The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Image NFL stadiums yesterday :!: :Happy:
And yet attendances were slightly up over season averages, according to Yahoo Sports.
Maybe some stadiums are on average or above but it looks bad. I can imagine some of these daytime games being fewer people but half full when college games fill the stadiums just seems off.

NFL damaged its brand, probably never to recover. Football is a sport losing influence because of the physical dangers and the nfl has turned into a sports opera. Poor WWE was mocked for doing the same thing but on purpose.

On thing I want to vent about is the Veterans Day opera, the NFL always acted like the all American patriots but it was revealed over the last two decades whenever they did these patriotic pageants they were paid for by the US government.
Kind of pisses me off but what else can we expect from two bloated bureaucracies ( feds and NFL) spending other people’s money. What does bother me is a true hero who served his country for decades and continues to serve his community was asked by the saints to be their token Veteran to honor, this man politely refused giving the disrespect from kneeling at the anthem as the reason, what really pisses me off is a few of the players respond this guy doesn’t get it they aren’t disrespecting the flag and essentially he is disrespecting them.
You know when a true hero who sacrificed their entire life for their country for a paltry salary (seriously look up how little soldiers are paid) tells a team they are disrespecting his service maybe take a moment to consider maybe you are instead of making a comment that is only true of those living in your millionaire sports hero bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Britt McHenry is taking a stand against GQ naming Colin Kaepernick its "Citizen of the Year" for taking a knee.

The former ESPN reporter bashed GQ and Kaepenerick on Twitter Monday shortly after the magazine announced it would be honoring the polarizing quarterback.

"Wear socks depicting police officers as pigs; wear Fidel Castro as a fashion statement IN MIAMI; sue NFL for collusion when gf compares owners to slave owners...

Win Citizen of the Year.

Serve in the US military...nothing. What a joke, GQ. #Kaepernick," McHenry wrote.

McHenry has frequently criticized Kaepernick for initiating the national anthem protest movement.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Oh but the GQ are SJW libtards who support Antifa and diss the country they live in.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Why are you so surprised? We discussed here that the DC movies are trash for years except for Wonder Woman. The castings and storylines are dreadful--------A TV host and sports broadcaster on Thursday accused Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of kissing and groping her without her consent in 2006. Leeann Tweeden accused Franken of groping her, without her consent, while she was asleep and provided a photo as evidence. The incident happened in December 2006, she said, when she and Franken, then a comedian, were on a USO Tour to "entertain our troops." Franken in a statement 'apologized' :ROFL: for his actions. Tweeden's comments come amid increased reports of sexual harassment in the workplace, including on Capitol Hill. Multiple women in Congress have come forward to say they have been victims of sexual harassment, prompting lawmakers to call for reform. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Tuesday the House has paid out $15 million in harassment settlements :hair: :!: :!: :!: over more than a decade, though a spokesperson later clarified that figure does not only account for sexual harassment claims. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The only surprising thing is a 2-star review from Den of Geek. They almost never give bad reviews.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It must be deserved. The trailer looks like junk.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

TOMATOMETER: 39% :!: :!:
Average Rating: 5.2/10
Reviews Counted: 158
Fresh: 62
Rotten: 96---bomb :!: bust :!: Get it? Got it? Good :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The only surprising thing is a 2-star review from Den of Geek. They almost never give bad reviews.
I was about to say those guys are huge fan boys who almost never give bad reviews.

Unless it’s an outlier (crap it’s not, 39% on RT and dropping) then the curse of BvS may happen again, which WB may be ok with $873 million. Now with a production budget of $300 million plus advertising, I don’t know where they breakeven.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Colin Covert: Columnist/Reporter | Movies: Film historians will one day answer the widely debated question, “Was DC Entertainment’s brand image ruined by Warner Bros. or was Warner Bros. torpedoed by DC Entertainment?” Until then it may remain unclear which came first, the badly plucked chicken or the rotten egg. The erratic and fatigue-inducing “Justice League” will leave moviegoers wondering where to assign the blame — and where to find the exits. :ROFL:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

A lot of scorching reviews, down to 37% on RT

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Why are you so surprised? We discussed here that the DC movies are trash for years except for Wonder Woman. The castings and storylines are dreadful--------A TV host and sports broadcaster on Thursday accused Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) of kissing and groping her without her consent in 2006. Leeann Tweeden accused Franken of groping her, without her consent, while she was asleep and provided a photo as evidence. The incident happened in December 2006, she said, when she and Franken, then a comedian, were on a USO Tour to "entertain our troops." Franken in a statement 'apologized' :ROFL: for his actions. Tweeden's comments come amid increased reports of sexual harassment in the workplace, including on Capitol Hill. Multiple women in Congress have come forward to say they have been victims of sexual harassment, prompting lawmakers to call for reform. Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said Tuesday the House has paid out $15 million in harassment settlements :hair: :!: :!: :!: over more than a decade, though a spokesperson later clarified that figure does not only account for sexual harassment claims. Image
not surprised about Franken he’s a nasty piece of work, thought so for a long time.

Now the accusations against Sylvester Stallone I think are complete BS.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So I get home from work, and my wife has a surprise for me "just because" - a pair of tickets to see Justice League on Sunday! I didn't wish to seem ungrateful, and so accepted the gift in the spirit in which it was intended. It's the thought that counts, right?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

You will have to fake it throughout the film :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go get $15.00 popcorn and a $9.00 soft drink midway through the film and throw out $24.00 on ripoff refreshments in order to avoid watching it. :lol: If this opens under $100 million here, it's all hands on deck to try to salvage a monumental loss of money. I think it will top $100 million but it will be a front loaded disaster at the end. Gal Gadot is adding $30 million herself to the box office. The other pathetic characters, aka the dumb Cyborg, the featherweight Flash, soup can Batman costume Affleck, and the Don Ho Aquaman, are horrible :!: No Superman too other than a cameo? :!: BOMBS AWAY :!: BOOK IT :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Star Wars will top $1 billion at the domestic box office too :!: BOOK IT :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:So I get home from work, and my wife has a surprise for me "just because" - a pair of tickets to see Justice League on Sunday! I didn't wish to seem ungrateful, and so accepted the gift in the spirit in which it was intended. It's the thought that counts, right?
sorry. she sounds super sweet trying to find a movie for you to go to that she doesn’t even want to see herself. That’s love. Too bad it’s justice league. I (eventually) learned not to be overly critical of movies selected for me/us to go to, in this case it really is the thought that counts. You’re going to have to get her one hell of a Christmas gift, it’s that good a thought.

PS ;)
Spoiler

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think she probably does want to see it. I know I make jokey remarks about "wife's choice" when we end up going to see a movie like La La Land, but she does like geeky stuff as well. She's watching Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home on TV in the other room as I type this. She just hasn't read the reviews, that's all, and I don't want to be the one to break the news.

Still, Box Office Mojo is forecasting a $118 million opening weekend. If that's even close to the actual total, it'll prove that some movies are critic-proof.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well for big brands the first weekend is critic proof. It took weeks for the studio to realize Superman returns and BvS were not popular with the public. Even QOS was a first weekend winner.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Exactly big O. Weekend one is all hype and curiosity. Look at this Momoa character attempting to be Aquaman. It's pathetic. The liberal Hollywood elites should not be involved whatsoever in superhero films :!: They are clueless and as the Fonz would call them, nerds, who have no idea of how action films, where the audience is mostly male, appeal to the male ego. I go back to Singer's 'eyeing' Routh as his Superman. How did that work out? Cavill's Justice League face is being compared to Shrek on the internet due to the CGI removal of his MI:6 mustache instead of allowing him to shave it off :!: What a joke. More proof of inmates running the asylum. Image Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think the mustache was because of reshoots months after Cavill was finished and onto a new movie, which took priority over the role he had finished. Probably wasn’t up to cavill but the director of MI6. WB has some major BS coming off how they manage the DC universe.