The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I noticed the major news are concentrating on projections not where the storm is, Irma has sat off the coast of Cuba heading west for 20 hours longer than it was supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I noticed the major news are concentrating on projections not where the storm is, Irma has sat off the coast of Cuba heading west for 20 hours longer than it was supposed to.

The American news media is naturally focusing on how Americans are likely to be affected. Someone in Florida is going to be more interested in when the storm is likely to hit Florida than the damage already done in the Caribbean.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It made an estimated $117 million in its opening weekend, in spite of Irma. I don't quite get the fuss myself. I expected it to be a hit, but not this all-consuming monster. What is it that makes a remake of a Stephen King adaptation this popular?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I don't get IT at all.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Maybe the general "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" feeling in the air makes the market fertile for horror movies? A bit lame, but it's the only explanation I can think of.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Miss America gets political: Contestants asked about Trump-Russia collusion, Confederate statues :shock: :shock: ........airheads, liberal airheads critiquing Trump even here :!: Hollywood just does not get it :!: Why were there no questions about terrorists and 911 too, being it's the weekend before the memorial yearly event? :!: :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Miss America gets political: Contestants asked about Trump-Russia collusion, Confederate statues :shock: :shock: ........airheads, liberal airheads critiquing Trump even here :!: Hollywood just does not get it :!: Why were there no questions about terrorists and 911 too, being it's the weekend before the memorial yearly event? :!: :!:
it's was trumps show of course the Hollywood in click wants to use it to bash trump not understanding less than half their audience cares

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Maybe the general "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" feeling in the air makes the market fertile for horror movies? A bit lame, but it's the only explanation I can think of.
I'm not sure, the hype for IT had been building for months, with out Texas and Florida it (pun intended) pulled off a impossible opening weekend and supposedly only cost $35 million to make .
It's smart Hollywood filmmaking and I guess it's not political or celebrity driven project. No egos like Will Smith and Ben Affleck.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Broccoli's next Bond?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kansas City’s win over New England drew 21.79 million viewers, down 13.5 percent from last year’s 25.2 million, along with a 7.7 rating among adults 18-49 (-18 percent from 9.4 a year ago).........Hollywood box office and NFL viewerships are way down the past year. The common thread is obvious: Politics has NO place in sports or movies :!: People are fed up with being told what to think, what to say, and how to act :!:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image Broccoli's next Bond?
As long as the b1tch herself remains producer, forget James Bond as your only source of escapism.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Spider-Man: Homecoming---- $327,830,612 USA
The Amazing Spider-Man -----$262,030,663 USA
The Amazing Spider-Man 2-----$202,853,933 USA ------how bad was Garfield as Spidey? The new Spider-boy did much better and Holland is not that great either.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

FormerBondFan wrote:
As long as the b1tch herself remains producer, forget James Bond as your only source of escapism.
Who said only?
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Veronica wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
Who said only?
You're really going to trust Babs again after all she had done?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF, speaking of your heroine: Speaking with Screen Daily at the Toronto premiere of Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool, Barbara Broccoli stated she is, “of course” considering a female directors for Bond’s twenty-fifth outing at EON. "There are a lot of women working on this production which pleases me very much. It’s incredibly important to support a change in front of and behind the camera. I love working with women. It’s a different vibe. We have to promote women within the industry. Women are often tasked with taking care of children and ailing parents, so it’s hard for some women to sustain a career in this industry. We have to be more family-friendly, with childcare, flexible hours and job shares. At Eon, we have a lot of women doing job sharing and it’s easy with technology."
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Does that mean a female James Bond coming closer to our doorstep like what we have for Dr. Who?
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

What you need Barbara is hire someone who could take Bond back to his original roots and I don't mean "Craig is Fleming's Bond" which is major BS.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Frank Vincent, known for portraying Phil Leotard on “The Sopranos,” has died, his “Sopranos” co-star Vincent Pastore announced on Facebook. He was 78.

TMZ reports that he died due to complications of heart surgery after a heart attack.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Spider-Man: Homecoming---- $327,830,612 USA
The Amazing Spider-Man -----$262,030,663 USA
The Amazing Spider-Man 2-----$202,853,933 USA ------how bad was Garfield as Spidey? The new Spider-boy did much better and Holland is not that great either.
Garfield was a bad reboot and bad direction the stank of Sony group think. Just like the bond series although I'll give eon credit for their own unique funk on those four movies.

Its not a huge gap between Garfield and the newest reboot bo wise, and the new kid is not a better Spider-Man he lacking in a lot of areas but it was the best spidy movie in 13 years.