US Presidential election 2020

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: US Presidential election 2020

Post by bjmdds »

One additional item relates to Biden’s integrity. In the fascinating biography of Teamsters and Mafia hit-man Frank Sheeran, “I Heard You Paint Houses,” the lifelong thug describes a favor he performed while he was president of Teamsters Local 326 in Wilmington, Delaware. In 1972 Sheeran received a visit from “a very prominent lawyer” he knew who was “very big in the Democratic Party” in Delaware. The November general election was approaching, and the race for the U.S. Senate seat held by a Republican was expected to be close. The lawyer wanted help in preventing the distribution of a paid Republican political ad – an insert in the Delaware-wide newspapers – that would run for a week and expose the campaign misrepresentations by the Democratic challenger. Sheeran promised the operative that he “would hire some people and put them on the picket line.” He added, “People nobody would mess with.”The picket line went up, the papers were not delivered all week, and, as Sheeran said, “The day after the election the informational picket line came down, and the newspaper went back to normal and Delaware had a new United States Senator.” His name was Joe Biden. Thereafter, said admitted extortionist, thief and murderer Sheeran, of Biden, “You could reach out for him, and he would listen.” [Emphasis added.] The Vice President of the United States got his job as U.S. Senator with help from a Mafia hit-man and Delaware Teamster boss.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In 2014, the Congressional Budget Office forecast that the proportion of people ages 16 and up either working or looking for work — often called the participation rate — would be just 62.5 percent by the end of 2017 and would decline thereafter. Instead, the figure reached 63.2 percent in January, a five-year high :!: :clap:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega, don't you live in Colorado? I was wondering what you thought of this Hickenlooper guy who's running for President. All I really know about him is that he has a hilarious surname.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He’s a serious democratic player. Many thought he would be a better VP choice possibly top of the ticket choice in 2016.

Personally I hate him. His gun control laws particularly. He’s part of the north eastern Denver centric control of the state, the population centers rule generally against the will of the rest of the state, ranchers and farmers that make up much of the rest of the state.
Imported liberals who flock to Aspen and Denver tilting the state more leftward than the rest of the population. They come up with crazy laws to tackle pet projects that have little to no effect on anybody else in the rest of the state using the tax monies generated by ranchers and farmers to fuel these projects. It’s not a uncommon problem out here, population centers vs rural towns surrounded by federal parks/land and Indian reservations. Colorado 36% of the land is the federal governments, Arizona 42%, Utah 66%, New Mexico 32% I forget what the total is with reservations and state land, but large chunks of these states are not going to ever be built up or used to grow rural areas. Nevada and Utah are basically occupied territory controlled by the federal government.
Guess my point was large uninhabited none voting areas make it easier for even slight population centers to rule from the state capital unopposed.

But Hickenlooper is a serious player in politics out here and he’ll get a lot of support from tech billionaires to at least get him started on the big stage, personally I think he’ll fail in other state primaries in the rust and Bible Belt because of his far left policies, who knows how much carnage these power hungry Democrats are going to cause devouring their own, Hickenlooper might be the best choice for them even if he fails on a national stage. He certainly would have performed better than Hillary or Tim kain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mayor Pete Buttigieg has surged to third place in a poll of likely Iowa caucus voters, up from last place two months ago, Emerson Polling announced Sunday.

Buttigieg registered 11 percent in the poll taken March 21-24, leapfrogging better known Democratic presidential candidates Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker and Beto O’Rourke. He trailed former Vice President Joe Biden at 25 percent and Bernie Sanders at 24 percent. Harris, with 10 percent, was the only other candidate in double-digits.

Buttigieg had received 0 percent in Emerson's January Iowa poll.

Spencer Kimball, Emerson Poll director, said that “the biggest surprise in this poll is Mayor Pete. Last week we saw him inching up in our national poll, and now he’s in double digits in Iowa. America is going to be asking, ‘Who is Mayor Pete?’”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A former Democratic candidate in Nevada has accused former Vice President Joe Biden of inappropriate conduct during a 2014 campaign event. Lucy Flores detailed the encounter in a piece she wrote for New York Magazine’s The Cut, which was published on Friday. "I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual f**k? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience."-------see ya Joe :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:A former Democratic candidate in Nevada has accused former Vice President Joe Biden of inappropriate conduct during a 2014 campaign event. Lucy Flores detailed the encounter in a piece she wrote for New York Magazine’s The Cut, which was published on Friday. "I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual f**k? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience."-------see ya Joe :!:
If this comes as a shock, you haven't been paying attention (by "you", I mean people in general, rather than you personally. I know you won't be surprised by this.)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:A former Democratic candidate in Nevada has accused former Vice President Joe Biden of inappropriate conduct during a 2014 campaign event. Lucy Flores detailed the encounter in a piece she wrote for New York Magazine’s The Cut, which was published on Friday. "I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual f**k? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience."-------see ya Joe :!:
If this comes as a shock, you haven't been paying attention (by "you", I mean people in general, rather than you personally. I know you won't be surprised by this.)
Biden has a very long history of doing creepy things towards females of any age. I think the old daily show put together a montage of just the Obama years. Just about every official function if someone brought the daughter, wife, mother, friend, Biden said something weird, in most cases he touches them inappropriately. But it was dismissed by the press as that’s just old joe.
I don’t think he’s in the same league as Clinton, far as being a real predator but he’s got hours of news footage the era of me too should have a easy time making an example of him. Unless god forbid the feminist turn a blind eye to another Democrats bad behavior for political favoritism.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Unless god forbid the feminist turn a blind eye to another Democrats bad behavior for political favoritism.
The corrupt party establishment will try, but I don't think he'll have as easy a time of it from rank and file Democrats as Bill Clinton did. Times have changed since the '90s, even if the party gerontocracy hasn't caught up yet.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Unless god forbid the feminist turn a blind eye to another Democrats bad behavior for political favoritism.
The corrupt party establishment will try, but I don't think he'll have as easy a time of it from rank and file Democrats as Bill Clinton did. Times have changed since the '90s, even if the party gerontocracy hasn't caught up yet.

I was surprised that SNL senator was forced to resign, and I’d say Biden is a worse case than him.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Yeah, the Al Franken thing seemed to just be him larking around with a friend. Quite different from Creepy Uncle Joe.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well a tad more than that but uncle joe has him beat by miles

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Do you think Madonna would threaten to blow up GROPIN' JOE'S White House too? Would Ashley Judd call GROPIN' JOE a naaaaaaaaaaasty man too? [video][/video] This is a very sick man :!: Look at those children's faces :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Having just watched that video, I think they should have just stuck with the unedited footage, maybe with the odd freeze-frame to highlight key moments. The creepy piano music and horror-movie slowed-down vocals made me feel like I was being manipulated. It didn't need it, the raw footage was bad enough.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Hill reports that Creepy Uncle Joe will announce his bid for the presidency on Wednesday: https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... e-2020-bid

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Of course he will, ok joe can’t wait to get out there and press the flesh

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Of course he will, ok joe can’t wait to get out there and press the flesh

I see what you did there.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ol joe shouldn’t run, aside from being Obama’s sidekick he’s got nothing.

Weird auto correct keeps changing ol joe to ok joe

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Biden won't get the nomination. He was part of the corrupt Oh-bama regime spying on Trump with Lynch as the AG. Horowitz report is due out next month to uncover all of this. Joe was Vice-President when this corruption took place.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Biden won't get the nomination. He was part of the corrupt Oh-bama regime spying on Trump with Lynch as the AG. Horowitz report is due out next month to uncover all of this. Joe was Vice-President when this corruption took place.
And that'll disadvantage him in the Democratic primary because...?