Penelope Cruz officially announced for Bond 24 (sort of)

A place for discussion of all SPECTRE related news and rumours
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Re: Penelope Cruz officially announced for Bond 24 (sort of)

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

Dr. No wrote:
Daltonite Toothpaste wrote:
Kristatos wrote:She is closer in age to Egg than the last few Bond girls.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2
I was about the post the same. Everyone ages differently, but it is hard to believe that Craig is about the same age as Moore in LALD and Dalton in LTK.
So true he looks so much older. I don't think her age is a problem, back in the 1990 I think it was Sela Ward who heard they wanted her for a Bond girl got real excited about the possibility then learned they wanted her of 20 years ago. :shock:
But he did get a movie with Dalton

What I remember of Cruz is for a long time every movie she was on her and the leading man would be involved romantically on and off the set. Some actress seem to do that for whatever reasons, probably better to keep her off a Bond set were it would cause a scandal .
I think Sela Ward was considered for the role of Paris Carver (while Brosnan wanted Monica Bellucci), which as we know went to the more popular Teri Hatcher, though I would have preferred Ward or Bellucci.

Penelope Cruz has also appeared with Dalton:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106956/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Never seen FRAMED before, but surely the poster looks very Bondian. How is it, Daltonite?
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

I believe Ms Ward had auditioned for GoldenEye as well.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Daltonite Toothpaste
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights, Licence To Kill, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, From Russia With Love, Tomorrow Never Dies & For Your Eyes Only.
Favorite Movies: American Mary, Deadlier Than The Male, Dracula, Saved, The Big Sleep, The French Connection, Under The Sand

Post by Daltonite Toothpaste »

I haven't seen all of Framed, only the odd clip on youtube.
Blowfeld wrote:I believe Ms Ward had auditioned for GoldenEye as well.
As Natalya? Hhm... I could see her as Natalya.
ml94
Single O
Favorite Bond Movie: GOLDFINGER, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS, GOLDENEYE.
Favorite Movies: T2 & THE DARK KNIGHT.

Post by ml94 »

PENELOPE <3