The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Seeing a Shakespeare play(The Tempest)at the Old Globe tonight.Will have to leave a little early to avoid people driving down from L.A. and elsewhere for ComiCon.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote: No word on the theme song though?
That usually comes quite late in the production process. Until then, expect whoever happens to be number one in any given week to be "hotly tipped for the new Bond theme".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Demi Lovato then :mrgreen: on the serious side, I think Dua Lipa would a good choice. Has the right kind of voice.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

A Coral spokesman said: “It is easy to see why punters are backing Tom Hardy to play the next James Bond and following a flurry of bets behind the British actor. He is now the clear favourite to be the next 007.” Meanwhile Norton is in second place at 5-2 followed by Jack Huston at 6-1 and Idris Elba and Aidan Turner at 8-1.-------baloney :!: Who is actually putting down money on this nonsense? Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Oh God, is it bookies' odds on Bond time again? It seems to come earlier every year.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Oh God, is it bookies' odds on Bond time again? It seems to come earlier every year.

must be Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

It's so hot here in Britain (or bits of it). I have not seen any rain for two months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44957090
UK heatwave: Temperature record could be broken this week

The UK's all-time temperature record could be broken by Friday as the hot and dry summer continues.
Highs of up to 37C (99F) are forecast in southern, eastern and central England, but the Met Office says "if conditions all come together", the record of 38.5C (101F) could be beaten.
That was set in Kent in August 2003.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:It's so hot here in Britain (or bits of it). I have not seen any rain for two months.

The UK's all-time temperature record could be broken by Friday as the hot and dry summer continues.
Highs of up to 37C (99F) are forecast in southern, eastern and central England, but the Met Office says "if conditions all come together", the record of 38.5C (101F) could be beaten.
Not just Britain. We are off to Greece in just over a month. They will probably still be clearing up the damage from the terrible wildfires there.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

carl stromberg wrote:It's so hot here in Britain (or bits of it). I have not seen any rain for two months.

It's been hot here,too.Getting better,but slowly.Don't really feel like cooking much so am subsisting on yogurt and cereal(not in the same meal)and whatever I can find that doesn't need to be cooked.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to the American Psychological Association, millennials are the most stressed out generation ever. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the unhappiness and uncertainty that millennial women experience toward their profession are leading them to hit career burnout before age "30." :shock: Burnout is described in the ICD-10 as a “state of vital exhaustion.” It includes emotional exhaustion or fatigue, depersonalization, isolation and dissatisfaction with one's level of personal accomplishment. Burnout is related to chronic stress and often exhibited as cynicism. Over the last several years, much discussion has been focused on whether burnout should be considered a stand-alone illness, but it is not currently recognized on its own as a mental disorder.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mission Impossible: Fallout now:
TOMATOMETER

98%
Average Rating: 8.4/10
Reviews Counted: 134
Fresh: 131
Rotten: 3 Image FBF has gone AWOL from us :!: Will he return to comment on this Bond-ish film?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's net worth has fallen more than $16 billion after the company reported weaker-than-expected second-quarter results and issued guidance that its financial future isn't as rosy as some investors thought it might be. Set against this backdrop, one activist investor wants Zuckerberg out as the firm's chairman. :ROFL:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Zuckerberg has been getting side eye from a lot of people(myself included)for a while.Literally the only reason I have it is because of keeping in touch with certain family members and friends.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:Zuckerberg has been getting side eye from a lot of people(myself included)for a while.Literally the only reason I have it is because of keeping in touch with certain family members and friends.
You don't need Facebook for that. Your simple emails and telephone are quite sufficient. I still believe Facebook is a fading fad.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Henry Cavill: “I think Bond would be a really fun role. It’s British, it’s cool.”

He continued: “I think that now that I have my Mission: Impossible badge we can do real stunts and really amp it up as well. I would love to do it of course,” he told Yahoo Movies. "I'd love to play a Brit. I don't get to play a Brit very often. So yes, I would love the opportunity and if they were to ask I would say 'yes'." Image Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Henry Cavill: “I think Bond would be a really fun role. It’s British, it’s cool.”

He continued: “I think that now that I have my Mission: Impossible badge we can do real stunts and really amp it up as well. I would love to do it of course,” he told Yahoo Movies. "I'd love to play a Brit. I don't get to play a Brit very often. So yes, I would love the opportunity and if they were to ask I would say 'yes'." Image Image

No sorry, way too handsome, too suave and too debonair! That is certainly not Bond! Bring on the rejects from the Quasimodo casting call, that's what I call gritty!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Sanctuary! Sanctuary! Sanctuary much" - Tony Hancock.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The CBS CEO, one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, is accused of unwanted kissing and touching in a New Yorker article set to be published Friday. The New Yorker is poised to publish an article by Ronan Farrow that includes allegations of sexual misconduct on the part of embattled CBS chairman and CEO Leslie Moonves, The Hollywood Reporter has learned :!: Julie's Chen's hubby to boot so how does the so-called "women's rights" advocate explain this about her hubby, who she married after only 2 weeks of his divorce in 2003, by the way :?: :!: Chen has zero appeal, cannot interview properly, is a joke on CBS' Big Brother, and yet, being the CEO's 'current' partner, remains on CBS. Where is the outrage by the media about this Colbert boss? :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

BBC Culture just published an article on Kevin McClory and Warhead. Thought I'd share, even though I doubt it will tell anyone here anything they don't already know: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201807 ... ocid=twcul

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Six women have accused CBS Chairman and CEO Les Moonves of sexual harassment, according to Ronan Farrow's latest report, published by The New Yorker on Friday.
Additionally, more than two dozen company employees, past and present, detailed incidents of harassment, gender discrimination or retaliation at CBS, the report said :!: In response to the story, Moonves, 68, provided a statement to The New Yorker saying, "I recognize that there were times decades ago when I may have made some women uncomfortable by making advances." He continued: "Those were mistakes, and I regret them immensely. But I always understood and respected -- and abided by the principle -- that 'no' means 'no,' and I have never misused my position to harm or hinder anyone's career."----------Stephen Colbert's boss to boot :!: What will 'wifey' Julie Chen say now after he resigns most likely?