SPECTRE Theme Song

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Atticus
Lieutenant

Re: SPECTRE Theme Song

Post by Atticus »

This song is crappy and so corny. Never heard of this Sam Smith. I can't stand his voice, especially the annoying falsetto where he's so overly emotional. I can't even hum the friggin' melody it's so unmemorable. The lyrics are stupid. The video downplays that this is a Bond/action film. Instead, they're trying to present it like some kind of harlequin romance. It actually reminds me of the sappy romantic film that Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried did called Dear John.

Here's a frank review of the song. This writer is right on target with how lousy this song is, as well as what the hell is going on with the series.

http://n007.thegoldeneye.com/film_comme ... ectre.html
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Atticus wrote:This song is crappy and so corny. Never heard of this Sam Smith. I can't stand his voice, especially the annoying falsetto where he's so overly emotional. I can't even hum the friggin' melody it's so unmemorable. The lyrics are stupid. The video downplays that this is a Bond/action film. Instead, they're trying to present it like some kind of harlequin romance. It actually reminds me of the sappy romantic film that Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried did called Dear John.

Here's a frank review of the song. This writer is right on target with how lousy this song is, as well as what the hell is going on with the series.

http://n007.thegoldeneye.com/film_comme ... ectre.html
Eon certainly provide lots of material for that site!
Anna86
New Recruit

Post by Anna86 »

Hey everyone! Recently found interesting video cover of main song James Bond. Two russian violinists, very talanted girls violin duet Feeriya! Want to share with you this video. enjoy! :D
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Anna86 wrote:Hey everyone! Recently found interesting video cover of main song James Bond. Two russian violinists, very talanted girls violin duet Feeriya! Want to share with you this video. enjoy! :D

Thank you for the link. Good stuff. :up:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Anna86 wrote:Hey everyone! Recently found interesting video cover of main song James Bond. Two russian violinists, very talanted girls violin duet Feeriya! Want to share with you this video. enjoy! :D
Hello Anna :!:
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Omega wrote:What the hell is wrong with the British people? Writing on the wall charts out at number 1"a bond first "

Common that crap song get praise while good songs didn't get to the top of the charts

According to the iTunes Store its #37 in sales and never in the top ten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't tell you, fact we support garbage from x-factor (always trying to be xmas number one and scaring off real musical talent (just axe the show already).

As for the song I see what they tried to do but bloody hell lighten up a bit oh boo hoo, the song's making it sound like bond is going to die or something or it's so important, its like some horrible melodramatic anime, that's what this song reminds Me of it fits there not in bond and it sounds more like the whinings on the wall, the song goes nowhere, it builds up to nothing and it severely grates.

I'd rather listen to the mr blooby song again than the whinings on the wall and that say a lot....

Just heard those violinists, now that should be the official bond theme, it fits so d**n well (has a similar feel to the bond james bond song used in Brosnan era (it just works).
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Would anyone mind if I were to paraphrase Bond (TLD)...?

"Lovely girls with the Violins."

Great cover, by the way. Bond (the string quartet) also did a fine cover of the Bond theme.
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Anna86 wrote:
Would anyone mind if I were to paraphrase Bond (TLD)...?

"Lovely girls with the Violins."
:cheers: :martini:
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Wasn't there a group of Russian girls like the Bond instrumental musicians called from Russia with love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
............ :007: