President Trump

A place for friendly discussions of politics in general.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: President Trump?

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:If purchase allowed across state lines, it will create competition, just like GEICO or ALLSTATE or any major insurance company that sells nationwide, and costs will drop.
It's a good idea, but may be to late to save heath insurance an a industry. The costs have got to come down much faster than this alone will do it.

Right now I'm tired of Republican know it alls a preaching about preexisting conditions is not insurance... on the merits they have a point, but this isn't people running scams to collect money in staged car crashes or false claims of stuff lost in a fire. Heath care is about maintaining the mortal coil tethering us all to this world. It is not the end users fault the costs are outrageous.

Hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, lawyers, and politicians have made medicine their own personal gravy train.

Medical procedures not involving insurance costs have maintained cost over decades, anything insurance covers is out of control.

Most republicans missed that trump also want to target pharmaceutical companies for price gouging. It's not debatable they are doing it, same drugs sold for veterinary or in other countries cost a fraction of what the retail prices are in the US.

First problem of heath care reform is we as a population have to heath insurance to be able to afford it. Making health insurance closer to a private social security system for hell since before my parents were out of high school in the 70s. For almost 50 years in order to be able to afford to give birth to a child parents have needed insurance, even for a average worker in the US to afford to get sick, not a hospital stay just doctor visits, tests and medicine.

Government controls and Politicians are a big reason why the cost are up. Crooked lawyers tapping the vein of pure cash running through the heart of the medical industry and insurance are the other big cost.

Honestly IMHO anything that requires insurances, home ownership, renters, car, the cost of living go up by a lot.

The first step trump/republicans is taking is necessary to begin to manage to healthcare system obama care further broke. Obama care was corporate welfare for hospitals and insurance companies the exacerbated the problems of a already bad system. Subsidies to families to buy insurance is not the problem or why costs are high.
Before anyone complains about subsidies, explain why insurance companies are getting billions from the government to assure they make a profit.

To make the healthcare system work again the trump plan is a good first step, to fix it, honestly I don't know it can be because the in between steps might be politically unpopular.
To successfully do the next steps like I said before trump needs to be come the biggest sugar daddy to the nation since FDR and LBJ. Give the average American a sweet deal, don't get stuck up on "fiscal conservatism".
Then he will be able to make major reforms the lawyers and hospitals will scream about bring cost under control and he honestly could become a FDR figure revered by voters for keeping trump rebranded republicans in power for generations. Paul Ryan, John McCain, Romney, Bush dynasty, republicans are already dead to the nation they just haven't realized it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

President Trump?

Post by Omega »

Oh, one last early breakfast fueled rant.
Trump has floated getting rid of the social security tax, easy to fund it any number of ways.
If trump does this he will be the next FDR and the trump version of the Republican Party will have decades of power.

If they get rid of the payroll tax, which is a scam where the government claims employers are matching funds or whatever. It's all out of our paychecks one way or another. Same way taxes on industries are never really paid by the companies just passed along in cost to the end consumer. (If trump get his tax cuts through utility rates will drop because many utilities legally pass high rates to cover taxes.)

Anyhow is the SS tax is eliminated then the current way of attributing SS payments for retirement age is gone. If trump makes it every citizen at certain ages or disability as a requirement instead millions not eligible or eligible for small stipends on the roll for bigger income.
This will affect millions of women who were house wives, who didn't draw income for most of their lives. Disabled people. A lot of people (men and women) who take care of family instead of working 9-5 all their lives, will suddenly have a decent income, this will change the lives of a lot of inner city and rural people.

My mother for example only gets a small courtesy payment from Ss based on what my father gets. She worked as a mother all her adult life and as part of the family business, she didn't always make much in the way of income so is penalized by SS. Put her a millions of others in the SS it will put billions of spendable income in the economy and improve millions of lives far as quality of life goes. If it cost billions or trillions who cares? dozens of way of taxing it to make it stainable.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

I joined a nationwide group to get overhead insurance for my business. The yearly premium through the group is about $200.00 per year. If I purchased the same policy on my own, the premium would be hundreds of dollars more per year. This is how you lower costs by setting up nationwide groups that have purchase power en mass to drive the costs down. In the USA, no such situation exists for the healthcare market :!: That is a major issue and is easily correctable by being able to purchase health insurance across state lines.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

An American Civil Liberties Union lawyer argued before a federal appeals court Monday that President Trump's travel ban should be ruled unconstitutional because the action was taken by Trump and not a different president. :shock: :shock: :hair:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Even some democrats admit the way the law is written it is up to the presidents discretion, it should be upheld by the Supreme Court if judging by the law as written and not imposing whatever these judges in Hawaii and Washington state imagine their role is.
One democrat expert said on this trump doesn't even have to acknowledge the judges rulings because they over stepped their authority as federal judges, they can't decided how the immigration into the US works. Hell Obama ignored judges who did have legal standing to block his admin orders.

But it's only ok when the judges like the president. Or agree politically with his policies.

Even when when the U.K. And a few other countries place a ban on electronic devices from terrorist hot spots the reporters assume its because of mean spirited trump instead of terrorists making bombs out of tablets and laptops that power up and work right up to when they explode .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

@realDonaldTrump RESIGN YOU PATHETIC MORONIC SPOILED RICH PRICK

— ROSIE (@Rosie) May 9, 2017
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Senate Democrats infuriated by President Donald Trump’s abrupt firing of FBI Director James Comey have begun weighing a “nuclear option” against Senate Republicans to try to force them to commit to an independent investigation of Trump’s ties to Russia — pulling a procedural move to halt all day-to-day activity in the Senate. In other words, going on a kind of strike.

Democrats are holding off on pulling the trigger — at least for now.

"I hope it doesn’t get there,” Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), the number two ranking Democrat, said in an interview on Wednesday when asked if Senate Democrats would try to essentially shut down the upper chamber of Congress. “I’m hoping for a bipartisan approach to this. But let’s wait and see.”

Here’s how Senate Democrats’ “nuclear option” over Comey would work: Unlike the House of Representatives, the Senate operates under what are called “unanimous consent” agreements. If Senate Democrats withhold their consent, the routine functioning of the body — from committee hearings to routine floor votes — could grind to an immediate halt.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Didn't they try this with some of trumps nominees, they wouldn't show up so the Republican closed the committees and sent them on for a vote.

My guess is the republicans can override unanimous consent. Only way the can't is it it's in the constitution. Most of the rules today are nothing historical.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ABC has canceled Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing sitcom despite good ratings, leaving some to wonder whether the show was canned because of Allen’s conservative politics. :cuss:

Allen made headlines back in March when he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to remark on how conservatives have to keep quiet about any kind of pro-Trump leanings.

“I’m not kidding. You gotta be real careful around here. You get beat up if you don’t believe what everybody believes,” said Allen.

“This is like ‘30s Germany,” he joked. “I don’t know what happened. If you’re not part of the group, ‘You know what we believe is right,’ I go, ‘Well, I might have a problem with that.’”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Comey’s #2 unequivocally states that, contrary to widespread reports, FBI did "not" ask for more funding for Trump Russia probe before firing :!:

— Sharyl Attkisson (@SharylAttkisson) May 11, 2017
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Comey’s #2 unequivocally states that, contrary to widespread reports, FBI did "not" ask for more funding for Trump Russia probe before firing :!:

— Sharyl Attkisson (@SharylAttkisson) May 11, 2017
It's beyond ridiculous there are lots of "news" stories with a narrative fed to them from a "source" all about Russia. Nobody in charge of any investigation has ever said there is any investigation or connection of trump and Russia. Even obama dismissed it even though I believe obama admin is behind the fake news about trump.

The media is printing pure speculation as news.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It's not speculation big O. It's simply false narratives to report on daily because they are afraid of Trump succeeding. Maxine Waters should be terminated from Congress already :!: -----------Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said Thursday he didn't threaten to quit after FBI Director James Comey was fired, contrary to a Wednesday press report.

Rosenstein was asked to respond to the report by Sinclair Broadcast Group's Michelle Macaluso as he was walking out of a meeting with the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

"No, I'm not quitting," he said in a video posted to Twitter.

Macaluso asked again if he threatened to quit, to which he replied, "no."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The family has been sensitive to speculation that Seth Rich could have leaked emails damaging to the DNC since he was murdered during the height of the presidential campaign in a case that remains unsolved. Wheeler and the federal investigator insist that there is evidence to back their claims. “My investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks,” Wheeler said. “I do believe that the answers to who murdered Seth Rich sits on his computer on a shelf at the DC police or FBI headquarters.”

The federal investigator, who requested anonymity, said 44,053 emails and 17,761 attachments between Democratic National Committee leaders, spanning from January 2015 through late May 2016, were transferred from Rich to MacFadyen before May 21.

On July 22, just 12 days after Rich was killed, WikiLeaks published internal DNC emails that appeared to show top party officials conspired to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont from becoming the party’s presidential nominee. That controversy resulted in Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigning as DNC chairperson.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It appears that U.S. Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) has her own link to the Kremlin she keeps vilifying. She has over $200,000 invested in a fund that has millions invested in Russia. Waters is actually earning money off of investments in the evil empire she keeps tweeting about. From GotNews:

Waters’ 2015 disclosure statement details her family’s investments in BlackRock’s Russia-connected Global Allocation and Balanced funds.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The only thing special prosecutors will catch is any idiot who lies under oath about unrelated stuff like Martha Stuart BTW A Comey prosecution
But I was glad to see her do time. Was kind of hoping she'd leave with gang tats all hard core

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Saturday, an anonymous person who works in Washington DC, alleged on 4Chan’s /pol/ subgroup that high-ranking current and former Democratic Party officials are terrified of the Seth Rich murder investigation.

This comes after internet entrepreneur and hacker, Kim DotCom, admitted on Saturday that he was part of an operation along with Seth Rich to get stolen DNC emails to Wikileaks.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I do believe Seth rich was murdered by political operatives because of Wikileaks. His parents seem to want to not believe it I don't know if they are democrats or given the tragedy of someone dying so young don't want to cling on to what seemed like fringe conspiracy theory.

Strangely the special prosecutor don't have a lot of limits on them could dredge up the democrat party Wikileaks saga to try to connect it to Russia if this is for real then it doesn't go back to Russia it goes to this poor young man it would blow up in their faces.

On a different note I been disgusted by the media and fake news using alleged memos and other stuff to besmirch trump.
The supposed comment to Russian ambassador is complete bs, not only does it not sound trump, ok nut job does sound like him, but being here for so long we have gone through many fake news storms about movies that this alleged quote is a obviously fake just the way it's worded. Also the Russian involved said its complete bs.

Now the memo FBI direct supposedly wrote to himself even if legitimate I don't feel was direct interference with the investigators. But I'm fine looking into it, while we are at it look at how obama, bush and Clinton used the FBI.

Also there should be some interesting memos about the Clinton investigation.

I watched a documentary on Kennedy the political establishment fought him hard, there were ambassadors and State Department officials who ignored his instruction instead delivering what they thought was best policy. As a result Vietnam could've been deescalated before it ever became any kind of engagement.
Even President Eisenhower warned about the industrial military complex. But we all know what happened LBJ brought the establishment back to right and except for a few Reagan years it's never felt the least bit disturbed.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Internet freedom fighter and Mega millionaire Kim Dotcom came forth Tuesday with his full statement on Seth Rich as promised.

In the statement, Dotcom claims that he knows that Seth Rich was involved in the DNC leak.

Dotcom writes:

I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.

Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.

I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.

“He wanted to change that from the inside.”

I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.

The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.

I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.

If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.