The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

RIP to Spider-Man and Doctor Strange creator Steve Ditko: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... 90-1125489

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like Veronica and I are going to be on opposing sides in the next World Cup match.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

If Croatia beat England in the World Cup I think Veronica should be banned. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bit harsh.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:If Croatia beat England in the World Cup I think Veronica should be banned. :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's a relatively small price to pay. 8)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Nice to know we mean so much to you. Hey, if England win tomorrow, does that mean I get banned?

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Just kidding. Bond has an edge over football, at least when it comes to me. :jack:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Croatia v England will be close. But the French look tough to beat in the final.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Croatia v England will be close. But the French look tough to beat in the final.
I wanted to see Belgium in the final vecause they were really good throughout the whole tournament and they never got to the finals before. It would be nice to have two first time finalists on Sunday,at least for me. Alas, France was better in the 2nd half and Belgia lacked luck when a little luck was needed.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's going to be a dilemma if England lose tonight. Who do we support in the final - the team that beat us, or France?

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:It's going to be a dilemma if England lose tonight. Who do we support in the final - the team that beat us, or France?

That depends on how much do you like French, I guess.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I have bet on Croatia winning on penalties. If the nightmare happens (for England fans) then at least I win some money. When England are playing a knockout game in a tournament I bet on the opposing team to win on penalties, so I have won some money in the past.

England's opponents are normally 14-1 to win on penalties, but this time they Croatia were 8-1 to win on pens. So maybe there have been similar bets to mine.
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I don't think I could handle the third penalties in a row. :hair: BUT, if we would win we would be the first team ever to win three consecutive games in a row on penalties.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Could happen. As I type this, Croatia have just equalised, 1-1.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I guess I need to handle them. Dear god, can nothing ever go smoothly in the last three games?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sigh. Oh well, at least we get another chance to beat Belgium.

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Good luck. I have to say your coach's style is on point. BUT.... :clap: :Happy: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:I guess I need to handle them. Dear god, can nothing ever go smoothly in the last three games?
Thankfully it didn't come to penalties. Croatia looked a bit tired at first, but then suddenly came back to life Shaolin soccer style.

[video][/video]

Congratulations to your team, Veronica, and good luck in the finals!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

To tell you the truth, in the first half Croatia seemed like it was just phoning in... kind of like Craig in the last... three movies? Anyhow, I thought it was over, England was better and faster.
And now France... urgh, tough cookie that's for sure. Very tough.
Good luck with Belgium.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:Just kidding. Bond has an edge over football, at least when it comes to me. :jack:
Actually I can just see them putting a "twist" into Bond 25. The PTS opens to Craig apparently undercover as a violent, beer swilling football hooligan. Then the twist is revealed. He's not undercover. It's more of a pastime.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."