LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: BOND #7

Post by Omega »

If she were a man casting this way she would be slapped with harassment.

Im not sure bond recovers after Craig leaves. If he had left now I think the time is right for a new bond. Recasting in 2020 they are wasting so much time and the public may move on from bond. Craig was different in 2006, 2019 he may prove we don’t need bond.
Mostly because Craig took bond too far away from being bond for too long.

If they went back to a bond set in 1950s would work right now, kind of what audiences expect. And they have 14 stories to retell from zero like finally getting cr right.
Trying to continue bond from Craig or Brosnan or reset in the modern era I think will fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:If they went back to a bond set in 1950s would work right now, kind of what audiences expect.
Like I suggested.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

There's a heavy rumor that Eon Productions will be selling the Bond film franchise after this, since the upcoming film starring Craig appears to be his last and MGM is offering only one-picture deal to a distribution studio, whoever that may be. There's likeliness that Bond will eventually go to a corporation firm like Universal or Warner Bros, of the latter especially expressing interest in the IP.

What I hope most is that they don't go down the route of Disney's absurd ways of handling intellectual properties and "diversify" things, thus ruining the franchise's legacy furthermore like casting some effeminate actor in the Bond role and make the movies appealing to SJW Millennials/Post-Millennials.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hope they don't try to create some sort of Bond cinematic universe.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Agreed. That would be incredibly pointless.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

BOND #7

Post by Omega »

Why wait if they want to sell? It’s not necessarily going to increase in value after Spy Hard With a Vengeance staring 99 year old Craig. Especially if they do some Logan Batman trilogy crap of killing bond off to complete Craig’s emo drama.

I don’t agree a new studio wormer will jump the PC sark casting and making bond, bond won’t be safe but somebody besides Broccoli might be a safer guardian.
Plenty of shows and movies that do not pull punches or apologize that would not of been dreamed of in 2002 or 2006, broccoli is stuck in the past far as movie making goes and too eager to do the opposite of what her father did because shes embarrassed at what put food on her table and made her rich.

If she ever did sell she’d be lass than zero in the movie business. MGM selling would be the death of the studio, they’ve got nothing else

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I know it's not a possibility since 2022 is a long way off, but I'll toss my hat in the ring.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Na, guy looks like bond. Never work ;)

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Omega wrote:Na, guy looks like bond. Never work ;)
True! :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

John P. Drake wrote:I know it's not a possibility since 2022 is a long way off, but I'll toss my hat in the ring.

And that is?
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Veronica wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:I know it's not a possibility since 2022 is a long way off, but I'll toss my hat in the ring.

And that is?
Scott Adkins
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:

And that is?
Scott Adkins
I had to look him up but I thought I knew the name. He is playing the lead in a movie based on Accident Man, a strip created by comics legend Pat Mills. The movie (and Adkins) is mentioned in Mills' memoirs, which I have recently read, and highly recommend to anyone interested in the history of British comics. And he certainly has the look, even down to the scar on his cheek and comma of hair described by Fleming. I assume he is actually supposed to be Bond in this photo?
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Tom Ellis' co-star Lauren German described him as someone who "makes people laugh and has the class of Bond,James Bond." :clap: :007:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
tbp82 wrote:
Veronica wrote:

And that is?
Scott Adkins
I had to look him up but I thought I knew the name. He is playing the lead in a movie based on Accident Man, a strip created by comics legend Pat Mills. The movie (and Adkins) is mentioned in Mills' memoirs, which I have recently read, and highly recommend to anyone interested in the history of British comics. And he certainly has the look, even down to the scar on his cheek and comma of hair described by Fleming. I assume he is actually supposed to be Bond in this photo?
I photoshopped the hair, the coma and the scar to Adkins, Kristatos. :)

I'm also waiting for Accident Man. I've come across the three existing volumes when noticed the cover artwork misguidedly marketing it as some sort of a James Bond knock-off which the comic is anything but. That said, I do really prefer the second and third volumes over the first, which Adkins' film is based on.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote: I photoshopped the hair, the coma and the scar to Adkins, Kristatos. :)
Ah, OK, I assumed that the scar was a make-up job, since he doesn't have it in other photos. I didn't realise it was something you'd done. Nice attention to detail either way.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I noticed it and thought the scar was a nice touch

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

According to an insider...

These are the actors that were considered for the role(allegedly,the last one makes me doubt) before Craig got erm...persuaded to do another one.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:According to an insider...

These are the actors that were considered for the role(allegedly,the last one makes me doubt) before Craig got erm...persuaded to do another one.
This was posted a while ago. As I recall, we had fun trying to guess who they were. My guesses:
1) Craig, obviously
2) Tom Hiddleston
3) Don't know - possibly Cavill, but the bit about the accent makes me think not
4) (Edit: Tom Hardy?)
5) Idris Elba
6) Aidan Turner
7) Don't know, could be a lot of people
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Elba will never be Bond. Bond will never be anything else other than an Anglo-Saxon.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Elba will never be Bond. Bond will never be anything else other than an Anglo-Saxon.
I agree that Elba won't be Bond, but I certainly wouldn't rule out a non-white actor being cast as Bond at some point in the future. The casting of Craig has already shown that looking the part is no longer a requirement of the job.