MI Rogue Nation

RIP Roger Moore 1927 to 2017

Post by Omega »

d**n! Roger Moore is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

RIP Sir Roger Moore, you truly will be missed! :cry:
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Very sad news. I thought Roger was going to go on forever. He was a lovely man and provided lots of great entertainment - I was watching North Sea Hijack only the other day which is one of my favourite films.

RIP Roger.
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

d**n it. So sad. RIP Sir Roger Moore,you perfect quintessential English gentleman. I don't think will we see another person who has the equal amount of charisma,humor and elegance in the way he did. Nobody did it better. Here's to Sir Rog. :martini:
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Veronica wrote:I don't think will we see another person who has the equal amount of charisma,humor and elegance in the way he did.
My very thoughts as well. Roger Moore was a great man and he will always be my favourite Bond no matter what the critics say.

RIP Sir Roger.
Last edited by The Saint 007 on Tue May 23, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Very sad day. On top of already tragic news of the day we lose Sir Roger as well.
I admired him for for so many reasons, bit sad some "news" outlets are tarnishing his memory by taking time to bash his 007. One place said he took Bond more humorous, I disagree, he played Bond how he was required to play him. And he was so much more than just 007.

RIP Sir Roger.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Where is the statement from EON about this?
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

"As late as 1972, people could ask in all seriousness whether Bond could survive Connery’s departure. After Moore’s 12 years as Bond, that wasn’t a question anymore."

https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... ies-at-89/
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
Veronica wrote:I don't think will we see another person who has the equal amount of charisma,humor and elegance in the way he did.
My very thoughts as well. Roger Moore was a great man and he will always be my favourite Bond no matter what the critics say.

RIP Sir Roger.
He was truly someone you could admire. Not only a great Bond but a great man and a great icon. A legend. Such a loss.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson have said Sir Roger Moore's "legacy shall live on through his films and the millions of lives he touched".

The 007 actor died in Switzerland on Tuesday at the age of 89 after a short battle with cancer.

Broccoli and Wilson said in a statement posted on the official James Bond Facebook page: "We are heartbroken at the news of Sir Roger Moore's passing.

"On the screen, he reinvented the role of James Bond with tremendous skill, charisma and humour. In real life, he was a genuine hero working as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador for many years dedicating his life to alleviating the suffering of children all over the world.

"He was a loyal and beloved friend and his legacy shall live on through his films and the millions of lives he touched.

"We shall miss him enormously. Our love and thoughts are with Deborah, Geoffrey, Christian, his grandchildren and his wife Kristina."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson have said Sir Roger Moore's "legacy shall live on through his films and the millions of lives he touched".

The 007 actor died in Switzerland on Tuesday at the age of 89 after a short battle with cancer.

Broccoli and Wilson said in a statement posted on the official James Bond Facebook page: "We are heartbroken at the news of Sir Roger Moore's passing.

"On the screen, he reinvented the role of James Bond with tremendous skill, charisma and humour. In real life, he was a genuine hero working as a Unicef Goodwill Ambassador for many years dedicating his life to alleviating the suffering of children all over the world.

"He was a loyal and beloved friend and his legacy shall live on through his films and the millions of lives he touched.

"We shall miss him enormously. Our love and thoughts are with Deborah, Geoffrey, Christian, his grandchildren and his wife Kristina."
it's a good statement. I'm slightly surprised they didn't try rolling Craig out for some sort of statement I kinda of want to believe they aren't that tight anymore

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: it's a good statement. I'm slightly surprised they didn't try rolling Craig out for some sort of statement I kinda of want to believe they aren't that tight anymore
The official @007 Twitter feed did have a short statement (because all statements on Twitter are short) from Daniel Craig paying tribute to Sir Rog.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

No! Terrible news about Sir Rog. :cry: :cry: :cry: RIP.

He and Shatner were and still are my idols and even though rationally I suppose I knew it couldn't happen, I wanted them both to live forever (so Bill, I'm counting on you now, hang in there!).
Roger is my favorite Bond for many reasons and despite what some people say he's demonstrated on many occasions that he had real talent as an actor. Boy George has it right calling him the "king of cool". As I think has been touched on before on this forum, he managed to effortlessly carry the brief moments of humor and silliness in his movies as if they were the most everyday occurrences in the world. It became somehow believable. He made it work, where most other actors would have failed miserably. His Bond had so much character, was immense fun, and could also be very serious when the situation required it. Roger was a thoroughly nice guy as well. More people should be like that.

Rest In Peace Sir Roger. :martini:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:
The Saint 007 wrote:

RIP Sir Roger.
He was truly someone you could admire. Not only a great Bond but a great man and a great icon. A legend. Such a loss.
Very well said both of you. I couldn't agree more.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Connery, who was the first James Bond and played the spy in seven films, said the pair had an ‘unusually long’ and happy friendship. He said in a statement: ‘I was very sad to hear of Roger’s passing. ‘We had an unusually long relationship by Hollywood standards that was filled with jokes and laughter, I will miss him.’
Dr. No
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
Favorite Movies: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
SpiderMan 2
Empire Strikes Back
Shawshank Redemption

Post by Dr. No »

God bless and keep Sir Roger. He will be missed.
Chief of Staff, 007's gone round the bend. Says someone's been trying to feed him a poisoned banana. Fellow's lost his nerve. Been in the hospital too long. Better call him home.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:d**n! Roger Moore is dead.

I was hoping Sir Rog would get past 100, but without him, it's like losing Leonard Nimoy all over again. Regardless of what some people said him, he's a classic iconic figure. It would've been nice if he made a movie together with Sir Sean and Sir Michael Caine.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well said FBF!

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This rather wonderful story has gone viral on social media: http://b3ta.com/blog/simply-a-great-sto ... feel-good/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig