Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

Post by Goldeneye »

I'm going to try to pool all the stories and comments into one thread so we can keep track of the conversation.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond

Post by bjmdds »

07 Oct 2015 08:24 pm
Actor Daniel Craig is probably leaving his producers and studio shaken and stirred with his latest comments on his future as James Bond.

Weeks before the Nov. 6 release of his Bond flick, "Spectre," the British actor told Time Out London that if he did renew his onscreen license to kill, "it would only be for the money."

"Now? I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrists," he told the magazine about the speculation about the next Bond film. "No, not at the moment. Not at all. That's fine. I'm over it at the moment. We're done. All I want to do is move on."

"Spectre" marks Craig's fourth tour of duty as 007, tying him with Pierce Brosnan as the third longest-tenured bond behind Roger Moore (seven films) and Sean Connery (six films).

He is still under contract for a fifth movie, but it is not likely producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave. Part of the issue for Craig is that he feels there are just so many times he can be expected to save the world.

"'Every idea I've had for a Bond movie, I've stuck into this one," said the 47-year-old actor. "It's gone in. The Bond bank is dry. If you're asking me what would I do with another Bond movie? I haven't a clue. Go into space? Let's do it! They already did it. Let's do it again." Both Tom Hardy and Hugh Jackman expressed interest in the part.

Craig himself doesn't seem to be willing to provide an endorsement.

"Literally I'd say two things. Firstly, it's your decision," Craig told Time Out London. " Don't listen to anybody else. Well, do listen to everybody, but you have to make the choice at the end of the day. It's your bed to lie on.

"And don't be s---! Don't be s---. You've got to step up. People do not make movies like this anymore. This is really rare now. So don't be s---."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

07 Oct 2015 08:43 pm
Wtf?
Did he just quit or is he shitfaced ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

07 Oct 2015 08:57 pm
Omega wrote:Wtf?

I wonder if he is bipolar. One minute he's going to be Bond for a million years, the next...well, this.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

07 Oct 2015 09:18 pm
Perhaps it's the stress of just completing a film, but if Craig is that tired of being Bond, then let him leave already. The last thing we need is an aging Craig who's bored out of his skull, he's already dull enough as it is.

Unlike Roger Moore, I can't see Craig being enthusiastic about Bond years from now. After 30 years, Moore still fondly talks about the Bond series and appreciates being part of it. He doesn't swear when being interviewed, and he enjoys answering questions from the fans even if they do get a bit repetitive.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

07 Oct 2015 09:27 pm
I really do believe there is something wrong with Craig. This interview gives us a real Freudian view in to his psyche.

"Now? I'd rather break this glass and slash my wrists," he told the magazine about the speculation about the next Bond film. "No, not at the moment. Not at all. That's fine. I'm over it at the moment. We're done. All I want to do is move on."

First he's ready to commit suicide rather than make another Bond, then in the same breath reaffirms that's how he feels at the moment, meaning there is room for a change of heart.

He is still under contract for a fifth movie, but it is not likely producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson would not stand in his way if he wanted to leave. Part of the issue for Craig is that he feels there are just so many times he can be expected to save the world.

Poor Craig they really pulled the bait and switch on him, how was he to know playing James Bond would require him to "save the world" each film.

"'Every idea I've had for a Bond movie, I've stuck into this one," said the 47-year-old actor. "It's gone in. The Bond bank is dry. If you're asking me what would I do with another Bond movie? I haven't a clue.

So it's Craig's franchise now?

Daniel Craig's EON Productions Present
Daniel Craig as
Daniel Craig's interpretation of
Ian Fleming's James Bond in
Daniel Craig's Crap Du Jour

Go into space? Let's do it! They already did it. Let's do it again."
This comes off as the ranting's of a man at the end of his rope. Just screaming "You want to do it?! Let's do it! Come on do it! DO IT!!!!"

"Literally I'd say two things. Firstly, it's your decision," Craig told Time Out London. " Don't listen to anybody else. Well, do listen to everybody, but you have to make the choice at the end of the day. It's your bed to lie on.
This statement tells me Craig didn't want Bond but was talked in to it by someone else, and that's why he's so resentful of the character.

"And don't be s---! Don't be s---. You've got to step up. People do not make movies like this anymore.(You mean cheap knock offs of other franchises?) This is really rare now. So don't be s---."
Too bad he didn't take his own advise.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

dirtybenny
The Saint 007 wrote:Perhaps it's the stress of just completing a film, but if Craig is that tired of being Bond, then let him leave already. The last thing we need is an aging Craig who's bored out of his skull, he's already dull enough as it is.

Unlike Roger Moore, I can't see Craig being enthusiastic about Bond years from now. After 30 years, Moore still fondly talks about the Bond series and appreciates being part of it. He doesn't swear when being interviewed, and he enjoys answering questions from the fans even if they do get a bit repetitive.
Yes Saint, that's because Rodger is a class act, and Craig is, well to put it mildly, not.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

07 Oct 2015 11:16 pm
The Saint 007 wrote:Perhaps it's the stress of just completing a film, but if Craig is that tired of being Bond, then let him leave already. The last thing we need is an aging Craig who's bored out of his skull, he's already dull enough as it is.

Money talks (sadly), atleast Eccleston after he thought he didn't fit in doc who left after one series, Craig will more likely be bond till....I don't know but it's depressing thinking about it.. :evil:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

07 Oct 2015 11:21 pm
Great press before EON releases the film.....NOT :!:......I wonder if Broccoli and the dolt MGW knew he was going to say this.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

kater23 » 08 Oct 2015 01:20 am
Daniel Craig has gone completely emo. Actually, it's gone way past emo, at this point. Everyone in his life should be seriously concerned about him if he is truly serious with what he's saying.

I have visions of Daniel Craig going postal, and let me tell you that is not a pleasant prospect.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Barry Niven
Lieutenant

Post by Barry Niven »

Barry Niven » 08 Oct 2015 01:35 am
That's what they get when they indulge their Favorite Pet by loosening his leash: An overgrown baby bawling until he gets his bottle.
And Craggy even looks like one, too.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

08 Oct 2015 01:35 am
Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Wtf?

I wonder if he is bipolar. One minute he's going to be Bond for a million years, the next...well, this.
maybe he was sarcastic saying I've only done four movies as in that for him is a lot , he hasn't made but two movies in what 5 years

But he does sound bipolar . If pierce had said that promoting dad I would be happy if he left, dalton never said crap like that the worst he said he was afraid it might be the last bond, Craig come out and talk like this and as a fan of bond I be happy if he was fired tomorrow , we'd probably get idris or captain winters but that is better than this

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

08 Oct 2015 01:50 am
^Carrie Mathison fo reals, yo. :| _.///
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

08 Oct 2015 02:08 am
The internet sites are running with this story. Broccoli must be fuming :!: :lol:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

08 Oct 2015 02:20 am
This is the textbook definition of schadenfreude. :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

08 Oct 2015 05:16 am
Does anyone think this finishes him as bond? Does it only endear him more to his loyal fans ?

I can't see Barbara ditching him but then again I don't think the standard best dress awards eon usually pays for are flooding him this outing .

ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

08 Oct 2015 05:37 am
Omega wrote:Does anyone think this finishes him as bond? Does it only endear him more to his loyal fans ?

I can't see Barbara ditching him but then again I don't think the standard best dress awards eon usually pays for are flooding him this outing .

I hope so...
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

by Kristatos » 08 Oct 2015 08:02 am
He says stuff like this all the time, though.
John Drake
Commander
Location: Watching the first twenty James Bond films somewhere...

Post by John Drake »

John Drake » 08 Oct 2015 09:56 am
What they could do is give the part to an actor who would genuinely appreciate the role and afford it the respect it deserves.
"He is very good-looking" Vesper Lynd
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

by Kristatos » 08 Oct 2015 09:56 am
Tweet from Angry Salmond (an Alex Salmond parody account): "It's good to know Daniel Craig feels the same way about playing James Bond as I do about watching him as James Bond."