The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

There’s a big section of comics not sold to children, Babs likes to say bond is a anti hero well there are comics like Deadpool and other more what used to be underground comics that are anti hero counter culture, in Deadpool’s case it’s also making fun of the overly intense mutant super hero universe.

Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and many others are aimed at young audiences and are more wholesome. X-men and even the ninja turtles (comics) were meant for teenagers to adults because of the topics covered. Maybe Deadpool the movie goes too far, I don’t know for sure since I haven’t read a lot of the comics, but what I have seen Deadpool is more tame in the movie. In the comics The two voices in his head are funnier, and he has a history making raunchy jokes in inappropriate situations. Like getting a ride from Spider-Man to a battle. Just the videos made for the Deadpool game goes farther than some scenes in the movie. But yes it’s not a proper superhero movie and exists on the very fringes of the marvel universe which is why it’s not properly part of the X-men universe and nothing to do with the Disney marvel universe.
The first class X-men trilogy is very good and Fox makes sure to let the audience know Deadpool is not accepted by the proper X-men universe, which is why none of the main characters appear in the Deadpool movie and the X-men characters that do point out how awful Deadpool is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Five days ago, here in NYC. :roll: Broccoli deems this hideous thing the most handsome man in the world :!: :hair: Where is Veronica? Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image This should be Bond now :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Is anyone else having Tapatalk problems? Since the latest update, I find that it just buffers endlessly on the unread posts tab. I can only get into this forum on my PC.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Is anyone else having Tapatalk problems? Since the latest update, I find that it just buffers endlessly on the unread posts tab. I can only get into this forum on my PC.
I’m using the iPhone app with no issue like that. Maybe reboot (turn it off and back on) the phone ??
My guess it’s android app error .

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:Five days ago, here in NYC. :roll: Broccoli deems this hideous thing the most handsome man in the world :!: :hair: Where is Veronica? Image Image
That is a hair DON'T. :x :x
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Is anyone else having Tapatalk problems? Since the latest update, I find that it just buffers endlessly on the unread posts tab. I can only get into this forum on my PC.
I’m using the iPhone app with no issue like that. Maybe reboot (turn it off and back on) the phone ??

But if he reboots it, won't it come out all "dark", "gritty," and "realistic"?!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:

But if he reboots it, won't it come out all "dark", "gritty," and "realistic"?!
sounds like the DC universe ;)
I’m still wondering what in the Dan Craig universe was supposed to be realistic ? Or gritty for that matter.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

For Captain Flandry, a new Police Academy documentary is on the way: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/poli ... ce-academy
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There are new allegations of sexual harassment against former "CBS This Morning" anchor Charlie Rose. The Washington Post reported Thursday that 27 more women have come forward to say they were harassed by Rose -- 14 of them at CBS News, and 13 elsewhere. The Post's initial investigation of Rose led to his firing by CBS last fall.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] The moment sports reporter whacks fan with her microphone after she is GROPED live on air while reporting on a Mexican football match :!: How many of these will be future dreamers :?:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hulkamania could once again run wild in the WWE -- TMZ Sports has learned plans to bring Hulk Hogan back to the squared circle are currently underway :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dashing Poldark star Aidan Turner, who is tipped to replace Daniel Craig when he steps down from his James Bond role, has finally broken his silence on whether he wants to play 007.

‘There’s someone else playing the role at the moment but when it’s free I’ll have a look at it,’ :clap: he admitted during a private screening in London this week.

The 34-year-old, who has previously declined to comment on the role, was backed by former Bond Sir Roger Moore before he died last year. Aidan Turner is set to leave Poldark too.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Dashing Poldark star Aidan Turner, who is tipped to replace Daniel Craig when he steps down from his James Bond role, has finally broken his silence on whether he wants to play 007.

‘There’s someone else playing the role at the moment but when it’s free I’ll have a look at it,’ :clap: he admitted during a private screening in London this week.

The 34-year-old, who has previously declined to comment on the role, was backed by former Bond Sir Roger Moore before he died last year. Aidan Turner is set to leave Poldark too.
is there somebody in the role now? Yes Craig has a job at eon and supposedly was hired as James Bond, but he is just lingering decomposing.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Poldark season 5 has just been announced, so he'll be tied up for a while. I don't blame him for being circumspect. I'm guessing that deep down, he's probably desperate for Craig to drop out (as are we all), but it would be career suicide to actually say so out loud. Lobbying too aggressively for a role is generally frowned upon in the movie business.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

https://youtu.be/LbWbcDr4Umk better than any recent Bond theme by a mile. :007:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:For Captain Flandry, a new Police Academy documentary is on the way: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/poli ... ce-academy
Some interesting posts in the comments too!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Dashing Poldark star Aidan Turner, who is tipped to replace Daniel Craig when he steps down from his James Bond role, has finally broken his silence on whether he wants to play 007.

is there somebody in the role now? Yes Craig has a job at eon and supposedly was hired as James Bond, but he is just lingering decomposing.

Reading Turner's quote I find it interesting in that it is devoid of the typical gushing praise for Craig, it fails to even mention him at all!

I personally believe Craig was retained simply as a place holder while MGM is sold to the highest bidder, giving the new owners the option to continue with him or go with another once the dust settles on the purchase. Having a Bond in place and the perception (whether real or not) of work taking place behind the scenes would help in wooing prospective buyers and driving prices up for the studio. This makes since when you consider the lack of fanfare in Craig's supposed return, simply muttering the proclamation of his come back on one late night program then retreating back into the inky darkness as depicted in Skyfall.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote:

Reading Turner's quote I find it interesting in that it is devoid of the typical gushing praise for Craig, it fails to even mention him at all!

I personally believe Craig was retained simply as a place holder while MGM is sold to the highest bidder, giving the new owners the option to continue with him or go with another once the dust settles on the purchase. Having a Bond in place and the perception (whether real or not) of work taking place behind the scenes would help in wooing prospective buyers and driving prices up for the studio. This makes since when you consider the lack of fanfare in Craig's supposed return, simply muttering the proclamation of his come back on one late night program then retreating back into the inky darkness as depicted in Skyfall.
true he didn’t bend over backwards to praise Craig but then he didn’t sound all the positive on the job either.
Of course if we consider what Craig was doing when Brosnan had the job there was an incredible amount of backstabbing which according to high jackman is what Craig had a reputation of doing to steal roles from people. Brosnan was supposedly in negotiations with mgm and eon to come back Babs was secretly in negotiation to give Craig the job ignoring promises made and talks being with Brosnan. It’s supposed to be a legal no no in Hollywood, they are not supposed to be working behind a actor or casts back to sign another actor. At least according to Alec Baldwin when he described how paramount to woo Harrison ford to the studio made deals with ford while in negotiations with Baldwin.

Again when Brosnan was stabbed in the back the studio was on hard times looking for a bailout or buyers which is how in 2005 Sony was in the drivers seat not mgm. Also the mgm was counting on revenue from the next bond film in 2004 to help their books, Babs didn’t feel like making the movie and so she didn’t. As some like to point her mother died in 2004 leaving her in full control for the first time.

But I agree about the Craig being a place holder with the idea of a $800 to 1 billion dollar guaranteed movie franchise in the works as a way to bolster the sales prospects of mgm, btw if mgm goes bankrupt for real they lose a lot of movie rights including bond , with rights probably going back to the saltzman family.
So many similarities to the post dad bond world including the rumors of a post Fleming book being the next movie source, the cast and crew aside from Craig having no idea if or when the next movie will be made and postponed production. There is no partner, no distributor no final script and no director officially signed.
I wonder if the production centered around Craig can actually get into motion or not.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

If Craig is a placeholder then so is Danny Boyle, I guess.