The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Sorry FBF, this PC and feminized version of Star Trek won't fly :!: :down: Will get cancelled quickly. The Hollywood shmucks just never learn :!: Utter and complete trash and an affront to Roddenberry's franchise :!:
Has there ever been a non-PC version of Star Trek?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Star Trek II, III, and IV were action driven with a great trilogy non-political storyline arc :!: That......is the model :!:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Star Trek II, III, and IV were action driven with a great trilogy non-political storyline arc :!: That......is the model :!:
What do you think of VI, which is influence by the end of Cold War?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

IV was about saving the whales, but that misses the point I was making. Star Trek has always been political in the sense that it is set in a future that corresponds pretty closely to the one described by John Lennon in Imagine, and presents this as desirable. It presented American TV's first interracial kiss, and had a Russian and an African-American woman among its main characters, in an era when that would have been way more controversial than a brief long-shot of two guys holding hands. It is ridiculous to suggest that Gene Roddenberry would be rolling in his grave at the thought of a(nother) female starship captain.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FormerBondFan wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Star Trek II, III, and IV were action driven with a great trilogy non-political storyline arc :!: That......is the model :!:
It was just OK FBF and Shatner was showing his age by then.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:IV was about saving the whales, but that misses the point I was making. Star Trek has always been political in the sense that it is set in a future that corresponds pretty closely to the one described by John Lennon in Imagine, and presents this as desirable. It presented American TV's first interracial kiss, and had a Russian and an African-American woman among its main characters, in an era when that would have been way more controversial than a brief long-shot of two guys holding hands. It is ridiculous to suggest that Gene Roddenberry would be rolling in his grave at the thought of a(nother) female starship captain.
As Dalton says in Road House: [video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: As Dalton says in Road House:(snip)
At least I can be bothered to defend my opinion with actual arguments.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Roddenberry apparently did not care for female captains, ala Turnabout intruder. (JK) Which I expect will be the plot when Chris Pine's contract is up. (No JK)
Original series and first few of Next Generation encapsulates his vision the best. I think Gene Roddenberry would be offended as George Takei was about "gay" Sulu, in this day I'm sure Gene would be pushing for LGBT characters and holding religious principled characters right to believe as long as they were not hateful. Islamic fascists would be relegated to the Nazi bin of bad guy stereotypes Trek used so well.

I am hopeful for the new series, sadly the show last runners burned out trying to float too many Trek series. In my opinion Voyager could be scrapped with out much consequence.
Althou the last two series of Enterprise were very well done, also tied in nicely to The Original Series. The Dark Mirror stories were superb.
I hope Discovery is well executed however being part of the Nu-Trek family does give cause for concern.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Didn't Roddenberry want a gay character in TNG, but the network vetoed it?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I believe you are correct.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On Her Majesty's Secret Service remains Lazenby's most notable role, with him claiming that he was blacklisted in the movie industry after refusing a contract to sign on for six more Bond films.

"I had advice that James Bond was over anyway," he told The Guardian. "It was Sean Connery's gig and, being in the '60s, it was love, not war. You know, hippy time. And I bought into that.

"They also said there's a guy called Clint Eastwood doing movies in Italy, getting 500 grand a month, for doing a western. They said, you could do that. So I didn't feel like I was losing the million dollars."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blowfeld wrote:Roddenberry apparently did not care for female captains, ala Turnabout intruder. (JK) Which I expect will be the plot when Chris Pine's contract is up. (No JK)
Original series and first few of Next Generation encapsulates his vision the best. I think Gene Roddenberry would be offended as George Takei was about "gay" Sulu, in this day I'm sure Gene would be pushing for LGBT characters and holding religious principled characters right to believe as long as they were not hateful. Islamic fascists would be relegated to the Nazi bin of bad guy stereotypes Trek used so well.

I am hopeful for the new series, sadly the show last runners burned out trying to float too many Trek series. In my opinion Voyager could be scrapped with out much consequence.
Althou the last two series of Enterprise were very well done, also tied in nicely to The Original Series. The Dark Mirror stories were superb.
I hope Discovery is well executed however being part of the Nu-Trek family does give cause for concern.
Two females running the show in a Star Trek series ala Kirk and Spock? Let's see how popular the new CBS attempt will be.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Jason issacs is listed the captain, I think there are two ships in this series at least IMDb list two captains

Wasn't data gay? I thought there were lots of gay characters in the movies and series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Forgot about the Borg queen, guess Data was bi, and his partners Robosexual

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sexual orientation has NO business being involved in action/sci-fi films. That's only Hollywood's desire to push their agendas.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Wasn't data gay? I thought there were lots of gay characters in the movies and series.
Don't think so. I'm not a Star Trek expert, but the only time I remember seeing Data having a love interest was an episode where he tried to start a romance with a female crew member as an experiment, but realised that he lacked the necessary emotions.

There was also a rather awkward episode where an alien from a species with only one gender fell in love with Riker, which was a rather clumsy attempt to deal with the issue of sexual orientation.
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:
FormerBondFan wrote:
It was just OK FBF and Shatner was showing his age by then.
But this isn't James Bond where age is an issue.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Star Trek II, III, and IV were the best in many people's opinions with the original cast.
FormerBondFan
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Star Trek II, III, and IV were the best in many people's opinions with the original cast.
The same can be said with VI and First Contact.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

First contact is great, too bad the other STNG movies were half assed