Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Re: Halloween

Post by Dr. No »

Trunk or treat has been big with us this year. When I was a kid the churches alternative to Halloween were lame. I guess we've gone to more this year because our kids our older and have more friends in other churches. :?

I'm happy to say we are well stocked with our favorite candies so it's a win win even if it's a disappointing year for visitors. :mrgreen:

This is the best time of year to be a kid, Halloween, thanksgiving, Christmas, new years! When October would come around the change in weather along with the expectations of all that was to come made it my favorite time of year!
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

It's been chilly at night here-I like to sleep with the window open and put a blanket on me..when I wake up though, I am COLD. But I sleep well.

When I was a kid I LOVED trick or treating..we'd go far away from our house-and it wasn't well lit either-my parents would never let us do that now! :shock:
The razorblades in candy thing was happening just about the time I was getting too old for trick or treating.

I remember always wanting to go to a certain house because the lady gave out root beer barrel candies.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

kater23 wrote:It's been chilly at night here-I like to sleep with the window open and put a blanket on me..when I wake up though, I am COLD. But I sleep well.

When I was a kid I LOVED trick or treating..we'd go far away from our house-and it wasn't well lit either-my parents would never let us do that now! :shock:
The razorblades in candy thing was happening just about the time I was getting too old for trick or treating.

I remember always wanting to go to a certain house because the lady gave out root beer barrel candies.
I hadn't thought about the root beer candies in years! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I can't remember the last time I've seen one guess they don't make them any more. There was A&W and another no name brand which tasted better.

Razorblade scare had us getting our candy scanned by x-ray at some strip mall. They'd set up a couple of locations around town with a cop watching. Haven't seen them do that in a long time. The candy wrappers have become easier to spot problems and now if there is one it is usually a manufacturing mistake.

Great weather for trick or treating tonight. :)
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: The razorblades in candy thing was happening just about the time I was getting too old for trick or treating.
I thought that was just an urban myth.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Problem Eliminator
Lieutenant

Post by Problem Eliminator »

Pretty sure it was.
Dr. No
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

I don't know how real a threat it was aside from it was talked about so imitators might try. What was real the years of warning and encouraging parents to have the candies x-rayed. I don't know of anybody who got spiked candy.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

It's almost Halloween and I am ready! Got 2 huge bags of Costco candy..we'll see how long it lasts..Once I hand all of it out I'm turning my porch light off. It's gonna be crazy since Halloween is on a Saturday this year!
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

First, will be watching love stories to get the adrenaline going, better than watching scary movies. A friend said she's going to actually be Wonder Woman (the new one or the old one?). Does anyone care to speak about past Halloween costumes? :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I remember my mom half making/half buying our costumes. The big deal when I was a kid was the Halloween costumes that they sold at the drugstore, except you had to get in there early otherwise the selection would be picked over.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

When I was little, trick or treating had just started to be re-imported to Britain (it originated here, but had more or less died out) through the influence of American movies and TV shows. It wasn't like it is now, it was just a case of cutting a couple of eye holes in an old sheet, throwing it over your head and pretending to be a ghost.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
commander0077again
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS YOLT GOLDFINGER LALD FYEO GOLDENEYE
Favorite Movies: OUR MAN FLINT THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD/ERROL FLYNN CASABLANCA ZORRO FILMS / TV SHOW

Post by commander0077again »

I was thinking more recent adult costumes. A few years ago a group of friends and co-friends (friends of friends and even a dad or two) converged in San Francisco. We agreed to meet in one of the gay sections of the city, don't ask me why. Plenty of fun night. Commander0077 was, yes, wearing a dinner suit, with real bow tie! I didn't bring a replica PPK, since that would be scary. Funny bits is I was on the bus, and other people were wearing usual costumes, but some wondered what was Bond doing there? (I had '0077' badge on lapel); a (female) friend who was a petite Chinese American with friend (female) who was a tall German... we were all staying in basically the same neighborhood. One fellow brought his dad; his dad was telling about some good bars he knew in the gay district, and we chided him, of course. The streets were smoky with firecrackers, just like walking along a Ken Adam set in tux! Another Halloween I was a Vulcan, another I was a green vampire with a white dinner jacket (sort of Bond on the darkseid); my favorite was as Rasuli, Connery's character in Wind and the Lion, with the white headscarf, full grey beard, black tunic, green sash and plastic scimitar. A Bond girl who I knew for a year didn't even recognize 0077. We had a mutual crush, so that was interesting. :cake:
You move very well for a dead man, Mister Bond

Kill him!
Kill Bond! Now!!!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Halloween
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I have a costume but it's been so chilly here at night I'll have to wear a hoodie over it!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's that time of the year again............... :skull:

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Got my 3 huge bags of Costco candy already..it'll be gone really fast though-I get a LOT of trick or treaters as I've said before..the most I've had is when Halloween is on a weekend. :shock:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

[video][/video]
Bring back Bond!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Got my Halloween candy at the ready,and my parents are going to be here(I'm fixing dinner-butternut squash soup garnished with pumpkin seeds,pumpkin bread, and apple cider for the neighbors and my parents)
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Those dishes sound nice!

Happy Halloween

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Funny the picture the app associates with this thread is the Craig mask, but Craig never actually looked like that it was a lot of Hollywood make up trial and error to come close to copying Steve McQueen’s look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Those dishes sound nice!

Happy Halloween

Everything was delicious-especially the soup!

For the second year in a row,I had candy left over.Trick or treating in my neighborhood has changed.I don’t doubt some of it has to do with It being a school night..wait until Halloween’s on a Friday or Saturday again! :lol: :lol: