The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

John P. Drake wrote:If anybody's interested in how Gavin would've fared as Bond, look for OSS 117: Double Agent (1968). It's an outright James Bond knock-off and even features Luciana Palluzzi and Curt Jurgens.
[video][/video] After George Lazenby quit the role of James Bond, producers Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman began the search for a new actor to play the role. They ultimately decided on veteran actor John Gavin and actually signed him to star in "Diamonds Are Forever" before United Artists gave Sean Connery a huge pay increase to return to the role. Gavin apparently became a serious contender for the part after appearing in the 1968 French spy film "OSS 117: Double Agent" opposite future Bond villain Curd Jürgens. "Time was getting awfully short", said producer Albert Broccoli. "We had to have someone in the bullpen". Head of United Artists, David Picker, however, wanted the box-office insurance of Sean Connery, and made Connery a highly lucrative offer to return as Bond. Gavin's contract was still honored in full. According to Roger Moore's James Bond Diary, Gavin also was slated to play Bond in Live and Let Die (1973), but Harry Saltzman insisted on a British actor for the role and Roger Moore played the role instead.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just watched, for the first time, Spider-Man:Homecoming on the Starz channel. I cannot believe this garbage earned $880 million worldwide :!: Holland is totally awful, portraying an immature and moronic 15 year old Spider-boy, who has a crush on a miscast "27 year old" :shock: Laura Harrier, who has absolutely no chemistry with him whatsoever. Michael Keaton turns out to be one of the worst superhero villains of all time :!: The director even threw in Zendaya's comment about the Washington Monument being built by slaves :!: What the hell is going on with these idiotic directors who continue to throw in their underlying politics into these superhero/scify films? :!: Toby Maguire's trilogy was so much better than the last 3 versions of Spider-Man IMHO.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Still haven't seen it yet, but I'm not opposed on principle to a teenage Spiderman. That's how the character was originally conceived, after all. It was kind of a novelty when it was first published, as before that, teenagers were always the sidekick, like Robin.

Makes me feel old knowing that Dominic Holland's son is now Spiderman, though. It seems like only yesterday that I was watching his dad perform his stand-up act at a Bristol comedy club. I think it was him who first came up with the gag about creating a new Bond villain, a cross between Blofeld and Oddjob. Called Oddfeld, naturally.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The past is another country, they do things differently there. Apparently, there was a UK Star Trek comic 6 months before the TV show debuted on British TV. Unfortunately, the writer and artist only had publicity stills from the show to work from, and often got things hilariously wrong, such as Captain Kurt (sic) landing the Enterprise on a planet :picard: https://www.cbr.com/star-trek-british-comic-tv-series/
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:I just watched, for the first time, Spider-Man:Homecoming on the Starz channel. I cannot believe this garbage earned $880 million worldwide :!: Holland is totally awful, portraying an immature and moronic 15 year old Spider-boy, who has a crush on a miscast "27 year old" :shock: Laura Harrier, who has absolutely no chemistry with him whatsoever. Michael Keaton turns out to be one of the worst superhero villains of all time :!: The director even threw in Zendaya's comment about the Washington Monument being built by slaves :!: What the hell is going on with these idiotic directors who continue to throw in their underlying politics into these superhero/scify films? :!: Toby Maguire's trilogy was so much better than the last 3 versions of Spider-Man IMHO.
His crush was misdirection or defying expectations that everyone seems to be a fan of. Only fans get a hint of who MJ is at the end.

Story is better than the Garfield movie and was in the same BO neighborhood. But new spidy is a good peter Parker but not really got Spider-Man down.

The teachers discomfort of his students realizing the Washington monument was built by slaves was funny and true for kids of the last 15 to 20 years to look past the official history , kind of became popular to find real history left off the official record, but I get it’s a SJW virtue signaling.

I kind of like vulture and Spider-Man could have ignored each other, but didn’t. Could have for the love of the daughter done done something differently but each only did what the felt they had to, very spider-man a good number of Spider-Man villains were not completely unlike able.

I wouldn’t defend toby Mcguires third movie for anything. IMHO this a better story if not completely Spider-Man. I would argue the overweight ethnic side kick ought to offend people, but hasn’t for some reason.
Mcguires first two movies were OK, although not 100% Spider-Man either. In the new movie With the vulture collapsing the building on spidy was trying to rip off the spidy 2 scene when mj realizing who spidy is. But there are problems with mj being spidy s first love too. I don’t think that scene of finding new determination in the new movie worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gregg Wilson resume: Is the green vegetable setting him up to take over with the next Bond in 2022 as she enters in rehab for her love hangover for Cr-egg? 2019- Bond 25 (associate producer) (announced)
2019 -The Rhythm Section (executive producer) (announced)
2015- Spectre (associate producer)
2012 -Skyfall (associate producer)
2008- Quantum of Solace (assistant producer)
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

The Rhythm Section is already in production.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

GW and his brother have been groomed for year to “take over”, kind of how Babs and MGW were producers for years before cubby died and they officially ran the show.

Rhythm section isn’t that one in production hell with the stars hand injured, healed badly and now waiting for new surgeries?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:GW and his brother have been groomed for year to “take over”, kind of how Babs and MGW were producers for years before cubby died and they officially ran the show.
Well, it's common in family-run businesses that the first generation builds it, the second generation screws it up, then the third generation rescues it. Maybe that will be the case here.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The late actor Bill Paxton's family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and the surgeon who operated on Paxton, who died Feb. 25, 2017, at age 61. According to a news release, Paxton's family contends that the surgeon, Ali Khoynezhad, performed an improper procedure that led to the death of the actor, whose cause of death was listed as a stroke, suffered 11 days after he underwent heart surgery. Khoynezhad left his position as a surgeon at Cedars-Sinai shortly after Paxton's death, according to the release. :cuss: Doctors bury their mistakes :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:GW and his brother have been groomed for year to “take over”, kind of how Babs and MGW were producers for years before cubby died and they officially ran the show.

Rhythm section isn’t that one in production hell with the stars hand injured, healed badly and now waiting for new surgeries?

Production on Blake Lively’s spy thriller “The Rhythm Section” will resume in June after the actress recovers from her hand injury. Global Road Entertainment, which is financing and producing the movie, confirmed the resumption on Wednesday. Lively suffered the injury while doing a stunt on the Dublin set in December, leading to a suspension of production. Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson of EON Productions in London, along with Global Road Entertainment and Paramount Pictures had announced on Jan. 29 that production had been suspended indefinitely while the actress recovered.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Black Panther is set to open in theaters on February 16 and is eyeing a potential opening weekend of $150 million at the box office.........It's not the plot of a James Bond movie — Pierce Brosnan is being threatened with jail time. Indian officials are warning the actor that he could face two years behind bars if he doesn't provide an explanation for why he appeared in an advertisement promoting a company that sells mouth-freshening products, including some that contain tobacco, according to the BBC. It's illegal to advertise tobacco products in India.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Black Panther is generating a lot of buzz on social media, though I've no idea whether that will translate into box office success. Releasing it in February (ostensibly to tie in with Black History Month) is a risky move, but it could benefit from the lack of competition in popcorn movies. Most of the films released this time of year are worthy Oscar bait.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Black Panther is set to open in theaters on February 16 and is eyeing a potential opening weekend of $150 million at the box office.........It's not the plot of a James Bond movie — Pierce Brosnan is being threatened with jail time. Indian officials are warning the actor that he could face two years behind bars if he doesn't provide an explanation for why he appeared in an advertisement promoting a company that sells mouth-freshening products, including some that contain tobacco, according to the BBC. It's illegal to advertise tobacco products in India.
Is this a old story? I remember a similar story about a company selling a product the Indian government frowns on tricking foreign actors into appearing in ads they think are for harmless products.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Black Panther is generating a lot of buzz on social media, though I've no idea whether that will translate into box office success. Releasing it in February (ostensibly to tie in with Black History Month) is a risky move, but it could benefit from the lack of competition in popcorn movies. Most of the films released this time of year are worthy Oscar bait.
I’m curious if the big opening for BP will materialize. The hype Seems too good to be true

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Is this a old story? I remember a similar story about a company selling a product the Indian government frowns on tricking foreign actors into appearing in ads they think are for harmless products.
Pretty sure this has been posted before, yes. In fact, it may have been me who posted it.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

They revived it. Someone wants a fifteen minutes of fame, again. That time around wasn't enough.

The Indian government should focus on making a better country of itself.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On RT, the 'critics' over the top effusive reviews of Black Panther are so obvious that it's now evident what's going on there.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Surprisingly, it got a 94% user rating on RT. I thought the white supremacists would be organising to downvote it.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Surprisingly, it got a 94% user rating on RT. I thought the white supremacists would be organising to downvote it.
even if all the supremacists white and black put their differences aside they wouldn’t make much of a impact. Star Wars logic to assume they could change the user rating. But maybe Laura Dern will show up to crash the movie at warp speed? That decisive in control female piloting will surly get enough bigots to wreck the user rating. :roll:
:)