John Pearson Bond book recently?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Just borrowed The James Bond Dossier by Kingsley Amis from my local library. Anyone here read it?
No. But I should. I believe you read the John Pearson Bond book recently?
I did. I had read it before, but this is my first time reading the Amis book.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Danny Boyle says more about why he quit Bond: https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/article ... hy-he-quit

No mention of killing Bond, but it rather sounds like Barbie and Ken want it both ways: the prestige of having an auteur director without the creative freedom that entails. Perhaps the solution is a franchise-within-a-franchise where directors could make lower-budget movies that stand apart from the main series, in the way that Logan and Deadpool stand somewhat apart from the main X-Men franchise.