Christoph Waltz joins Bond 24 as the villian

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Re: Christoph Waltz joins Bond 24 as the villian

Post by acid »

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they bring back Blofeld and then kill him off either immediately in Spectre or in the next film or two. They're very lucky to regain the rights to use the character and it would just fit the destructive, short term, spectacle[sup]1[/sup] at any cost nature of modern film to blow those rights in no time at all. It's like where they bring back the DB5 only for it to be destroyed or in the later Trek films the Enterprises repeatedly being wrecked in questionable circumstances just to create a spectacle. Modern film making is all about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the next film, sucking everything good out of a franchise until it is dry and trashing it all just to try and make it more exciting or edgy. They don't care what it does for future continuity because they can always just reboot or remake. Again.

I always thought it would be good to bring Blofeld back in a way that maintains the continuity with FYEO, like there was water in the chimney and his chair broke the fall, or even that was yet another double with the real Blofeld watching remotely. It's not going to happen though because I think as far as Babs is concerned FYEO might as well have never happened.

[sup]1[/sup]That's almost a pun, but not quite.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

Waltz is FANTASTIC actor...
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:Waltz is FANTASTIC actor...
He may be but all that crap about being in "only a particular kind of Bond movie" it's like now being in a Bond is beneath the actors. Not so long ago villains and Bond girls were played by famous actors-Sean Bean,Jonathan Pryce,Sophie Marceau,Halle Berry(althugh there she really wasn't at the peak of acting abilities)... also Carl Stromberg was played by a famous German actor...now I can't remember his name. This statement was peak. Bond is dead and the esence of Bond has been lost...Bond isn't Bond anymore and actors wanna be in only "certain kind of Bond movie"...bleh.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
He may be but all that crap about being in "only a particular kind of Bond movie" it's like now being in a Bond is beneath the actors. Not so long ago villains and Bond girls were played by famous actors-Sean Bean,Jonathan Pryce,Sophie Marceau,Halle Berry(althugh there she really wasn't at the peak of acting abilities)... also Carl Stromberg was played by a famous German actor...now I can't remember his name. This statement was peak. Bond is dead and the esence of Bond has been lost...Bond isn't Bond anymore and actors wanna be in only "certain kind of Bond movie"...bleh.
Bond is dead, but waltz (2 oscars) is FANTASTIC actor (inglourious basterds, djanco unchained & the zero theorem)...
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Bond is dead, but waltz (2 oscars) is FANTASTIC actor (inglourious basterds, djanco unchained & the zero theorem)...
I know he is and probably he is going to be the movie's biggest strength. But I don't think he is going to be enough to make me watch SPECTRE. Three movies and I don't know which one nauseates me more.
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
I know he is and probably he is going to be the movie's biggest strength. But I don't think he is going to be enough to make me watch SPECTRE. Three movies and I don't know which one nauseates me more.
Yeah, waltz is FANTASTIC & spectre is SH#T...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Yeah, waltz is FANTASTIC & spectre is SH#T...

We'll see how much a crap it would be.Judging by the whole parade that is going on behind the camera...
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

What you mean "parade behind the camera"...?
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

ml94 wrote:What you mean "parade behind the camera"...?
A mess of a script,Mexico paying them how many millions to show city in positive light,the script leaked if you didn't know it's online. I don't know if they are doing rewrites or something... quite frankly this all smells like another Quantum of Solace for me.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Also Mexican goverment dictates a lot... the assaissn Bond is chasing should not be Mexican because that would show them in negative light-right,no matter they have millions of poor people in that city and drug cartels it's important that a killer is not Mexican in A MOVIE! that mexican actress was added to the story simply because they said so... the mexican police force will be changed as some other "special" police force.lord.. Bond will obviously take shots of a city with a Sony phone because they paid six million to Craig...
ml94
Single O

Post by ml94 »

Veronica wrote:
ml94 wrote:What you mean "parade behind the camera"...?
A mess of a script,Mexico paying them how many millions to show city in positive light,the script leaked if you didn't know it's online. I don't know if they are doing rewrites or something... quite frankly this all smells like another Quantum of Solace for me.
BIG MESS from the start to the end...