President Oprah?

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

President Oprah?

Post by Kristatos »

A vapid reality TV star who has never held elected office as president? Nah, never happen.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: President Oprah?

Post by bjmdds »

Talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey admitted that she smoked crack cocaine when she was in her 20s. Let's start interviewing her drug pushers and have doctors examine her mental state to see if she has any mental deficiency from her drug addictions. Oprah as Commander In Chief? :hair: Oprah ordering the bombing of ISIS? :hair: She does not have the intestinal fortitude for the job. Brain dead women and liberals would vote for her, not middle America :!:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Oprah as President...

I needed the laugh. :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

But people laughed when Trump first ran for President. I don't rule anything out any more.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's a joke Drakester :!: Let them delude themselves in 'liberal land' that she could do it.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:But people laughed when Trump first ran for President. I don't rule anything out any more.
Trump at least knew how to run a very large corporate business.

What does Oprah know other than being a SJW talk show host?
bjmdds wrote:It's a joke Drakester :!: Let them delude themselves in 'liberal land' that she could do it.
California Dreaming. :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:But people laughed when Trump first ran for President. I don't rule anything out any more.
The joke is not that she could run, nor win, but that she could actually govern, and order people killed in wars, and grow the economy, and pass laws that really matter, not just social propaganda issues :!: Under Trump, in ONLY 11 months, the black and hispanic unemployment rates are the lowest in the history of the country :!: How will Oprah attack that FACT, when Oh-bama did nothing in this regard? GDP over 3% :!: Manufacturing jobs greatly increased :!: 2.1 million jobs created in 11 months :!: ISIS reduced by 98% in land area in Iraq and Syria :!: Trump knew how to campaign and she does not have the drive to do it and give up her cushy and pampered life. Once they start delving into her crack use days and younger life, let's see how she would still be perceived? The liberals do not investigate their own. Trump won 30 states :!: Prozac pacifist liberals cannot handle that :!: Too bad :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: Trump at least knew how to run a very large corporate business.

Well, she ran her own TV network, which was as successful as most of Trump's businesses (ie it went bankrupt). But like Trump, she is a brand. A Trump-Winfrey election would be the ultimate reduction of politics to showbusiness. It would expose the whole rotten facade.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I LOVE Oprah. She is smart, articulate, caring, compassionate etc. That is not even vaguely sufficient to be POTUS. No more of that. Build experience as governor or similar first, then we'll talk..................
@aliasvaughn

Just stop right now. I haven't dismissed ANYONE: I have said Oprah is smart, caring, successful in business, compassionate and all that. That does NOT give her ANY qualification to be President. End of. :clap:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote: Trump at least knew how to run a very large corporate business.

Well, she ran her own TV network, which was as successful as most of Trump's businesses (ie it went bankrupt). But like Trump, she is a brand. A Trump-Winfrey election would be the ultimate reduction of politics to showbusiness. It would expose the whole rotten facade.
She will kill her brand by running. She is beloved by a nation as more or less apolitical idol. Soon as she attaches real partisan politics and policies to her name her brand is finished.
Trump didn’t have that problem.
Oprah might win a general election popularity contest but I’m not sure she’d make it past the sharks in the democrat primary. If its not rigged for Oprah she have to learn to put somebody down hard enough they’ll stay down, in other words she’ll have to become more like trump, which kill the allure of the nice woman most of America loves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Trump's campaign ad-----as I said, once we start exposing this buffoon, it's all over :!: How can she defend this to non-liberal white people? This ends her aspirations :!: [video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:How can she defend this to non-liberal white people? This ends her aspirations :!:
This has been the Democratic narrative for a while: that once the old white racists have died off, a younger, more diverse electorate will create a permanent Democratic majority while the RepubliKKKan party goes the way of the Whigs. Problem is, they've been saying it for 50 years now....
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:How can she defend this to non-liberal white people? This ends her aspirations :!:
Problem is, they've been saying it for 50 years now....
Right you are, Kris. We've been hearing the same balderdash from the left for over 50 years now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Even the liberal MSN.com website gets it right: POLL RESULTS:
Would you consider voting for Oprah Winfrey for president?
22%--Yes
71%--No
7%--I’m not sure
Total responses: 489,501 votes
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
This has been the Democratic narrative for a while: that once the old white racists have died off, a younger, more diverse electorate will create a permanent Democratic majority while the RepubliKKKan party goes the way of the Whigs. Problem is, they've been saying it for 50 years now....
Other problem is the democrats are/were the party of the KKK only in my lifetime have the sought to be diverse even at that they a were not all the different, Clinton , obama , Hillary all ran as anti gay and a bunch of other things in their platform they wouldnt dare bring up in 2020.

It pisses me off the party of slavery and the kkk from 1865 until maybe 1975 suddenly gets religion and transfer their sins on to the Republican Party, who have enough of their sins own like genocide and the rise of corporate culture, but on almost every civil liberty cause were the leaders while democrats sheriffs and judges help keep the white powerful.

IMHO the reason the democrat plan of waiting for a more diverse younger generation to lift their fortunes is wrong for the same reason more women voted for trump over Hillary, the democrats assumed this demographic would feel a duty to support the first female candidate especial against a sexist ogre like Trump. Didn’t happen for the same reason this wave of new voters will never appear like both parties want it to, people are not all the same and don’t vote blindly although I get why the partys think they do. People vote for themselves and what they hope will make their life better, not according to Party ideology. The one issue the might drive somebody to vote could be so counterintuitive to who they are and where they are in a demographic.
Humanity at is core is a chaos of individuals that sometimes function as a society.

Far as Oprah she is beloved now, the moment she identifies what she thinks and tell the people who love her unconditionally what they should believe her brand is done and she struggling in the 30-50% approval range on her politics (the % all presidents live in) while being personally likable.
Oprah has so much secret in her background and life she will not want to become public, in a primary she’ll have to get d**n tough and a lot of damning scandals will be out there. Whoever she thinks she is now will be damaged beyond repair.

I Remember when pop up video was a thing, VH1 would play a music video with a pop up bubble of some strange unknown facts, it was so big at the time Oprah invited the team that did it to her show. Cute gimmick, thing was in a day or two they had the research her show they had facts poping up in the screen that you could see really pissed Oprah off, she would demand to know who on the staff told them this. The guys doing the pop ups were shocked she got so mad because she had been so friendly and played it so cool before.
If Oprah reacted that badly to a friendly bit of research the first Hillary Clinton pac ad will put her in a hulk type rage.

IMHO the only way Oprah can run for President is if she is ready to burry the image she had for 40 years, she’s had her time at the top so maybe she is. I don’t expect the new Oprah slinging political mud to win even half of the democrat party in a primary.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: It pisses me off the party of slavery and the kkk from 1865 until maybe 1975 suddenly gets religion and transfer their sins on to the Republican Party, who have enough of their sins own like genocide and the rise of corporate culture, but on almost every civil liberty cause were the leaders while democrats sheriffs and judges help keep the white powerful.
I thought it was after 1964, when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, Nixon came up with his Southern strategy, and all the Dixiecrats defected to the Republican Party.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Oprah?

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: It pisses me off the party of slavery and the kkk from 1865 until maybe 1975 suddenly gets religion and transfer their sins on to the Republican Party, who have enough of their sins own like genocide and the rise of corporate culture, but on almost every civil liberty cause were the leaders while democrats sheriffs and judges help keep the white powerful.
I thought it was after 1964, when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, Nixon came up with his Southern strategy, and all the Dixiecrats defected to the Republican Party.
you could be right, I’ve got no experience to base it on just what’s in text books which are vague. just about every civil right movement there were republican supporters before it became popularized which is somehow forgotten today, like Nixon getting much of the blame for JFK & LBJ’s war in Vietnam.
The videos of southern Sheriffs and governors turning troops loose on protesters those are all good democrats true to the party, bill Clinton’s mentor was a high ranking KKK member, until recently many honored (aged ) democrat senators were big deals in the KKK. Thankfully Father Time aged those assholes out of existence.

I dunno guess I’m bothered by the current democrat party throwing down the race card at elections every two years, how about they keep their hands clean for closer to a century before trying to play that card. Almost for got about a Joe Biden telling black people the party that fought against slavery wanted to “put you back in chains”
I know it’s hyperbole but the hypocritical nature of it bugs me.

I’m not a big fan of the republicans either, get me started on it and I’ll go on and on about their wars of genocide, they don’t get a pass on that from me either.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Big O, just look at the 2 racists who are #1 and #2 running the DNC now, Perez and Ellison :!: Democrats don't get it. By allowing these 2 hate mongers to run the show will get them more exiles than newbies. Perez was not only the choice of the Clinton wing of the party, but he has many of he same issues as Hillary Clinton, including email, ethics, telling the truth, and a belief that only Caucasians can commit race crimes. Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As for a potential first female president in Oprah Winfrey, Spielberg noted, “It sure sounded like 2020 to me.” But as to whether he’d support his longtime star Tom Hanks as a vice presidential running mate for Winfrey, Spielberg replied, “If I’m gonna commit anything for Tom Hanks to be in in the future, it’s going to be another five of my movies.” Hanks gave his take on the vice presidency at the event to ET, saying, “I will only be a VP unless I’m guaranteed at least two rides on the presidential helicopter a month. If I don’t get that, I will not serve. I want to ride shotgun on Marine One twice a month.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Tom Hanks is a good example of how getting political can hurt your image. He was much more beloved before he opened his mouth on politics, it has hurt his bo draw some but he is big enough to withstand it. From the comments it sounds like Spielberg and hanks know his acting career would be over win or lose.