Press conference live thread

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours

Re: Press conference live thread

Postby stockslivevan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
User avatar
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
 
Posts: 3249
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:13 am
Location: Crab Key
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Press conference live thread

Postby Omega » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 am

stockslivevan wrote:Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
you may have a point. I've gotten used to the longer names and like them. Something Bondian about them.
............ :007:
User avatar
Omega
0010
 
Posts: 5757
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: the lost city
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: Press conference live thread

Postby The Sweeney » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 am

Omega wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
you may have a point. I've gotten used to the longer names and like them. Something Bondian about them.

I actually prefer the longer titles too, like OHMSS, YOLT, LALD, FYEO and TMWTGG.

The only time I didn't like this was during the Brosnan era, with TND, DAD and TWINE, which I thought was fairly naff and unimaginative, relying on the word `Die' to be used in 2 of the titles, which was just lazy.
User avatar
The Sweeney
003
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Underneath a Mango Tree....
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Re: Press conference live thread

Postby Kristatos » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:31 am

The Sweeney wrote:The only time I didn't like this was during the Brosnan era, with TND, DAD and TWINE, which I thought was fairly naff and unimaginative, relying on the word `Die' to be used in 2 of the titles, which was just lazy.

Well, to be fair, one of them was a typo.
Balls, Q?
User avatar
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
 
Posts: 10261
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Location: St. Cyril's

Re: Press conference live thread

Postby Daltonite Toothpaste » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Problem Eliminator wrote:A bland title isnt the kiss of death. License to kill is pretty bland.


I wouldn't call it bland, but I think Licence Revoked sounds a touch better.
Image
User avatar
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 2:35 pm
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Previous

Return to SPECTRE

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron