The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Rip Harry Anderson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's too bad he was one of my favorites.

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Quite frankly, I don't think I even care anymore. Bond was in a coma with CR, life support in QOS (if he were to be saved here is where it could have happened), brain dead in SF and SP finally pulled the plug on him, sending Bond off into the oblivion, not with a bang but a whimper from his long lost brother.
I think I agree dirtybenny, but you're starting to sound like FBF. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
The difference between FBF and me is, he's given up all hope on the series and I believe at some point, hopefully when they recast, it will snap back. In the meantime it's the definition of insanity to hold out hope anything will change in this next film, so I say burn it down! Let Babz and Co. bring the roof down on their head and expose what we've known all along!

Also, unlike FBF, I don't incessantly speak one of 4 prerecorded phrases over and over and over.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Remember what Dalton says DB :!: It will take 20 years of us waiting until 2022 to see if Aidan Turner is the new Bond :!: FBF knows it's true too. [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dirty Benny's brand new theme song to Broccoli at EON :!: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson's connection to the 007 franchise is the 45-year-old’s grandfather Peter Maivia who played a Bond villain in 1967’s You Only Live Twice...............Last year the real reason Connery quit Bond after You Only Live Twice was revealed. According the Telegraph, the actor thought Bond had become boring as the character hadn’t really developed since the first outing, 1962’s Dr No. Tensions were seemingly rife on the Japanese set between Connery and Albert R Broccoli, the franchise’s producer. It turns out their relationship became so bad that Connery would lock himself in his trailer whenever Broccoli visited the set. :shock:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

You know what they should have done? They should have revealed that Blofeld was actually Bond's foster brother :sarcasm:
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:The difference between FBF and me is, he's given up all hope on the series and I believe at some point, hopefully when they recast, it will snap back. In the meantime it's the definition of insanity to hold out hope anything will change in this next film, so I say burn it down! Let Babz and Co. bring the roof down on their head and expose what we've known all along!
I really hope you're right DB. Is there ever a point we give up though? I mean, how many decades do we wait? I suppose there will always be a chance that a true fan can step in to rescue the franchise (I hold out a similar hope with Trek), I mean they brought Bond back from the brink before* but times were different then and they still had Cubby as well.
dirtybenny wrote:Also, unlike FBF, I don't incessantly speak one of 4 prerecorded phrases over and over and over.
Well I did think that too but I bit my lip. :wink: Maybe a few more decades of this insanity and we'll all be reduced to muttering the same things over and over. I hope not.

*OK, it was never ever this bad. Never even close.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:You know what they should have done? They should have revealed that Blofeld was actually Bond's foster brother :sarcasm:
they could have cast his brother and saved him from making that bad knock off film.
Connery and every actor to play bond until 2002 complained about no freedom to make the character theirs and development of the character. Personally I believe the story of the the deal , who was it dean Martin?, got for a share of the profits and creative in put upset Connery when saltzman and cubby shut him out any similar deal.

............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:You know what they should have done? They should have revealed that Blofeld was actually Bond's foster brother :sarcasm:
Indeed Kris! Or perhaps if they had included a marathon session of Texas Hold'em Poker in DAF they could have convinced him to stay!
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:The difference between FBF and me is, he's given up all hope on the series and I believe at some point, hopefully when they recast, it will snap back. In the meantime it's the definition of insanity to hold out hope anything will change in this next film, so I say burn it down! Let Babz and Co. bring the roof down on their head and expose what we've known all along!
I really hope you're right DB. Is there ever a point we give up though? I mean, how many decades do we wait? I suppose there will always be a chance that a true fan can step in to rescue the franchise (I hold out a similar hope with Trek), I mean they brought Bond back from the brink before* but times were different then and they still had Cubby as well.

I'll reassess when they recast, judging by whom they cast and what sort of film they cast them in.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip Barbara Bush

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Last week, early box office tracking numbers came in for Avengers: Infinity War, putting it's opening weekend between $175 million and $200 million, but new numbers indicate it'll be much higher. The initial projections surprised many fans, since it came in under Black Panther's impressive three-day debut of $202 million, but a new report puts its opening weekend between $235 million and $255 million. If it reaches the high end of this projection, it would eclipse the $247.9 million record set in December 2015 by Star Wars: The Force Awakens. With less than two weeks to go, and anticipation growing by the minute, it may be possible for Avengers: Infinity War to break The Force Awakens' three-year box office record. These new tracking numbers come just days after ticket retailer Fandango reported that Avengers: Infinity War was out-selling the past seven Marvel Cinematic Universe movies combined, and that its ticket sales were already double what Black Panther had made at the same point in both movies' pre-release cycle.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bruno Sammartino, Pittsburgh's wrestling legend, dies at 82. :cry: According to PWInsider, Sammartino had been hospitalized, although details over the cause of death remained unknown as of press time. Pittsburgh’s CBS-affiliate KDKA reported the former wrestler had battled health issues for several months and passed away peacefully with his wife and two kids by his side.
Last edited by bjmdds on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Rip Barbara Bush

Outrage as California professor Randa Jarrar calls Barbara Bush 'amazing racist' and says she's happy 'witch is dead' :!: :shock: A university professor in California has sparked a social media uproar after calling former first lady Barbara Bush an “amazing racist” who raised a “war criminal,” and saying she’s “happy the witch is dead.” :shock: 'PSA: either you are against these pieces of s*** and their genocidal ways or you're part of the problem. That's actually how simple this is. I'm happy the witch is dead. Can't wait for the rest of her family to fall to their demise the way 1.5 million Iraqis have,' she wrote. :shock: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] It looks mighty tasty :!: :up:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Variety reports: “ MGM announced last summer that it would open Bond 25 on November 8, 2019 [in the US], but it’s unlikely to do so.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Variety reports: “ MGM announced last summer that it would open Bond 25 on November 8, 2019 [in the US], but it’s unlikely to do so.”
what what what!!????!

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Variety reports: “ MGM announced last summer that it would open Bond 25 on November 8, 2019 [in the US], but it’s unlikely to do so.”
what what what!!????!
Why so surprised O? It'll just be delayed.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

acid wrote:
Omega wrote:
what what what!!????!
Why so surprised O? It'll just be delayed.
no, it’s just they always deny there are any hiccups

acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Omega wrote:
acid wrote:Why so surprised O? It'll just be delayed.
no, it’s just they always deny there are any hiccups
Hmm that's true. Bigger hiccup maybe then? Or some kind of bluff?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Rachel Weisz is expecting a Craiglet. Will Danny quit to spend more time with his family? We can only hope.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig