Press conference live thread

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
stockslivevan
SPECTRE 02
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love

Re: Press conference live thread

Post by stockslivevan »

Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

stockslivevan wrote:Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
you may have a point. I've gotten used to the longer names and like them. Something Bondian about them.
............ :007:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

Omega wrote:
stockslivevan wrote:Would you argue DR. NO and GOLDFINGER were unimaginative titles just for being named after a villain? I think the point of titling it SPECTRE is to get buzz going that Bond will be facing his most iconic foe in 40 years. Kind of a contrast to SKYFALL being an initially secretive title.
you may have a point. I've gotten used to the longer names and like them. Something Bondian about them.
I actually prefer the longer titles too, like OHMSS, YOLT, LALD, FYEO and TMWTGG.

The only time I didn't like this was during the Brosnan era, with TND, DAD and TWINE, which I thought was fairly naff and unimaginative, relying on the word `Die' to be used in 2 of the titles, which was just lazy.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sweeney wrote: The only time I didn't like this was during the Brosnan era, with TND, DAD and TWINE, which I thought was fairly naff and unimaginative, relying on the word `Die' to be used in 2 of the titles, which was just lazy.
Well, to be fair, one of them was a typo.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Problem Eliminator wrote:A bland title isnt the kiss of death. License to kill is pretty bland.
I wouldn't call it bland, but I think Licence Revoked sounds a touch better.