Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Re: Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:You made a pretty good post yourself there Acid, I'm sure his only defence will be another unhinged expletive laced diatribe referring to the actor/director's "acclaim" whatever that has to do with anything!
Thanks dirtybenny :cheers: yeah I expected so too. Must be that sado-masochistic streak you mentioned. :) Just as I started to write this I've noticed the somewhat civil reply that has made me chuckle.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

LOL, yeah I don't get this guy, because those involved won a few awards for projects other than Bond we must herald this tripe as masterpieces? Also notice in his earlier post how he projected his belief on me, namely that I felt my opinion is more important than his, yet he rambles on how we're all foolish because we don't fall in locked step with him, he's a real piece of work!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

As Colin Stagg says (is he that Colin Stagg?) I think we should all be grateful that these great "artists" are making Bond films now. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:As Colin Stagg says (is he that Colin Stagg?)
You know, I thought that name sounded familiar. I had to Google it, but either it's an unfortunate coincidence, or he's chosen a murderer as his user ID. Unless he actually is that Colin Stagg.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
carl stromberg wrote:As Colin Stagg says (is he that Colin Stagg?)
You know, I thought that name sounded familiar. I had to Google it, but either it's an unfortunate coincidence, or he's chosen a murderer as his user ID. Unless he actually is that Colin Stagg.
Either way it's weird as hell. Btw,where exactly can I see his posts?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote: Either way it's weird as hell. Btw,where exactly can I see his posts?
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... -not-bond/

Yeah, it sure is!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Dirty Benny's Weekly Rant

Post by Omega »

So he's either a killer or a fan? Which is worse?

Edit well a guy cleared of murder after police tried to use a honey trap to get him to confess.
Real killer was caught 2006, pled guilty 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:So he's either a killer or a fan? Which is worse?

Edit well a guy cleared of murder after police tried to use a honey trap to get him to confess.
Real killer was caught 2006, pled guilty 2008.

Actually this choice is quite telling, he could have just picked a killer's name like say Jack the Ripper, a rather obvious name for a troll, however he picked a wrongfully accused man, which betrays his belief that he is being persecuted. Look at his first post "shut this ridiculous site down" he demands, obviously because it offends his very nature, our opinions go counter to his own, which he obviously formed by listening to everyone else, his only argument is those involved with Craig won a bunch of awards years ago on other projects. Next post he wants me to explain why my opinions are so much more qualified than others, when I stated straight out in the very rant he posted on that I hold no one's taste in film against them, projecting his own elevated beliefs in his opinions on to me. I kind of pity the poor sod, what's going to happen to him when Craig moves on and so does everyone else, when Craig gets the "Brosnan treatment" and is ridiculed for the next decade?
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:what's going to happen to him when Craig moves on and so does everyone else, when Craig gets the "Brosnan treatment" and is ridiculed for the next decade?
I don't know Benny, maybe he'll buy a domain name and set up aidanturnerisnotbond.com :shock: :lol: :shock:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:what's going to happen to him when Craig moves on and so does everyone else, when Craig gets the "Brosnan treatment" and is ridiculed for the next decade?
I don't know Benny, maybe he'll buy a domain name and set up aidanturnerisnotbond.com :shock:
Hilarious! I can see it now, "James Bond is not a tall, dark, hansom,debonair secret agent! He should be a short, squat, opaque, street thug! What's with all this gallivanting around saving the world, I want to see nothing but poorly fleshed out origin stories with heavy handed pop psych overtones and everyone should be related somehow!"
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

dirtybenny wrote:
acid wrote:
I don't know Benny, maybe he'll buy a domain name and set up aidanturnerisnotbond.com :shock:
Hilarious! I can see it now, "James Bond is not a tall, dark, hansom,debonair secret agent! He should be a short, squat, opaque, street thug! What's with all this gallivanting around saving the world, I want to see nothing but poorly fleshed out origin stories with heavy handed pop psych overtones and everyone should be related somehow!"
Alway my impression Ian's 007 was a street thug, a fugley scrapper looking for a fight is how I believe Ian described James Bond.

This troll seems familiar, then again they all seem to use the same store bought logic in a tin, claim to take the moral high ground while disparaging you personally and/or denigrating the past series actors. Call bloke who prefers Pierce over Daniel a homosexual then call them a bigot for pointing out Daniel is a gay icon.

Yes we must shut down our website and apologise to the millionaire actors and producers working for billion dollar studios we might have accidentally offended by having a individual opinion that did not help their bottom line. :roll:

Sad realisation for me so many alleged 'Bond Fans' were eager cheerleaders for the corporations with the brand name rights. All the purists cataloging the novels and movies, writing magazines never had real affinity for the characters.

It has been refreshing to see a generation of writers, directors, producers, & actors who grew up with the wonder of Bond movies, come up with their own takes on the fantastic experience going to a Bond movie used to be.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote:
Veronica wrote: Either way it's weird as hell. Btw,where exactly can I see his posts?
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... -not-bond/

Yeah, it sure is!
I am always amazed how these rabid Craig fans need to bash someone else to make Craig look superior. Can't they make reasonable arguments about Craig being so much better and superior to everyone else on the planet? Obviously they can't.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Um, V... "EVERYBODY" says so, so you must too! Set aside your personal tastes and preferences, after all Mendes won an Oscar 20 years ago! So your obviously Wong, more accurately we're a bunch of unwashed philestines. If you don't like it you must shut up and hide in a darkened closet never to be heard from again!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've added another reply to Mr Stagg.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Well said Kris, it'll be interesting to see if he responds with a repeat of his standard reply, restating the acclaim those involved won on other projects or if he'll finally come up with something original this time (yeah, I don't think so either).
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Dirty Benny should get some laughs from this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... nna-lumley
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Dirty Benny should get some laughs from this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/filmbl ... nna-lumley

Thanks for sharing Capt. Of course I’m laughing as this author is so far of the mark one can’t help but chuckle, however I’m on the verge of tears (the disturbed rather than jovial) as this individual who is writing for a news outlet and not some fringe blog (although I understand the Guardian fits that bill to most), does not stand alone in this ridiculous opinion. Of course this author is just another Social Justice Warrior, whom I doubt has read any Fleming and bases their opinion on well-worn critiques written by other leftists whom never read Fleming, so he can push an agenda using Bond as a vessel to illustrate their twisted outlook and assault Joanna Lumley for some reason.

I’ve touched upon many of these points in my rant on the subject (Black Bond), so I won’t rehash them here. However I will point out the author seems to think the only reason Elba isn’t right for the part is his appearance, as if he isn’t wrong for the part in every other conceivable way. I’m going to say this and I won’t sugar coat it, if you believe Craig is right for Bond and Elba is not, you are at some level racist, as they are both wrong for the part in the very same way aside from skin color. Look I love Elba in the same way I love Clint Eastwood, they are actors in the same vein, but I would never suggest Eastwood for Bond even in his prime, being American aside. He’s just wrong for the part of a suave, sophisticated man of the world! This is the slippery slope Craig’s casting has created.

This idiot also goes on about the racism of 96 year olds as if it’s some sort of secret! I mean Fleming was no more or less racist, sexist, and homophobic than the times in which he lived! You can’t view the past through the prism of the present and expect it to line up in perfect synchronicity! Heaven forbid the world’s perspective of 60 years ago was different to today! I’ve got news for this fella, in 60 years some writer (if we still even read come that time) will call you a knuckle dragging Neanderthal for you views!

This fool goes on to wax on about childhood bullying and rape! What the hell does any of that have to do with Bond? OK, OK, Bond went to a private school but nowhere in Fleming is any of this even hinted at, I mean WTF! Bonus stupidity points to the Time article the author links to regarding Goldfinger where that author refers to Blofeld having a fondness for a “white Pekinese” (sic) just goes to show the level of Bond education these people who poo-poo Fleming and Bond have.

Setting Fleming aside, I find it funny these folk are feeding upon their own, namely Babzy Broccoli the “feminist” “iron fisted lady” of EON. The author craps on Brosnan “Jason Bourne came along to make Pierce Brosnan’s bouffant look (more) preposterous”. Funny Brosnan didn’t write or produce any of his films, Babz did! Of course the author doesn’t mention that!

So there you go Babzy, no matter how much you kowtow to these wooden headed idiots your creations will always be regarded as rubbish, you might as well give your true fans what they want as they'll be the only one to stand by Bond.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good one dirtybenny! I was waiting to see what you'd say!

CR I believe has a line in passing about the sweet tinge of rape or something like it, I forget the context. But bond never does anything of the sort. If anything the bond of the books is a easy mark for women, I mean he's looking for love not a sexual encounter. He usually ends up with a sexual encounter through no fault of his own.
Craig's bond last two movies is a sleazy sexual predator border line rapist like the feminist want to believe bond is.

............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Thanks Big O, I forgot to mention all this misogynistic claptrap concerning Bond, I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating, how is Bond, in any of his interpretations any more misogynistic than any other action/adventure character? He doesn't mistreat any woman he meets, barring obviously evil women who get the same treatment as evil men, which makes him an equal opportunity hero! But really what makes Bond any more misogynistic than any other literary/film character?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:Thanks Big O, I forgot to mention all this misogynistic claptrap concerning Bond, I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating, how is Bond, in any of his interpretations any more misogynistic than any other action/adventure character? He doesn't mistreat any woman he meets, barring obviously evil women who get the same treatment as evil men, which makes him an equal opportunity hero! But really what makes Bond any more misogynistic than any other literary/film character?
The thing is hardcore feminists(like Babz herself) seem to dislike men in general because to them they are all the same sleazebags who only want one thing. It only gets worse when you have a man like Bond,who gets all the women not because he is some sexual predator or some sexist misogynist dinosaur(good grief,how I hate that line) but because he is a personification of everything every woman finds desireable. They simply can't stand the thought of women wanting to jump into the sack the moment they meet any man and that includes a man like Bond.