The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

REMOVE Barbara immediately from her chair :!: :!: :!:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :hair:
OK now Babs is just trolling classic Bond fans
:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

"Superman" actress Margot Kidder's death has been ruled a suicide, and her daughter said Wednesday it's a relief to finally have the truth out. Kidder, who played Lois Lane opposite Christopher Reeve's Superman in her most famous role, was found by a friend in her Montana home on May 13.

At the time, Kidder's manager, Camilla Fluxman Pines, said Kidder died peacefully in her sleep.

A statement released Wednesday by Park County coroner Richard Wood said the 69-year-old Kidder "died as a result of a self-inflicted drug and alcohol overdose" and that no further details would be released.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sad, but not surprising. She had long struggled with depression.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

New Idris Elba as James Bond Rumor Is "All Made Up Stuff"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ff-1133979
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Image
Yeah, that's what I thought. This is why I don't tear my hair out over every tabloid rumour.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

OK, well, someone was trolling classic Bond fans, even if this time it wasn't Barbara. For once it was a rumor I found somewhat convincing because it's a slightly exaggerated version of just the sort of things she does say about Bond.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

acid wrote:OK, well, someone was trolling classic Bond fans, even if this time it wasn't Barbara. For once it was a rumor I found somewhat convincing because it's a slightly exaggerated version of just the sort of things she does say about Bond.
To be specific, December 2017 podcast with the Hollywood Reporter

Question: Would you ever hire a person of color or a woman to play James Bond one day?

Broccoli: Anything is possible. Right now, it’s Daniel Craig and I’m very happy with Daniel Craig.

URL: https://player.fm/series/awards-chatter ... -liverpool

Meanwhile, 2015 story with headline: Bond Producers Think Idris Elba Would Make a Great James Bond

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/29/bond-pr ... ames-bond/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

That's what made me disbelieve it. It's an old story that has been debunked by Idris himself. But Bond fans seem to have the memories of goldfish. Expect this to pop up again in a year or two, and to provoke exactly the same outrage all over again.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don’t know if it’s the fans or reporters/PR agencies who like making up “trouble”.

The way bond has promoted itself all my life has be tabloid at best. Leaks and set photos, rewarding tabloids with access for “ finding and returning” something someone from the production company dropped. Last 18 years it rumor mongering, recently (5-6 years) its blatant click bait mentality to try to keep interest up. The same sources recycling bad information to get attention and now it’s mindlessly spammed out there by bots and web sites desperate for clicks they don’t check content.

I suspect allowing this to happen is a EON strategy. If it were not then they could put the rumors down quickly.

Look at how major movies are run for the last ten years, yes some photos leak but even on the Deadpool set there is more secrecy than most government intelligence agencies. Even for a small and unimportant franchise like Deadpool they would never allow rumor mill like bonds to exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:"Superman" actress Margot Kidder's death has been ruled a suicide, and her daughter said Wednesday it's a relief to finally have the truth out. Kidder, who played Lois Lane opposite Christopher Reeve's Superman in her most famous role, was found by a friend in her Montana home on May 13.

At the time, Kidder's manager, Camilla Fluxman Pines, said Kidder died peacefully in her sleep.

A statement released Wednesday by Park County coroner Richard Wood said the 69-year-old Kidder "died as a result of a self-inflicted drug and alcohol overdose" and that no further details would be released.
honestly this was more realistic than “ passing peacefully during the night”

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Oscars to introduce "popular film" category (to loud mocking from the peanut gallery, aka Twitter): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45115581

yeah this has kind of blown up in their faces for several reasons.
They probably should move when the oscars are held or make it ever two years.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

acid wrote:
Omega wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:The Earl Grey drinker is coming back:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... luc-picard
Patrick Stewart to reprise role as Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard

Actor will play Picard in series chronicling his adventures after Next Generation

Patrick Stewart is to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard in a new series of Star Trek.

The character, who featured in Star Trek: The Next Generation and a handful of films, will return in the new CBS All Access series, which will reveal the next chapter of Picard’s life.
how? Paramount blew up that timeline. It’s a good idea but have they given up on the reboot?
I hope they have. It's even less like classic Trek than Craig-Bond is like classic Bond. OK, it had a bit of Nimoy while he was still with us, but someone seemed to have decided it was a good idea to rip all the science out of it and mash in ideas from Star Wars.

Omega wrote:Strange how much credit is given to the new movies for “revitalizing” Star Trek but none of the movies made money and none of them beat what the original movies did with tiny budgets.
That's because it's mostly hype.

I think bringing back Picard is definitely a step in the right direction but I'm absolutely reserving judgment until I see the series. The scripts need to be written by someone that knows and loves Trek and has a healthy respect for the canon. No dumbing it down or doing things just for shock value.
What is the current state of Trek? New movies? Seem stalled. Dunno anything beside talks with Kirk and his papa broke down.
I still haven’t seen the new series because it CBS subscriber BS, I don’t even know if it’s still being made.

Picard series is a good one on the face of it but they could F’it up.

James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Barbara is just being diplomatic when she says Bond could potentially be a black actor in the future. She can't really say anything else. I think Idris has done well to get a load of publicity and mischief out of this but he'll be in his late forties by the time the next film has been and gone and is already too old for the part. The big question is whether or not we get a new actor for 2022 or if they all somehow contrive to keep Daniel Craig AGAIN for that one. It feels like he's been Bond for about a hundred years. :(
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: The way bond has promoted itself all my life has be tabloid at best. Leaks and set photos, rewarding tabloids with access for “ finding and returning” something someone from the production company dropped. Last 18 years it rumor mongering, recently (5-6 years) its blatant click bait mentality to try to keep interest up. The same sources recycling bad information to get attention and now it’s mindlessly spammed out there by bots and web sites desperate for clicks they don’t check content.

I suspect allowing this to happen is a EON strategy. If it were not then they could put the rumors down quickly.
And when I suggested on another forum that EON should exercise the same level of information management/rumour control as literally every other major entertainment franchise, I got called a whiny, entitled fanboy, This is why we can't have nice things.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image
he’s been in literally ever other spy franchise so why not

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: The way bond has promoted itself all my life has be tabloid at best. Leaks and set photos, rewarding tabloids with access for “ finding and returning” something someone from the production company dropped. Last 18 years it rumor mongering, recently (5-6 years) its blatant click bait mentality to try to keep interest up. The same sources recycling bad information to get attention and now it’s mindlessly spammed out there by bots and web sites desperate for clicks they don’t check content.

And when I suggested on another forum that EON should exercise the same level of information management/rumour control as literally every other major entertainment franchise, I got called a whiny, entitled fanboy, This is why we can't have nice things.
they are not professional on so many levels, but we are supposed to like their quaint mom and pop operation while the act f like Hollywood big shots. I get why cubby did it, he kind of beat the odds by picking up the rights to a winning series during a time of independent film makers stilling being able to get their movies out. Babs is part of the system

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Seems I've fallen behind on several topics!

I agree with Kris and O, EON does seem to be relying heavily on rumor and innuendo to get information out. Sometimes I think Babz believes EON IS MI6 with how tight lipped they are, at least officially.

As for "Bond of color" he's coming, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of our lives (as Bogart would have put it). However like James and Kris, I know (if EON has a brain in their head, I know that's a big if) it will not be Elba. If we were talking about the next film (Bond 25) I'd believe it, but as James points out he will be almost 50 by the time they start shooting Bond 26.

All the talk of Trek perfectly illustrates the current state of Hollywood with all the re-boots, re-makes, re-hashes, and re-treads in both film and T.V. with no thought or concern for fans of the original product. The real irony with Trek is that property literally spawned the obsessive fan! You know the old trope of two Trekkies debating Capt. Kirk's safe combination in episode 473 (episode # made up for poor comedic effect) so for this group of producers to show the hubris of retconing the original characters even going so far as to remake entire plot lines is ridiculous!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image