The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:This year's BAFTA winners: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/f ... -full-list

I may have to revise my comments about everybody loving Joanna Lumley. Apparently, the jokes in her opening monologue went down like a lead balloon. Clearly, she needs better writers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
She should've gone with the Patsy persona. What I wouldn't give to see her swinging down chapagne, lighting up and making non-PC jokes.
If the jokes landed with a thug I'm sure that's not on her. :jack:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:This year's BAFTA winners: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/f ... -full-list

I may have to revise my comments about everybody loving Joanna Lumley. Apparently, the jokes in her opening monologue went down like a lead balloon. Clearly, she needs better writers.

She should've gone with the Patsy persona. What I wouldn't give to see her swinging down chapagne, lighting up and making non-PC jokes.
If the jokes landed with a thug I'm sure that's not on her. :jack:
I wonder who wrote the jokes? Stephen Fry hosted it for ages and I bet he wrote many of his gags.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:
I wonder who wrote the jokes? Stephen Fry hosted it for ages and I bet he wrote many of his gags.
But Fry is a writer, Lumley isn't. Maybe she did try writing her own material.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Who is this loser? The Guardian:Is Joanna Lumley the worst Baftas host of all time? Not only were the jokes bad, but the audience responded with total silence. https://www.theguardian.com/film/shortc ... t-all-time
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That article did say the monologue was the work of professional joke writers, but declined to name them, probably for their own protection.

Edit: as for who she is, well, one of the women at Piz Gloria in OHMSS (billed as "The English Girl" in the credits), among many other roles.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Aunt Emma from The Wolf of Wall Street as well.
But my favourite line from her will always be "The last mosquito that bit me had to book into Betty Ford clinic."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone know where I can find a clear image of the Dymo-taped labels on the dashboard of Bond's Aston in SPECTRE? I mentioned them in another forum, and someone didn't know what I was talking about. I'm pretty sure a screenshot has been posted in this forum, but I can't seem to find it now.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thanks.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Which Craignotbond poster on hiatus does this remind you of?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bond 25 release date delayed yet again. How long before the dread words "troubled production" start appearing in news stories?

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2636 ... e-delayed/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image It's the longest delay between films now for the same actor, which will be 5 years :!: Unheard of :!: Thanks guys for prolonging Cr-egg's tenure to 15 years as well, since October 2005 through 2020 :!: :roll: The 2020 film calendar got a shuffle on Friday afternoon. MGM has moved its next James Bond film to April 8, 2020, from its previous date of Feb. 14, 2020. There is nothing else currently slated for that release date. It now occupies territory that was once close to the next Fast and Furious installment, which until Friday had been set to open April 10, 2020. In addition to MGM's Bond move, Universal pushed back the release date for its untitled ninth Fast and Furious movie to May 22, 2020, from its original April date. Universal is distributing the next James Bond film, so this appears to be a coordinated effort. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/movienew ... ar-BBTEEjO
Last edited by bjmdds on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Which Craignotbond poster on hiatus does this remind you of?

Another clue? :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Which Craignotbond poster on hiatus does this remind you of?

Another clue? :clap:
FBF?
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Here are some glass half-full, glass half-empty ways of looking at the latest delay.

http://bit.ly/2STiDJC

The gap between SPECTRE and Bond 25 is almost six months more than the gap between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall. The latter included MGM going bankrupt. The current hap has had nothing that major.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Fantastic news for UK readers: Talking Pictures will be repeating all the surviving episode of Callan, starting with the pilot. Weeknights at 9pm from March 4th.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:Bond 25 release date delayed yet again. How long before the dread words "troubled production" start appearing in news stories?

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2636 ... e-delayed/

Go easy Kris on them, they've only had 4 years to get this together and it's not like they've been doing it for over 50 years!

Also love how EON is "excited to announce" the fact they are out of their depth and had to push back their release date yet again!
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:
Go easy Kris on them, they've only had 4 years to get this together and it's not like they've been doing it for over 50 years!

Also love how EON is "excited to announce" the fact they are out of their depth and had to push back their release date yet again!
Yes, a movie I don't want to see being delayed even longer featuring an actor I feel was miscast who by his own admission would only be doing it for the money. Oh, DB, I can hardly contain myself! :clap: :happy spin: :lol: :roll: :roll: :( :jack:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

Yes, a movie I don't want to see being delayed even longer featuring an actor I feel was miscast who by his own admission would only be doing it for the money. Oh, DB, I can hardly contain myself! :clap: :happy spin: :lol: :roll: :roll: :( :jack:

You forgot a rushed production with a script slapped together at the last minute by two hacks who would starve if it weren't for the fact EON inexplicably keeps calling them back, all managed by EON's second choice director who's one major accomplishment was recording Mathew McConaughey's more intelligible mumbles for a subscription network television program!
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote: You forgot a rushed production with a script slapped together at the last minute by two hacks who would starve if it weren't for the fact EON inexplicably keeps calling them back, all managed by EON's second choice director who's one major accomplishment was recording Mathew McConaughey's more intelligible mumbles for a subscription network television program!
Well, all these things would be best forgotten, but thanks to EON's unwavering consistency of strategy, I continue to be reminded, year after year.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."