USA Mid-term election

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: USA Mid-term election

Post by bjmdds »

The final Rasmussen Reports Generic Congressional Ballot before Election Day shows Republicans edging ahead by one point, but in essence, the two parties are tied. The survey has a +/-2 percentage point margin of error. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds that 46% would choose the Republican candidate if the elections for Congress were held today. Forty-five percent (45%) would vote for the Democrat. The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove. On this day in 2010, President Obama’s second year in office, 45% of voters approved of the job he was doing; 54% disapproved.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like the polls basically got it right this time, with Democrats taking the House, but Republicans retaining the Senate. Haven't seen anything about Governors' races yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Really wasn’t a blue wave or a red wall. I have not gone over it all but first impression is the seats and governorships that were supposed to be safe Democrat some were lost and the republicans that were supposed to be in trouble like Cruze made it.
I’m not surprised it is close in many and results may change as absentee ballots are counted, but it’s wasn’t a “resist” victory and wasn’t a re affirmation of republican power. Looks like the house maybe just local issues as some seats that were loses other Republicans on the same ticket won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's looking like the Dems have picked up 7 governorships. Andrew Gillum, the Florida Democratic gubernatorial candidate whose approval ratings dropped 6% when Hillary campaigned for him, lost by less than a percentage point. There's a lesson in there somewhere, but you can bet that HRH won't take it.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There were a few Democrat seats lost that I was surprised by. What’s weird was some of the polls that were way off, like in Florida where the guy Hillary and Obama campaigned for lost a close race he was supposed to be ahead in.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sessions leaving att gen was a surprise too. I think many are disappointed by him, I think he’s a decent man trying to do a honest job but not willing to shake up the doj.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Surprise? The surprise is he wasn't fired a year ago big O. He will run for Alabama Senator in 2 years most likely and regain that seat for the Republicans. Sessions was clueless as AG.---------------here we go :!: Top Democrat Jerrold Nadler was overheard on an Acela train discussing Democrats’ plans for going after Justice Brett Kavanaugh.
Nadler wants to investigate Kavanaugh for perjury but bungled the facts in explaining his reasoning.
Nadler will take over as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee as a result of Democrats flipping the House on Tuesday.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:There were a few Democrat seats lost that I was surprised by. What’s weird was some of the polls that were way off, like in Florida where the guy Hillary and Obama campaigned for lost a close race he was supposed to be ahead in.

Florida elections are notoriously corrupt. The Democratic candidate in Georgia is also refusing to concede, given that her opponent was the guy overseeing the election.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fox News Channel turned out to be a winner in the midterm elections, besting all competition from both broadcast and cable news rivals during their coverage Tuesday night, according to early ratings numbers from Nielsen Media Research. Fox News averaged 7.8. million viewers during the primetime hours; NBC came in second with 5.7 million viewers, followed by ABC (5.2 million), CNN (5 million) and MSNBC (4.7 million). CBS landed in last place with 3.9 million viewers.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Supporters of Tennessee Senator-elect Marsha Blackburn called out Taylor Swift after Blackburn's victory over the singer's preferred candidate, former Gov. Phil Bredesen. Back in October, Swift publicly rebuked Blackburn and endorsed Bredesen in an Instagram post. "Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me," she said. Well--------Blackburn won by 11 points :!: Shove it Taylor :!: :down: :Bonk:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well i never thought she had any impact to begin with. When they announce record registration they never said it was only after swift made a suicide pact with Democrats, and they never said it was Democrat registrations over say independents or republicans. Swift is big enough I doubt it’ll hurt her career much but she has lost a few fans, maybe thousands out of millions. As long as she doesn’t Dixie chick it in the future she’ll be ok.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Affidavit filed by Broward Election’s employee in support of Caldwell lawsuit provides eye witness account of Elections staff filling in blank ballots. When this was reported the employee was fired and told not to come back :!: :hair: :cuss:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

You have those strange voting machines in the US - but we still vote like this!

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:You have those strange voting machines in the US - but we still vote like this!

[video][/video]
and that way still works. We get these d**n recounts because the smart political people want to be seen modernizing the system, when it worked before. We also get political parties trying to read a ballot for a candidate if the are Democrat or republican, and left a vote blank for senator