President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: President Trump?

Post by Omega »

From what little I’ve followed it’s just about every political stripe upset with status quo and various status quo parties trying to claim leadership or mandate from the people who actually have nothing to do with the protest.

On macron, Macron misrepresented himself to begin with, only won because his opponent was either nuttier or her father was I don’t remember.
But my sense is the EU establishment thought they turned back the britexit sentiment in Europe but didn’t actually make the average citizens life any better or easier. Delaying the tax will only piss people off more. What I heard is a flimsy capitulation with the misdirection of saying the tax is scrapped but in reality only delayed under the assumption people will just get used to the idea and give up on fighting it.

Obama admin people often voiced similar sentiment on controversial policy, I guess it’s a elitist group think tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:From what little I’ve followed it’s just about every political stripe upset with status quo and various status quo parties trying to claim leadership or mandate from the people who actually have nothing to do with the protest.

On macron, Macron misrepresented himself to begin with, only won because his opponent was either nuttier or her father was I don’t remember.
But my sense is the EU establishment thought they turned back the britexit sentiment in Europe but didn’t actually make the average citizens life any better or easier. Delaying the tax will only piss people off more. What I heard is a flimsy capitulation with the misdirection of saying the tax is scrapped but in reality only delayed under the assumption people will just get used to the idea and give up on fighting it.

Obama admin people often voiced similar sentiment on controversial policy, I guess it’s a elitist group think tool.

Who is going to buy this and join in the French riots?

https://propstore.com/product/james-bon ... -vis-vest/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Weekly Standard, a "conservative" magazine critical of Trump, to shutter after 23 years :!: :Happy: :clap: Mr. Kristol, who founded the magazine in 1995 with fellow political commentator Fred Barns, became one of the most prominent conservatives to oppose Mr. Trump’s White House run. The magazine continued to vociferously criticize Mr. Trump’s character and his policies once he became president, often lampooning him in caricatures on the magazine cover. Get lost Kristol, you pathetic excuse of a weasel :!: So let it be written, so let it be done :!: Republicans ran from you like the plague due to your elitist attitude and horrible policy beliefs :!: Good riddance to bad rubbish :!: Continue your great work at CNN (Certainly Not News) where you belong :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I know they were critical of Trump during the primaries, but I thought they fell into line once he became the nominee. I may be thinking of the National Review, I always get those two mixed up.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I know they were critical of Trump during the primaries, but I thought they fell into line once he became the nominee. I may be thinking of the National Review, I always get those two mixed up.

no most of these guys never accepted their establishment was rejected by the voters.
A lot of these guys like Krystal were working behind the scenes to hurt trump and leaking false or biased crap to feed the media narrative.
I’m surprised any kind of magazine/periodical can stay in business these days

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I criticise President Trump enough when I think he's wrong, so it's only fair that I praise him when he does the right thing. Withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan and Syria should get him on Santa's nice list this year. He'd better not ride in an open-top convertible past any grassy knolls anytime soon, though.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The warmongering know it all politicians like Rubio and Graham want troops everywhere except at our own southern border :!: Let these so-called hawks on defense dress in a military uniform and go defend these other countries themselves :!: You would see them shut up quickly if it were them leaving their families and comfortable homes for months to years at a time overseas in dangerous surroundings 24/7 :!: Military contracts are what this is all about anyway. Trump happens to be the sanest policy person in all of Washington D.C. He is doing exactly what he said he would do and these clowns act shocked over it :!: He is not of either parties platform.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

CNN was slammed for what many called overwhelmingly negative coverage of President Trump’s visit to the troops overseas. Both the president and first lady Melania Trump surprised troops stationed in Iraq the day after Christmas, which was followed by another visit with the troops in Germany. However, there was barely a kind word toward the president regarding his trip overseas — at least on CNN. On Wednesday evening, the network's reporting drew attention to some troops bringing MAGA hats for the president to sign and how this may be against the guidelines, which forbids active members of the military from participating in “political activities.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Spotted: Sen. Bob Menendez on the beach at a resort in Puerto Rico on Day 22 of the partial government shutdown. Reports say dozens of Dems are in PR for the CHC BOLD PAC winter retreat — including meetings on Maria cleanup, and a party with PR’s “Hamilton” cast. :roll:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., acknowledged Wednesday on Fox News' "Special Report with Bret Baier" that border walls "obviously" work in some areas, and he rejected suggestions that barriers should be removed where they already exist.

The No. 2 House Democrat additionally asserted that the question of whether to fund President Trump's proposed border wall -- a dispute at the center of the unprecedented partial federal government shutdown -- is "not an issue of morality."

Hoyer's comments were seemingly at odds with the positions of other House Democrats, who have argued that border walls like the one Trump is proposing are ineffective and immoral.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ale @aliasvaughn

Note for the Troglodyte-in-Chief: When a grand Jury indicts someone and they get arrested, it is NOT a witch hunt, it's justice at work, you moron.
9:59 AM - 25 Jan 2019------------this is what derangement looks like in real time :!: :roll:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A Belarusian model, who said she had proof that President Trump’s campaign colluded with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election, has now backtracked and says she made up the claims :!:

Anastasia Vashukevich, who spent months in a Thai jail last year for organizing sex training seminars, grabbed headlines after saying she has evidence that Russia worked with Trump’s campaign.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A Belarusian model, who said she had proof that President Trump’s campaign colluded with the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential election, has now backtracked and says she made up the claims :!:

Anastasia Vashukevich, who spent months in a Thai jail last year for organizing sex training seminars, grabbed headlines after saying she has evidence that Russia worked with Trump’s campaign.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Investigators on the Senate Intelligence Committee have learned the identities of three blocked phone calls with Donald Trump Jr just before and after the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting on June 9, 2016, three sources familiar with the calls told ABC News.

The calls to blocked numbers, which came on June 6, and after the meeting on June 9, were between Trump Jr.’s cell phone and two family friends — NASCAR CEO Brian France and real estate developer Howard Lorber, according to the sources. :clap: :cheers:

The three phone calls with Donald Trump Jr. to blocked numbers in June 2016 have until now fueled questions about whether Trump Jr. informed his father about the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting before or after it occurred.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The SOTU was up overall more than 10% in the early metrics from Trump’s official inaugural address to the House members and the Senate of January 30 last year. It’s a rare feat for any President this deep into his term, the rise also shows that Trump will eclipse not only his own first SOTU and his 2017 address to Congress but also the second SOTU of his predecessor Barack Obama, with 46.8 million total viewers :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kind of brilliant of trump to put up a finish the wall banner, the opposite of GWB mission accomplished and Obama’s summer of recovery.
Funny how our enlightened press do not know we’ve been building the wall for decades and trump has repaired and built on to what BWB and Obama already built. For some reason they react like nothing has happened in 18 years and that trump hasn’t been building since he took office, even before he took office there were contractors putting in bids by building stretches of border essentially for free.

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Omega wrote:Kind of brilliant of trump to put up a finish the wall banner, the opposite of GWB mission accomplished and Obama’s summer of recovery.
Funny how our enlightened press do not know we’ve been building the wall for decades and trump has repaired and built on to what BWB and Obama already built. For some reason they react like nothing has happened in 18 years and that trump hasn’t been building since he took office, even before he took office there were contractors putting in bids by building stretches of border essentially for free.

When I search on the Google maps there is a big wall where the US and Mexican cities meet.

Have you seen Baarle-Hertog in Holland? Bits of it are in Belgium.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It begins....

(And no, I don't know who he is, blue tick or no blue tick.)Image

Omega