RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

Post by Omega »

that is priceless .

I was worried everyone would forget what crag said like usual but it hasn't gone away already and it is food for Satire .

It just great, might not help him out the door , I believe he is done when he's gone but we know now the studios are pissed and the public isn't going to let this go anytime soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond

Post by Veronica »

Now we all know Craig would do it only for the money and personally I think he has done it for the money solely for some time. Studio executives are pissed and rightly so,this is a PR nightmare right before the premiere...I wonder what Barbara is thinking right now.
Last edited by Veronica on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I bet babzy is pissed too. This is her only claim to fame in Hollywood they put Close to $400 million into it if Craig sabotages it . It could leave her in a bad way and hurt the franchise

Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Veronica wrote:Now we all know Craig would do it only for the money and personally he has done it for the money solely for some time. Studio executives are pissed and rightly so,this is a PR nightmare right before the premiere...I wonder what Barbara is thinking right now.

He has to do it for the money, maybe if he had anything going outside of Bond, he could afford himself the luxury of making Bond films out of the goodness of his heart.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Veronica wrote:Now we all know Craig would do it only for the money and personally he has done it for the money solely for some time. Studio executives are pissed and rightly so,this is a PR nightmare right before the premiere...I wonder what Barbara is thinking right now.

He has to do it for the money, maybe if he had anything going outside of Bond, he could afford himself the luxury of making Bond films out of the goodness of his heart.

Apperantly he thinks it damaged his career and isn't good enough for his creative range... :lol:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

Even Yahoo news posted the Sony-shut-up-Craig incident this morning. Yes, Yahoo, that news source for Millennials, which in the past always had a pro-Craig sentiment, along with their readers posting the usual idolatrous stance for Craig. But drifting over all of it now is the winds of the change. Sure, there are still a couple of Craig apologists, but the sentiment is overwhelmingly negative. Here are some amusing comments.

http://news.yahoo.com/daniel-craig-told ... 48520.html

He's handled it all with such class up to this point, but this misstep is curious to say the least. People are getting ready to plunk down some hard earned cash to watch SPECTRE and no paying customer wants to hear how much Craig hated the character and the process it took to complete the film. The guys making 36 million large, now lets see, I make $26,000 a year, how should I feel about your dissatisfaction with you playing James Bond,...How about that, Mr. Fung, I mean Craig?

Daniel Craig ain't a classy guy, in reality. LoL.

I predict that this ungrateful #$%$ will be doing Fisherman's Friend commercials in the next five years as a Bond much younger and cooler will be living the high life.

Now comes the backlash, he really should have considered his long term relationship with his fans, this one is going to cost him in the long run whether he makes another Bond film or not, people remember.

Granted, it sounds like he had a miserable time making the last movie, but you still don't bite the hand that feeds you. Ask Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf.

I bet you when he signed up to be Bond he was thinking girls, cars, and kick #$%$ gadgets. Little did he know he would end up drier then the desert with dudes constantly attacking his genitals and some guy from IT telling him to turn it off and on again. I'll never understand why they felt the need to mess with the formula.

This from the guy who did Cowboys vs Aliens?

Biting the hand that feeds you. Never a good idea.

I don't know any other movie he has made or been a part of other than these Bond films, seems to me he doesn't have the limelight like he thinks he does.

Um, maybe he was just making a joke but the studio wouldn't take it so lightly when new movie about to come out. Also, its true if not for Bond movies, he would be a C list D list star because I think he is ugliest version of James Bond.

question.. has anyone ever heard the name "daniel craig" before he did his first bond film?

Daniel Craig was always a nobody to me, with his first appearance as Bond, I disliked him as Bond. I have been eagerly awaiting a new person to play Bond ever since his first one.

Well I guess this movie will be a flop in the Bond series. No way it's going to take off when the actor hates the character he was hired to portray. Once the shooting is done I hope Sony tells him before he even can get a word out " Okay Daniel, as you wanted, you are free now, so please go slash your wrists and bleed to death in some dark alley".

to me he never would of been playing Bond roles he's simply not James Bond material. and I'm glad he sees that

I guess hes forgotten how much he must have begged for the job. He needs to quit,shut up,and move over.

Reshoot the ending and have him die.

LoL, he has a history of bashing the franchise... If I were a Sony exec, I'd simply just do a jab right in the mouth; that'll create more media buzz for the film. A day in jail would be worth it. He's an #$%$. LoL.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

I LOVE the 6th comment. :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The story keep growing even his most rabid supporters seem pissed off

The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

Naomie Harris says Craig was "just being sarcastic" with his comments about moving on from Bond.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

The Saint 007 wrote:Naomie Harris says Craig was "just being sarcastic" with his comments about moving on from Bond.
Sure he was. If all this was is a sarcastic comment followed by a hundred take this job and shove its, why is it Naomie Harris the person out there responding to this and not EON bosses and studios spokesmen? Or Craig himself? (By the way the win a chance to sit next to Craig at the premier sounds like a nightmare.)
The studio apparently have told Craig to "shut up", if true that's pretty drastic.

Poor Naomie is caught in the middle of this at least she is not pretending the controversy is not happening, I think the excuse she came up with is not going to work primarily because even it doesn't matter if Craig was serious, doing it only for the money and not giving a f***about just about everything he was very serious.I suppose he Fbombed his way to freedom.

Naomie has to be worried if Craig goes she might have to go as well. The Bond series usually keeps their supporting cast on for decades, I wonder if that will work if the series switches focus because Craig exits.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they kept on Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw after Craig leaves, just as they kept on Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell and Desmond Llewellyn after Connery's departure.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

The Saint 007 wrote:Naomie Harris says Craig was "just being sarcastic" with his comments about moving on from Bond.

Ultimate Bond?REALLY? Wouldn't be Bond without him? REALLY? :lol:
Lives and breathes Bond? REALLY?Being sarcaatic? REALLY?
REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Nice try. :lol: :lol: :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I don't blame Harris for defending Craig, unlike him she's not getting $60mil. a film so she needs to keep this gravy train a rollin for as long as possible, but her excuse comes off ridiculously week. His "sense of humor"? OK, I'll give you the wrist slashing, I sure Craig didn't mean he would literally slash his wrists, but as Goldeneye pointed out he immediately followed it up with "I'd only be doing it for the money", which can in no way be misconstrued as a "joke". Not to mention the dozens of times he's said how much he wants to leave but no one noticed. I am also a bit sick of all this "Craig is so dedicated to Bond and his "craft"." garbage. It's quite obvious he's not from the aforementioned interviews. As I've said before it comes off almost in a battered spouse kind of style, "Oh he didn't mean it, it's just how he shows he cares".

Her remark that Craig is the "ultimate Bond" and "the series wouldn't be the same without him" speak volumes to back up my claim that Craig and EON believe he's bigger than the role, which is laughable because if Bond can survive Connery's departure he sure as can go on after the door hits Craig on the way out.

Kristatos wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind if they kept on Fiennes, Harris and Whishaw after Craig leaves, just as they kept on Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell and Desmond Llewellyn after Connery's departure.
I'm mostly with you on that Kris, but I could do without Whishaw, his "I.T. guy" take on Q rubs me the wrong way.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

dirtybenny wrote:
I don't blame Harris for defending Craig, unlike him she's not getting $60mil. a film so she needs to keep this gravy train a rollin for as long as possible, but her excuse comes off ridiculously week. His "sense of humor"? OK, I'll give you the wrist slashing, I sure Craig didn't mean he would literally slash his wrists, but as Goldeneye pointed out he immediately followed it up with "I'd only be doing it for the money", which can in no way be misconstrued as a "joke". Not to mention the dozens of times he's said how much he wants to leave but no one noticed. I am also a bit sick of all this "Craig is so dedicated to Bond and his "craft"." garbage. It's quite obvious he's not from the aforementioned interviews. As I've said before it comes off almost in a battered spouse kind of style, "Oh he didn't mean it, it's just how he shows he cares".

Her remark that Craig is the "ultimate Bond" and "the series wouldn't be the same without him" speak volumes to back up my claim that Craig and EON believe he's bigger than the role, which is laughable because if Bond can survive Connery's departure he sure as can go on after the door hits Craig on the way out.
There is some truth to that, though not the way Harris meant.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Veronica wrote:

Ultimate Bond?REALLY?
My response to that article on that:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
There is some truth to that, though not the way Harris meant.
She has no idea how much better the movies could be.

She had that awful story about her all expenses paid vacation revealing she was mp before that secret was supposed to be reviled

I think if Craig leaves take Mp and q with him , M is pretty good casting.

She was not a good choice for mp. And I hate her back story

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

shaken not stirred wrote:
Veronica wrote:

Ultimate Bond?REALLY?
My response to that article on that:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
And this was mine reaction:

Imagey
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

This Craig incident gets me angry by the day. Now here they are with a weak damage control spin. And why in hell is Harris the one doing the explaining, struggling to justify Craig's meltdown? It's been nearly a week since the Craig rant surfaced and the guy went AWOL on the subject and so did Eon for that matter. When crap like this comes out, you deal with it right away. You don't friggin' hide behind a lady's skirt like this wuss Craig. I know something about all this PR world, because I'm a retired advertising exec who worked for a major firm. As my Uncle Fast Eddie used to say, if a guy can't come clean with his screw up, he makes for the hills. That's where Craig is. He's running. Geez, in my day, if a high level executive trashed an upcoming product right before its release, he gets his head on the chopping block. Here we are a week later, and Harris is the one thrown out in the field, so to speak, to deal with the front man's screw up. And this business about Sony execs telling Craig to shut up--you can take that to mean that a lot of screaming was going on in some conference room. It went down ugly, folks. Craig is obviously a first class irreverent A-hole, and he most likely stuck his middle finger at those execs in return, if you get my drift.
The Saint 007
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me, A View To A Kill, Goldfinger, GoldenEye, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Octopussy, Thunderball

Post by The Saint 007 »

dirtybenny wrote: Her remark that Craig is the "ultimate Bond" and "the series wouldn't be the same without him" speak volumes to back up my claim that Craig and EON believe he's bigger than the role, which is laughable because if Bond can survive Connery's departure he sure as can go on after the door hits Craig on the way out.
This is my very thoughts whenever I see comments from Craig fans who go as far as to suggest that the series should end once Craig finally leaves because he's irreplaceable. I love Roger Moore as Bond, and while he hasn't truly been replaced for me personally, I can't deny that the series has continued on successfully without him. We all have our favourite Bond actor that we wish could stay in the part forever, but the fact is they can and eventually will be replaced.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Craig:"I’d Rather Slash My Wrists" Than Do Another Bond Film

Post by Omega »

The only thing that comes close to this, well it really isn't the same it was when dalton Said LTK might be the last bond. He also said he hopes not but its kind of a f'Up .

I don't know how it played when it happened , I was busy learning to ride a bike and watching big bird so what ever was happening in bond the was not on my radar.