The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Cruise doesn't out "Bond", Bond he out "Bonds" Craig!
so true sir.
We finally got to see the movie yesterday it has much better story telling and stunts than anything in the Craig era and I’d say most of the Brosnan era. And it does it on a budget size bond has not seen since twine. Also cruise and the other actors care about putting out a good product and it shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

Can't wait to see Vanessa Kirby in MI6. She mesmerized me as Margaret in The Crown.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rewatched mission impossible rogue nation, together with fallout it blatantly steals the stuff bond would do. To be more accurate what the last 2 mi movies do successful is how Babs and Craig view the incoherent mash up of Batman and Bourne they produced.
So very bondian scenes in rogue nation and fallout. Just how did the bond team miss casting Rebecca Ferguson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Probably the same way they missed to cast someone even remotely suitable for the role instead of Craig.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

The current Hawaii Five-0 series (2010 to present) will open its ninth season with a remake of the pilot from the original series (1968-80).

http://bit.ly/2LXMZIg
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image NYC this weekend. Could Rachel really be a Broccoli surrogate :?: :idea:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I am surprised Weisz is pregnant anyhow. Isn't she 48?They might have gone in vitro I guess. :?:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'll just leave this here.Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

An official update finally came on Monday (August 6) at the TCA press tour when Showtime's Gary Levine told Deadline that all movement on Purity is on hold at least until Daniel Craig finishes work on Bond.

However, the news outlet claims that Craig is still interested in making Purity at some point and that Franzen's shorter version could eventually be revisited.

In the aforementioned New York Times profile on Jonathan Franzen, Purity producer Scott Rudin described the original 20-episode concept as having "excellent" scripts.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I saw that. At first, I thought it was an old story, as I'd assumed the project was dead already. Wasn't this announced pretty much as soon as Craig signed up for Bondspotting?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Will they name the Cr-egg reproduction Barbara or Spectre?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oscars to introduce "popular film" category (to loud mocking from the peanut gallery, aka Twitter): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45115581

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I keep thinking that the next Craig Bond movies in being released in November. Them I remember that it is being released next year. :x
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I keep thinking that the next Craig Bond movies in being released in November. Them I remember that it is being released next year. :x
It sounds like the script has been written already. That's not the EON way! They're supposed to cobble together a script about 6 weeks before principal photography commences.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What has Broccoli done with FBF?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:I'll just leave this here.Image

okay... What :?:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:
okay... What :?:
Just someone's suggestion for an alternative movie timeline.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:What has Broccoli done with FBF?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Omega wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:The Earl Grey drinker is coming back:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/201 ... luc-picard
Patrick Stewart to reprise role as Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard

Actor will play Picard in series chronicling his adventures after Next Generation

Patrick Stewart is to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard in a new series of Star Trek.

The character, who featured in Star Trek: The Next Generation and a handful of films, will return in the new CBS All Access series, which will reveal the next chapter of Picard’s life.
how? Paramount blew up that timeline. It’s a good idea but have they given up on the reboot?
I hope they have. It's even less like classic Trek than Craig-Bond is like classic Bond. OK, it had a bit of Nimoy while he was still with us, but someone seemed to have decided it was a good idea to rip all the science out of it and mash in ideas from Star Wars.

Omega wrote:Strange how much credit is given to the new movies for “revitalizing” Star Trek but none of the movies made money and none of them beat what the original movies did with tiny budgets.
That's because it's mostly hype.

I think bringing back Picard is definitely a step in the right direction but I'm absolutely reserving judgment until I see the series. The scripts need to be written by someone that knows and loves Trek and has a healthy respect for the canon. No dumbing it down or doing things just for shock value.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After years of speculation that Idris Elba would be ideal for the James Bond role, Barbara Broccoli said in conversation with the director Antoine Fuqua that it was time for the famous spy to be played by a black actor :!: :hair: As reported in The Daily Star, Broccoli told Fuqua that ‘it is time’ for a person of colour to get the role and casting an ethnic minority as 007 ‘will happen eventually’. She continued: ‘Idris could do it if he was in shape.’ :shock: .........this woman is a menace :!: