The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Mark Hughes: Batman v Superman, which met with overwhelmingly negative critical reception, constant media coverage of that negative reception, less enthusiastic audience scores relative to past Batman-featuring films (and even Man of Steel), an underperformance of $873 million, and widespread complaints that Superman seemed too dour and was bogged down in perpetually questioning his mission and even the worthiness of humanity at times. The terrible results for Batman v Superman of course led to widespread changes in Warner's approach to the DCEU, and a last-minute rush to make adjustments for Justice League. We all know how that turned out, of course. Taking about $658 million worldwide, Justice League was an undeniable failure. I won't call it a true "flop," since it made enough to qualify as a blockbuster; but it failed because it didn't recoup its costs, it was the lowest-grossing film of the entire DCEU to date, it was a critical failure, and it once again received mixed audience scores.
interesting how the spin about cavill seems to be he tried but the dcu wasn’t all that good. Fans aren’t outraged he’s gone (I think most bond fans would be the same about Craig at this point)
Cavill could have made interesting Superman movies if WB was not obsessed with the avengers. But even man of steel had problems mainly Zack Snyder, the man chosen to envision Christopher Nolan’s vision for Superman with the sensibilities of Batman begins, Snyder’s vision was off the real character, Lois Lane really was miscast and the overall theme was out of focus, still I enjoyed it but this mistake polluted four movies with wonder woman distancing itself and succeeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Scrolling down on B.O. Mojo shows the top 10 un-adjusted worldwide gross, which for the most part mirrors the U.S. figures, so I'd say it's the same.
you’re right but I’ve had this argument with the Craigites for a long time I know what argument they’ll jump towards. Fact is none of Craig’s movies except for SF actually were a improvement on his predecessors.
CR cost as much or more than DAD( even though eon at one pint used GBP to make it lol like they spent less) it sold fewer DVDs and Blu-ray but somehow it saved the franchise. In retrospect it was the beginning of the end eon had run out of enthusiasm for the series years ago and were happy enough to let the ego of one actor determine their strategy.
I’m surprised after all these years to see so many of Brosnan’s movies are still near the top, the hype for Craig is so entrenched in common knowledge the facts seem like strange novelties.

I’m still kind of annoyed dalton never got a fair chance at the role but he was very much Fleming’s Bond. There was a interview with Q in the 1990s for one on the DVD’s (maybe) where he shrugged his shoulders and says dalton was Fleming bond and the audience didn’t care for it.

I wholeheartedly agree, to add to your point about Dalton I also agree he is Fleming's Bond, certainly light-years more so than Craig! I was watching The Living Daylights the other day and was hit with an early Connery vibe as well. Dalton actually conveys introspection and contemplation that were hallmarks of Fleming, unlike Craig who simply scowls and grunts then calls it character development. I think Dalton's downfall aside from the troubles plaguing the producers in the 90's was the ultra dark, violent tone of Licence to Kill. EON tried too hard to ride the coattails of Scarface and Miami Vice (which themselves were fading into the background of pop culture). Had the film been just a bit lighter in it's approach I think he would have been remembered quite a bit more fondly.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It now turns out that a video has been uncovered exposing GOOGLE as a left-wing organization of politics, not just a search engine that people use 90% of the time when wanting answers to questions on the internet :!: :cuss: Silicon Valley has become a stealth propaganda machine pushing forth left-wing ideals by manipulating their content to suit their goals, which are a waste of time :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Neal Purvis and Robert Wade are returning to James Bond for a seventh time, following Danny Boyle’s late-hour departure from the project :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Meaning that their previously rejected script was dig out of a skip somewhere (dumpster if you're American).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:Meaning that their previously rejected script was dig out of a skip somewhere (dumpster if you're American).

And if their previous creations are any indicator I'd say that is precisely where it belongs!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Meaning that their previously rejected script was dig out of a skip somewhere (dumpster if you're American).

And if their previous creations are any indicator I'd say that is precisely where it belongs!
I also think it means production is waaayy behind pulling out a unfinished script by guys who had no idea where to take bond just a year ago.

To add to this point they were the team who when given the rights to CR in the late 1999 early 2000 thought there was nothing to work with until Quinten Tarantino had his take on it.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Scrolling down on B.O. Mojo shows the top 10 un-adjusted worldwide gross, which for the most part mirrors the U.S. figures, so I'd say it's the same.
you’re right but I’ve had this argument with the Craigites for a long time I know what argument they’ll jump towards. Fact is none of Craig’s movies except for SF actually were a improvement on his predecessors.
CR cost as much or more than DAD( even though eon at one pint used GBP to make it lol like they spent less) it sold fewer DVDs and Blu-ray but somehow it saved the franchise. In retrospect it was the beginning of the end eon had run out of enthusiasm for the series years ago and were happy enough to let the ego of one actor determine their strategy.
I’m surprised after all these years to see so many of Brosnan’s movies are still near the top, the hype for Craig is so entrenched in common knowledge the facts seem like strange novelties.

I’m still kind of annoyed dalton never got a fair chance at the role but he was very much Fleming’s Bond. There was a interview with Q in the 1990s for one on the DVD’s (maybe) where he shrugged his shoulders and says dalton was Fleming bond and the audience didn’t care for it.

I wholeheartedly agree, to add to your point about Dalton I also agree he is Fleming's Bond, certainly light-years more so than Craig! I was watching The Living Daylights the other day and was hit with an early Connery vibe as well. Dalton actually conveys introspection and contemplation that were hallmarks of Fleming, unlike Craig who simply scowls and grunts then calls it character development. I think Dalton's downfall aside from the troubles plaguing the producers in the 90's was the ultra dark, violent tone of Licence to Kill. EON tried too hard to ride the coattails of Scarface and Miami Vice (which themselves were fading into the background of pop culture). Had the film been just a bit lighter in it's approach I think he would have been remembered quite a bit more fondly.
I think given what Dalton has said about LTK imho cubby and the director were in a rush to quickly churn out a product to cash in on a fad four years too late. Robocop and other violent movies and shows like Miami vice had run the course more or less, bond didn’t need to copy it. It was also the summer of blockbuster that would change Hollywood for the next decade some of it was bad timing.
So like many bond movies it had the curse of some really good thought out script points and many more scenes that only exist to get from stunt to stunt. LTK nail a lot of great Fleming bond moments to overdo it later. I think they put more thought into TLD and were in a rush for LTK. Seems to be eons MO, try harder on new bond introductions and wing the rest of it.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: I also think it means production is waaayy behind pulling out a unfinished script by guys who had no idea where to take bond just a year ago.

To add to this point they were the team who when given the rights to CR in the late 1999 early 2000 thought there was nothing to work with until Quinten Tarantino had his take on it.
Why should this film be any different than the last 4, all they need is the roughest of outlines, if even that, then continue writing while the film shoots right up until the premiere!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Richard Madden:Scottish:32 years old...........your thoughts?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to Deadline, the screenwriters have turned in their "treatment", which the duo will now 'work on turning into a script'. :shock: It's not quite as big as finding a new director, but it's progress. The writing duo is reportedly using 'elements' from Danny Boyle's script, so the director's version of Bond 25 will live on in 'some form'. There's no word on any plot details, which probably won't surface in an official capacity until 'sometime after the script is turned in'.........................13 months until UK release and counting-------TICK-------TOCK-------- :hair:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:According to Deadline, the screenwriters have turned in their "treatment", which the duo will now 'work on turning into a script'. :shock: It's not quite as big as finding a new director, but it's progress. The writing duo is reportedly using 'elements' from Danny Boyle's script, so the director's version of Bond 25 will live on in 'some form'. There's no word on any plot details, which probably won't surface in an official capacity until 'sometime after the script is turned in'.........................13 months until UK release and counting-------TICK-------TOCK-------- :hair:

As I said earlier par for the course, only this time it's gotten a bit more publicity due to Boyle's departure. Just come up with a rough sketch in order to cast the major roles and scout locations then write each scene as they shoot. Same as it ever was, fans of mediocrity rejoice!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:Image Richard Madden:Scottish:32 years old...........your thoughts?

Handsome with dark hair - no chance of being cast by Barbara! :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He willl probably be cast as the new Superman

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Image Richard Madden:Scottish:32 years old...........your thoughts?

Handsome with dark hair - no chance of being cast by Barbara! :wink:
He's also short for Bond. I also find him to be more cute handsome than classically handsome like Bond should be.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

New book of Bond cocktails from Ian Fleming Publications: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... s/?ref=rss

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Snagging a 7.4/13 result in metered market ratings, the NBC Emmy Awards broadcasted, and Michael Che and Colin Jost hosted, 70th Primetime Emmy awards fell to an "all-time low" on Monday :!: In terms of viewers, the early returns showed the program hosted by Saturday Night Live cast members Michael Che and Colin Jost delivered about 9.1 million viewers, down from 11.8 million for the 2017 event hosted by Stephen Colbert on CBS. Ratings were also down 32 percent from the last time NBC broadcast the event in 2014------These morons keep proving me right event by event :!: Hollywood is a bastion of 'deplorable', mostly unintelligent, frauds and wastes of humanity thinking they are our rulers in thought and what is right :!: It's a cultural war, and it will turn violent, as these left-wing dolts keep losing their hold on the national narrative, as they continue to foment hatred and division in this country :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Julie Chen is leaving ‘The Talk’ following Les Moonves’ exit............no surprise there. Chen cannot do a talk show criticizing men while married to Mooves. This morning, tv host Wendy Williams blasted Chen as a 'nefarious' woman, who people do not like, 'behind the scenes' of The Talk. She claimed Chen is uppity and that Mooves basically bought her show Emmy awards........Hollywood eating it's own :!: :clap:
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Parsons in Enter the Dragon spoke just like the older Sean Connery.

- Whatsh your shtyle?, Show me shome of it, Where elshe? :lol:

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Count has returned :!: Image