Is it still being made?

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: Is it still being made?

Post by Kristatos »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I agree with every word you wrote. You all know where I stand vis-a-vis Brosnan, but I didn't and still don't like the reboot (and de-Bonding) of Bond. But let's try to look on the bright side, it is unlikely that Craig will make 4.
Umm, he's already shooting his 4th "Bond" film.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
shaken not stirred
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldeneye, the spy who loved Me, the world is not enough, goldfinger, live and let die.
Favorite Movies: Iron man,Iron man 2, avengers, goldeneye, dark city, back to the future, live and let die.

Post by shaken not stirred »

Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:I agree with every word you wrote. You all know where I stand vis-a-vis Brosnan, but I didn't and still don't like the reboot (and de-Bonding) of Bond. But let's try to look on the bright side, it is unlikely that Craig will make 4.

On saying that, he hasn't really done much outside Bond since taking the role on. Put yourself in his shoes, would you leave the role?
If I wasn't right for the role and I knew it yes I would step down, also I thought he hated playing bond and said it was beneath him..Eccleston bowed out of doctor who as he didn't want to be typecast and he left, wish there was some machine to freeze me futurama style until this drek era of bond is over, this is also craigs 4th bond movie.
Bond....James bond....Rest in peace (1964-2002)
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Kristatos wrote:
Umm, he's already shooting his 4th "Bond" film.
Oops, meant another 4. :oops: But even if I hadn't made that gaffe, I could be forgiven, right? I can't be expected to religiously follow the Craig era. Please don't make me do that.
shaken not stirred wrote:

On saying that, he hasn't really done much outside Bond since taking the role on. Put yourself in his shoes, would you leave the role?
If I wasn't right for the role and I knew it yes I would step down, also I thought he hated playing bond and said it was beneath him..Eccleston bowed out of doctor who as he didn't want to be typecast and he left, wish there was some machine to freeze me futurama style until this drek era of bond is over, this is also craigs 4th bond movie.
Eccleston didn't step down because of typecasting, he dropped out because of, in his own words...

"I left because of politics. I did not see eye to eye with them. I didn't agree with the way things were being run. I didn't like the culture that had grown up around the series. So I left, I felt, over a principle."

I have heard before about Craig wanting to leave Bond as soon as he was cast. Maybe EON are throwing enough money at him so he can suppress his ethics.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Eccleston said that he would have come back for the 50th anniversary had Joe Ahearne (his favourite Who director) directed it. And he has repeatedly said that he is proud of his work on Doctor Who. So it's not a Christopher Plummer/Sound of Music situation with him.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig