The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Paramount's Star Trek 4 has been canceled, according to Deadline :!: The Hollywood trade reports that the untitled film which would have been the fourth in the franchise which began with 2009's J.J. Abrams-directed Star Trek has been "shelved." :up:
well disregarding rumors over cast not wanting to come back , these movies never made any real money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's time for EON to announce the title of their next Bond mess already.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:It's time for EON to announce the title of their next Bond mess already.
They don't usually do that until much closer to the release date. When were the press conferences announcing the titles of Skyfall and SPECTRE?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Wasn’t the name announced in the pr event announcing the movie, director and cast? The song is usefully a very late announcement

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make this film at all. Why on earth is Craig coming back again? He made more than enough money with previous four dull performances.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think it'll be another SPECTRE, thrown together at the last minute. EON have always been a bit "seat of their pants" which is why the films are so wildly variable in quality. That didn't matter so much when they were putting out a film every year or two. But with these 4 or 5 year gaps between films, you'd think they'd have time to get it right.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I was tempted to post this in Dirty Benny's Firearms Thread, but I feared it might be pushing the boundaries of that thread somewhat. An upcoming auction of movie props and memorabilia features what is believed to be the last surviving prop ray-gun from Moonraker: https://downthetubes.net/?p=103561
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] I think we should send this birthday cake in June to Broccoli, in honor of her heroic work in ruining her father's franchise :!:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:I was tempted to post this in Dirty Benny's Firearms Thread, but I feared it might be pushing the boundaries of that thread somewhat. An upcoming auction of movie props and memorabilia features what is believed to be the last surviving prop ray-gun from Moonraker: https://downthetubes.net/?p=103561

Very interesting! Fun bit of trivia those props were made from UZI sub machine gun toys.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:I think it'll be another SPECTRE, thrown together at the last minute. EON have always been a bit "seat of their pants" which is why the films are so wildly variable in quality. That didn't matter so much when they were putting out a film every year or two. But with these 4 or 5 year gaps between films, you'd think they'd have time to get it right.

What Babz doesn't understand, her father's formula for film making was gang busters when they still had novels and short stories to glean, not to mention as you say, they were cranking them out every year or two, but if you're going to position yourself as a supposed maker of fine bespoke product, it had better not be sub par!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Paramount's Star Trek 4 has been canceled, according to Deadline :!: The Hollywood trade reports that the untitled film which would have been the fourth in the franchise which began with 2009's J.J. Abrams-directed Star Trek has been "shelved." :up:

Can't say I'm surprised, when you hire a self confessed non fan to helm the series which spawned the obsessive fan, then go completely off the reservation with what we know about the characters, then on top of that remake the most beloved story lines in a most ham fisted manner, what would you expect?!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Nearly 300 passengers :shock: aboard the Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas cruise ship were sickened with a stomach virus since it departed Port Canaveral in Brevard County, Florida, on Sunday. A total of 277 guests and crew members have been affected with a gastrointestinal illness, a spokesman for Royal Caribbean Cruises told NBC News on Wednesday. All of the more than 8,000 guests aboard the ship will receive a refund because of the outbreak, said Owen Torres.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

It is unknown at this time if the Daniel Craig film that was shown shortly before had anything to do with the outbreak.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The spy who gaged me ?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:

Can't say I'm surprised, when you hire a self confessed non fan to helm the series which spawned the obsessive fan, then go completely off the reservation with what we know about the characters, then on top of that remake the most beloved story lines in a most ham fisted manner, what would you expect?!
other factor may be how the tv series is doing. I’ve heard more about plans for tv than the movies for years. Including a series about Picard.

The second movie ripping off wrath of Kahn and the third about not a hell of a lot besides sulu is gay and Kirk is burnt out, didn’t really help their case for the need for these movies.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega wrote:The spy who gaged me ?

You win the internet :mrgreen:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Kristatos wrote:I was tempted to post this in Dirty Benny's Firearms Thread, but I feared it might be pushing the boundaries of that thread somewhat. An upcoming auction of movie props and memorabilia features what is believed to be the last surviving prop ray-gun from Moonraker: https://downthetubes.net/?p=103561
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Den of Geek gives its annual overview of the main Oscar contenders, with the pros and cons of each (from the Academy's point of view): https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/613 ... redictions

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' actor "mourns" his days of going to pubs as fame makes it hard to go out drinking and find new places to socialize. He said: "I mourn it slightly. I like to have a drink, and I love pubs and I love finding new pubs and places to socialize. But that has a limit on it now." He discovered a failsafe hangover cure which he believes to be the "difference between life and death". He explained: "There's this thing called Pedialyte. It's basically a diuretic; you give it to kids who are dehydrated. If you wake up in the morning and you've got one of those on standby and you down the whole lot...you can carry on drinking!"
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:The 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' actor "mourns" his days of going to pubs as fame makes it hard to go out drinking and find new places to socialize. He said: "I mourn it slightly. I like to have a drink, and I love pubs and I love finding new pubs and places to socialize. But that has a limit on it now." He discovered a failsafe hangover cure which he believes to be the "difference between life and death". He explained: "There's this thing called Pedialyte. It's basically a diuretic; you give it to kids who are dehydrated. If you wake up in the morning and you've got one of those on standby and you down the whole lot...you can carry on drinking!"
How old is this BJ? Isn't this the exact same article from a few weeks ago, just with a few new details?! If it's recent Why are they running it again?