Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: Her remark that Craig is the "ultimate Bond" and "the series wouldn't be the same without him" speak volumes to back up my claim that Craig and EON believe he's bigger than the role, which is laughable because if Bond can survive Connery's departure he sure as can go on after the door hits Craig on the way out.
This is my very thoughts whenever I see comments from Craig fans who go as far as to suggest that the series should end once Craig finally leaves because he's irreplaceable. I love Roger Moore as Bond, and while he hasn't truly been replaced for me personally, I can't deny that the series has continued on successfully without him. We all have our favourite Bond actor that we wish could stay in the part forever, but the fact is they can and eventually will be replaced.

You are right,Saint. An actor who plays Bond is never more important than the character itself but it seems that Barbata thinks that Craig is the most important factor here,not Bond.
This franchise didn't start with Craig but it could be said that the franchise we all know and love ended with him. Of course,I am hoping someday I will see a movie with James Bond in its title that actually feels like one but I am starting to loose hope.
I don't know what will happen when Craig leaves and because of this fiasco that moment should happen sooner than Barbata wants but what will be her move then?
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Atticus wrote:This Craig incident gets me angry by the day. Now here they are with a weak damage control spin. And why in hell is Harris the one doing the explaining, struggling to justify Craig's meltdown? It's been nearly a week since the Craig rant surfaced and the guy went AWOL on the subject and so did Eon for that matter. When crap like this comes out, you deal with it right away. You don't friggin' hide behind a lady's skirt like this wuss Craig.
Because, if you'll forgive my Politically IN-Correct take on this, Harris is a Black Woman defending an ugly RICH Old White Man. And if she says it's "OK", then I guess everything's supposed to be all hunky-dory so all the uptight *haters* should just "get over it". After all, what better way is there for nu-EON to show how "tolerant", "enlightened" and "progressive" THEY are by having Black-Moneypenny make a public show of support for Craggy's right to "vent his frustrations" with mere "jokes" that were "taken out of context" and "blown out of proportion" like the "sensitive misunderstood artist" he's painted as? Geez, this tactic of theirs is so transparent it's laughable. At least, it would be if it weren't so desperate.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:The only thing that comes close to this, well it really isn't the same it was when dalton Said LTK might be the last bond. He also said he hopes not but its kind of a f'Up .

I don't know how it played when it happened , I was busy learning to ride a bike and watching big bird so what ever was happening in bond the was not on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatak
IIRC, he said that many years after the event, and it was more saying that he had feared the relatively weak (by Bond standards) box office performance of LTK might spell the death of the series, rather than him wanting it to happen.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:The only thing that comes close to this, well it really isn't the same it was when dalton Said LTK might be the last bond. He also said he hopes not but its kind of a f'Up .

I don't know how it played when it happened , I was busy learning to ride a bike and watching big bird so what ever was happening in bond the was not on my radar.

IIRC, he said that many years after the event, and it was more saying that he had feared the relatively weak (by Bond standards) box office performance of LTK might spell the death of the series, rather than him wanting it to happen.
I thought he said it in the lead up to the release ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

I thought he said it in the lead up to the release ?
I don't know if Dalton made the LTK-as-last-Bond-film comment in a bunch of magazines, but the magazine I have is from winter 1989. It's Bondage magazine issue #16, which has a Licence To Kill coverage. This was the publication of Richard Schenkman's old Bond club. On page 23, Dalton says:

"My feeling is this will be the last one. I don't mean my last one, I mean the end of the whole lot. I don't speak with any real authority, but it's sort of a feeling I have. Sorry!"

It's refreshing to read this old article. Dalton was a class act. Schenkman goes on about whether the actor was thinking of leaving the series:

But if there were going to be any more Bond films, he hasn't decided to quit, has he? "Oh no, no, no, not in the slightest. I've thoroughly enjoyed making this one and the last one, and was terribly pleased with the success of The Living Daylights. I've actually found a lot of good advantages to doing the last Bond film, particularly as it was so successful."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

Post by Omega »

What? (Dalton) That was a coherent sentence! If he were really gritty he'd drop the f'bonb ever other word.

Thanks for typing that out. Makes me miss real bond movies and actors that much more

Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Barry Niven wrote:
Atticus wrote:This Craig incident gets me angry by the day. Now here they are with a weak damage control spin. And why in hell is Harris the one doing the explaining, struggling to justify Craig's meltdown? It's been nearly a week since the Craig rant surfaced and the guy went AWOL on the subject and so did Eon for that matter. When crap like this comes out, you deal with it right away. You don't friggin' hide behind a lady's skirt like this wuss Craig.
Because, if you'll forgive my Politically IN-Correct take on this, Harris is a Black Woman defending an ugly RICH Old White Man. And if she says it's "OK", then I guess everything's supposed to be all hunky-dory so all the uptight *haters* should just "get over it". After all, what better way is there for nu-EON to show how "tolerant", "enlightened" and "progressive" THEY are by having Black-Moneypenny make a public show of support for Craggy's right to "vent his frustrations" with mere "jokes" that were "taken out of context" and "blown out of proportion" like the "sensitive misunderstood artist" he's painted as? Geez, this tactic of theirs is so transparent it's laughable. At least, it would be if it weren't so desperate.
I don't mind you being political incorrect. It's refreshing. :D And I get the notion of the black woman defending the white guy angle. I agree that's what the Eon PR machine did here. And that's an excellent point about Eon being "progressive". My expression (and it didn't come out right) was more aimed at the clumsiness of how Eon handled this spin and how late they did it. Harris's comment is just as laughable. First of all, she's not even a household name, so she's not exactly an attention-grabber. Then her talking point about Craig's devotion to the role, leaving him to devote a whopping 128 full days to working, is hilarious. If anything, it actually emphasizes what an A-hole Craig is because she inadvertently described him as another privileged arrogant celebrity, complaining how tough he's had it by working 128 days.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

Daniel Craig does not have good PR skills. Also he hates making James Bond films. If he had some other well paying film parts he would have just made two or three James Bond films.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

mcbride007 wrote:Daniel Craig does not have good PR skills. Also he hates making James Bond films. If he had some other well paying film parts he would have just made two or three James Bond films.
I remember when we thought he'd hit it big with something else and walk away from bond . He crashed and burned those potential series instead. Surprised bond has withstood his effect so well

surgcmdr
New Recruit

Post by surgcmdr »

No class at all the face usual like the personality

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk